• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gold farming world is open, details inside
That's no problem, I just like pairing a couple of farms at once so I'm not only afk'ing for one thing

Cane Farm Time!!!
Melon and pumpkins won't grow cause eternal Dusk thanks to some Drunk Fairy.......

minecraft.gamepedia.com/Torch

So out of curiosity is there any way we could get snow golems enabled in the gold farming world?  They can be used to aggro the pigmen so that they aren't just standing in the portals causing additional lag, and are instead being removed from the farm in a timely manner. Assuming of course  that my single player testing with this is correct.

Scratch that, snowmen have trouble targeting through portal blocks.

Arrei, or frost, it is brought up that the limit of portal gold farms in the tutorial is 50 portals for public use. I am sure it is outdated and applies for the overworld when the gold farm world has not been created. Is it still in effect? I will need BOTH of your opinions. I did create warp jellygold, a free gold farm of 112 portals.

Yeah, no, Frost has nothing to do with that rule. 50 is still the limit for public use. The issue there is simply that public use farms will see much more use and thus load entities more often.

So what if i invite friends? and they afk all day i afk all night? same thing then? Or what if i say half the farm is public and half is private? My farm does have 2 layers of 56 portals each. And players only get 56 portal worth of gold, i get the other 56. BTW let me tell you 1 thing, my farm at full rate has about 200 pigmen in the farm, and kiro's farm which i've been to, is 50 portals and have the same pigmen number. So am i the one creating the lag with 112 portals when i have the same pigmen loaded as kiro's 50 portal?

Same rates, half the portals. Why are the other 62 needed?
[Image: 4Lj0YCm.gif]

keero, so here's the math behind it. More portal blocks, more pigmen spawn. If the pigmen number stablize, it means the pigmen are dying at the same rate as spawning. So more portals=more spawn=more deaths if the mob count is stable= more gold.

There is no "half public, half private". Public farms may not have more than 50 portals loaded. Private farms do not have a specific limit, but all gold farms are limited by the fact that all pigmen must be within the 32 block activation radius.