Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP): HomeTownMC

Minecraft name: TheWookiee__

Reason for your ban: x-raying

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe

Why should you be unbanned:  I agree that i was x-raying and i am sorry for that. I only x-rayed because i wanted to look for diamonds for me and my friends so we can work on other things that mattered more than basic survival minecraft. I have realised my mistakes and from here on out i will take as long as it needs to get survival items without x-raying e.g. diamonds etc.

Why do you want to come back: Me and my friends have already built a great town of memories, creativity, and ultimately, fun. We wouldn't of made the jokes we did or retrieved the items we got without the server that you have so kindly made for all of us. If you don't let me back in, I understand. I did something that I shouldn't have done in any server in the first place. But this is the only PVE server which has such a lively and friendly community that still stands strong, and I really want to be part of it, without the cheats.

Thanks for the wakeup call,

TheWookiee__

https://www.hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3

Quote:2. Use effort: Moderators want to unban you, but not unless you actually put some effort into trying to get unbanned. Write a detailed appeal explaining what you did wrong, why it was wrong, and what you should've done instead. Make us want to unban you. One or two sentences makes us want to deny your appeal.
[Image: 44d3388ebe.jpg]

Edit:

Server you were banned on (SMP): HomeTownMC

Minecraft name: TheWookiee__

Reason for your ban: x-raying

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe

Why should you be unbanned:  I agree that i was x-raying and i am sorry for that. I only x-rayed because i wanted to look for diamonds for me and my friends so we can work on other things that mattered more than basic survival minecraft. I have realised my mistakes and from here on out i will take as long as it needs to get survival items without x-raying e.g. diamonds etc. I got me and my friends(McTreevil, Jackal_, Orinthorax, IBeDuckLord) full diamond armor and swords/pickaxes and then i got more diamonds and sold them all.  I went from ~$20 to ~$1700. I will willingly give back all the stuff i x-rayed and play legit on your server from now on. Thanks  Heart Smile

Why do you want to come back: Me and my friends have already built a great town of memories, creativity, and ultimately, fun. We wouldn't of made the jokes we did or retrieved the items we got without the server that you have so kindly made for all of us. If you don't let me back in, I understand. I did something that I shouldn't have done in any server in the first place. But this is the only PVE server which has such a lively and friendly community that still stands strong, and I really want to be part of it, without the cheats.

Thanks for the wakeup call,

TheWookiee__

This is a good start for an appeal, and I do appreciate your honesty on the server. A majority of people try lying their way through an appeal or outright deny any wrongdoing on the server.

Basically, what staff asks of x-rayers is some introspection into why x-raying is inherently bad, and an understanding of why they should stop. The general questions we ask require a full paragraph in length answer–effectively, it's a series of short-essay questions. We ask that you show an understanding of:

- Why x-raying/cheating is bad by its nature?
- How does x-raying/cheating affect others?
- How does x-raying/cheating affect the server's economy?
- How will you take this moment and learn from it, and how will you apply it to playing legitimately?
- Finally, an apology after fully understanding the consequences.

If you can answer these sufficiently, you have a good chance at being unbanned.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

X-Raying is bad as it ruins the fun of playing on a smp server which is meant to be played vanilla minecraft and i ruined it by hacking to find ores which takes the fun away from finding them legitimately. This is not fun for others as it gives them less ores to find and they are legitimate players that want to have a vanilla experience and not have to deal with illegitimate players. It just isnt fair for the people that want to have a fun time exploring. I just ruined it for everyone and I am truly very sorry for that. It isnt very good for the server either as they spent time and money for everyone to have a fun time and i just took away that fun and i feel really bad about it. I just want to give back all I x-rayed and play legitimately from now. If i hack again(which i wont) you can permanently ban me and i will not come back onto the HomeTown server again.

I really am sorry and i hope i can be a part of the HomeTown server once again.
Thanks,
TheWookiee__

(08-04-2016, 08:23 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: The general questions we ask require a full paragraph in length answer–effectively, it's a series of short-essay questions. We ask that you show an understanding of:

- Why x-raying/cheating is bad by its nature?
- How does x-raying/cheating affect others?
- How does x-raying/cheating affect the server's economy?
- How will you take this moment and learn from it, and how will you apply it to playing legitimately?
- Finally, an apology after fully understanding the consequences.

If you can answer these sufficiently, you have a good chance at being unbanned.

(08-04-2016, 09:29 PM)rayftw123 Wrote: X-Raying is bad as it ruins the fun of playing on a smp server which is meant to be played vanilla minecraft and i ruined it by hacking to find ores which takes the fun away from finding them legitimately. This is not fun for others as it gives them less ores to find and they are legitimate players that want to have a vanilla experience and not have to deal with illegitimate players. It just isnt fair for the people that want to have a fun time exploring. I just ruined it for everyone and I am truly very sorry for that. It isnt very good for the server either as they spent time and money for everyone to have a fun time and i just took away that fun and i feel really bad about it. I just want to give back all I x-rayed and play legitimately from now. If i hack again(which i wont) you can permanently ban me and i will not come back onto the HomeTown server again.

Not a sentence per each question, a paragraph per each question.  5 questions, 5 paragraphs.

HomeTown Rulebook

X-raying is bad by its nature as it is unfair on the rest of the server. It ruins the concept of vanilla Minecraft. An SMP server is meant to be played as legitimately as possible and I just ruined it by x-raying to find diamonds and other ores. It just ruins the fun of finding them legitimately and I’m really sorry about that.

It affects others as it gives them less ores to find and they try and find it all legitimately and have a vanilla experience then they have to deal with the illegitimate players that can’t be bothered finding everything legitimately because they are lazy. It just isn’t fair for the people that want to have a fun time exploring. I just ruined it for everyone and I am truly very sorry for that.

It affects the server as they spent time and money for everyone to have a good vanilla experience without the hacks and I just ruined that for everyone by hacking and not playing vanilla and I am sorry that I ruined that for you and everyone else on the server. Also, I got money “illegaly” which is bad because others work hard for their money whereas I scummed my way to getting a lot of money on the server.

I have learnt that it is bad and scummy and it is dealt with in the right way on the server. I know that if anyone (including me) will be dealt with the correct way and will be banned for not playing the right way. If I do hack again (which I won’t) you can permanently ban me and I will not come back to HomeTown again. When playing legitimately I will never cheat/grief ever again as I am now aware of the consequences.

I truly am sorry for x-raying on your server and I hope I can be added back to the server again as I enjoy your services and I will play without the cheats from now on. I just really hope that I can be added back and join my friends once again on your server.

Thanks,

TheWookiee__

Okay, your appeal is good enough to warrant its acceptance; you will be unbanned. However, be warned, further indiscretions may result in a permanent ban on your account, so make sure you follow the rules completely–the staff-team does not take kindly to repeat offenders and troublemakers.

Welcome back to HomeTownMC SMP.

HomeTown Rulebook

Thank you so much.   Heart I appreciate it