• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Voting Sites are Weird
(Tempted to put this in the Problems section, but it's usually only a minority who have voting problems and there's not really anything to do about voting glitches anyway, so...yeah. Putting it here because Why do you do this to me, Sites?!)

I've been trying to vote every day each month on all three voting links.  Usually I'll get a glitch once in a while where the site lets me vote but then doesn't carry over to the server's Top Votes list.  However, this month has to be the strangest glitch yet for me. 
So there have been five days of voting so far.  The first day I voted on all three sites.  Everything was good.  The second day I voted on the first two sites, but the third insisted that I had already voted. Not only that, but when typing in the address or going to my favourites for it the site forwarded me to the Main Site with its list of servers and no voting for HT. It took me directly clicking the voting link from HT's site to get told I'd already voted. Okay, so maybe it had a different time reset and I'd gone over into the next day. Frustrating that I'd messed my voting for the month up, but it must be my fault, right? Well, move onto the third day.  First two links; Everything good.  Third link? Same. Thing. Once again, it seems convinced that I'd already voted and said Nope.  Meanwhile, Top Vote count kept going down for me since I could only vote twice a day thanks to Site Three. But okay. It's just a glitchy voting site. Maybe it will fix itself. Fourth day, nothing's changed. First two let me work, third took a direct click from the HT site to get to and still says I've voted already.  But I noticed something (and this is what really is weird to me). I've voted once on the third site this month. One vote on the Third Site has been counted on Top Votes. But the Third Site's personal vote count shows this:
http://prntscr.com/9mdanf
Apparently my ghost has been voting for me and I've four votes on the Third Site over four days. They still don't show up on Top Votes, sure, but this site sees them. Here would be the Top Votes list at the same time, bearing in mind I've voted every day on two sites and once on the third, but all think I've voted every day:
http://prntscr.com/9mdat3 (taken on Day 5, by the way)

So yeah. I have no idea, but the Third voting site is having fun fluffing me over and laughing while it does it.  Thought I'd share my meaningless frustration on here so you all have to know it too now ^-^ Good luck to all those trying for Top Voter!

I've had the same problem Chicken
[Image: mclogic.jpg]

i've a problem with the newest voting site, if we can't find a third site that we can't all use without problems, can we just lower the needed votes for ranks to the same timescale only with 2 vote sites instead of 3?

I removed the old third website and replaced it with a new one on minecraftforums. I deleted the one on minecraft-mp. Since you favorited/bookmarked the voting sites, you were visiting the old one that I deleted. Maybe that's why it hasn't been showing up on there for you.

(01-06-2016, 01:58 AM)frost Wrote: I removed the old third website and replaced it with a new one on minecraftforums. I deleted the one on minecraft-mp. Since you favorited/bookmarked the voting sites, you were visiting the old one that I deleted. Maybe that's why it hasn't been showing up on there for you.

no like, the new one is god awful

Oddly, the new sites have been working fine with me :3
Thanks for reading my post :3

- Became Trusted rank in April 2015

Pfft the 2nd site is really annoying as it is exactly 24 hours from when you last voted, instead of reseting at midnight like the others.. Kind of annoying
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

When you say "new one on minecraftforums," do you mean hometownmc.enjin.com site's list of voting sites?
http://prntscr.com/9mtvd9
When my favourites did not work, I started going through this. As said, it let me get to the site instead of forwarding to the list of servers as my favourites did, but still resulted in "Already Voted" problem. Where are these new sites and why in the world does the voting site itself say I've voted every day when I've only voted once?
http://prntscr.com/9mtw8g

(01-06-2016, 01:24 AM)Veo Wrote: i've a problem with the newest voting site, if we can't find a third site that we can't all use without problems, can we just lower the needed votes for ranks to the same timescale only with 2 vote sites instead of 3?

This is all i wanted to say and because i'm lazy im copying Veo. Thank you Veo!
-Chicky

At the end of the month would it be possible to move back to the old third link? The new second link (Minecraftforums) is really glitchy and annoying. Even if I wait 24 hours sometimes it doesn't work. The old one had hardly any problems.
The world has moved on, they say...