• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PERMS ISSUE] Slime Block Elevators do not work for non VIP players
I was building a slime block elevator to replace my stairs in my mansion and realized it did not work. It would either bounce me for a split second and warp me back down, or phase through me.

After about an hour of trying to get it to work, I asked Bri to help me with the elevator. Bri tested it and it worked fine. I tried it and, again, it did not work.

To rule out a permissions error, I payed $5 to users with a certain rank and VIP status.

Players with VIP were able to use it without issue. Players without VIP had the same problem as me.

Seeing as the VIP flag most likely removes the anti-cheat protection for flying to allow them to fly, I believe I have reached a conclusion; it's a perms issue, and the game thinks I'm cheating.

I'm unsure if this is possible to solve without compromising security against modified clients, but it's an issue nonetheless.

Does it kick you when you use the elevator?
Thanks for reading my post :3

- Became Trusted rank in April 2015

(01-05-2016, 04:24 AM)JoBot2014 Wrote: Does it kick you when you use the elevator?

No, it simply warps me back down.

For VIP players it works, but for non-VIP players it does not.

We're aware of this, but it's not something we can fix. As you suspect, it's because NoCheatPlus erroneously thinks you're flying and firmly plants your butt back on the ground. The NoCheatPlus folks have themselves been notified of the issue long ago and have slowly been working towards fixing it, but haven't done so yet.

In the meantime, elevators work fine if you are riding in a minecart while going up, as with Slimejump, if that still exists.