• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gold farming world is open, details inside
This thread is here to announce that we have just opened a world specifically for farming gold, at /warp gold. This is a 6000x6000 superflat world with the land sectioned off into neat 100x100 squares, where the only thing that will be allowed to be built are nether portal gold farms. This is because in the previous world, building gold farms in the overworld was a very popular activity, but had the side effect of ruining all overworld mob spawns due to the number of pigmen that would come through when in use. As a result, we have to decided to disable all pigman spawns in the overworld, and move them over to their own dedicated world where they won't affect other mob spawns. Nothing but pigmen will spawn here, so that means no other hostiles and no animals will show up. That includes chickens from eggs, so no auto chicken farms here. The rules for building in this world are as follows:

1. Go out past the bedrock bordering the spawn to build. Not that you have a choice, that land's worldguarded anyway.
2. Keep builds inside the predefined 100x100 squares. The largest still-functional gold farm is about 70 blocks wide, you should not have anything that goes past this.
3. Do not build next to an occupied square. The rules about not building too close to others still apply here, but even more so because having multiple loaded farms will just spawn useless mobs that don't go anywhere.
4. Builds that are not primarily gold farms will be removed without notice. This is gold country, boy. We don't take kindly to your non-gold kind around these parts.

How exciting, thank you for setting this up. Smile

Arrei goes full western "this is gold country bro" lol

I am waiting for the day when the Pond in arrei's signiatyre gets completely filled with frozen frogs and they have to call in the authorities to remove them xD
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

Heart LOVE~ Genius idea thank you for the update
Ign : BigAssMofo

Joined HT in 2015
MIA since 2017
Back in Action: 2024

Wow, Awesome!!
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

how am I ever supposed to see Mr. Pigman when he comes thru my nether portal!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

This is a really good idea and is one of the steps that the server needed before the reset to make it better. In a way this kind of brings back the tough of having community builds on the server that are extremely efficient and in my mind this is one step towards a smother running server. (in my opinion that is)

Arrei, Do nether top farms still work?

Would it be okay to put another type of afk farm on top of a gold farm? Say an afk sugarcane or cactus farm? So that while you afk at your gold farm you're also afk'ing for other things?

Yes, that's fine. Though as the opening post describes, remember that chickens won't spawn from eggs so chicken farms are not possible. Neither are iron farms, since both villagers and golems are nowhere to be found.