• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not understanding building rules. (i thought i understood them)
okay so for the building basic's is here:
[i have the land claims it's a random person telling me to move or else he get the admins to move me.]

3: Build Etiquette – Punishment: Lv. 0 – 3
  A.     Do not build death traps to kill other players.
  B.     Do not build within 100 blocks of other people without their consent.  They maintain the right to ask you to leave their area.
  C.     If you use 1x1 towers, be sure to tear it down when you’re done; the same goes for temporary shelters.
  D.    If you build something of a sensitive nature, make sure it is hidden where others will not see it.  For example: Nazi swastikas; redstone-powered, jerking-off statues; racially stereotypical builds, etc.  (Yes, these have happened.)
  E.     Do not build near spawn.  This includes: homes, shops, or anything else.

Now I got a message telling me to move.
[We just finished the tops floor a few days ago took us literally a few hours to find a place and after living there for a few days with my friend (no issues) and adding another friend near by just the other day(just filling you in)] Currently I am NOT breaking any rules according to 3: Build Etiquette  << or any other I could find.

Why did this person asked me to move? Apparently there some kind of hollowing?? under our house??[I dug under and i only found a few hollowing but no mineshaft so far even if we did you get to bed rock and seal it off from the rest of the world making out home in the ground like it already is starting to be.)(We even made it to bedrock yesterday or the day before that roughly.) We were planning to hollow out under-half of our house or " land claims" To make room for a basements (or bottom floors).  So I don't see why they cannot just work around it considering the land claim is small as well as they did not own land 100 blocks away from us before hand. By the rules post above we shouldn't have to move if i am understanding them right 

The reason I am bringing this up is because the person said if we don't move they get the admins to move me. (but if they move they be doing an unnecessary thing as well as unfair because from what I understand I am not breaking any rules and i am trying my best to follow them. (Hence why i am making this to make sure i understand things)

So would we have to move even if this person is not there before us nor has any land claims with in the 100 blocks before us nor any  in the area at the moment that i can tell?  
I would also like to note that I will not be replying to messages on here I would like an admin response (Email).

(I refuse to release this person name, just in case someone wants to give them a hard time or to avoid bias.)
Also I may not be able to reply until Monday [8/8th/2016] because I going on a short leave in real life where there is no Wifi.

Okay, I'm missing some information. Who owns the claim? You or the other player? If you're building on land under another player's claim (either protected or built upon prior), they may ask you to leave under the trespassing clause of miscellaneous rules section; it's also under the the server's /rules.

Was there some building agreement where this player allowed you to build on their land? Or do you both co-own the land?
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

(08-04-2016, 07:30 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: Okay, I'm missing some information.  Who owns the claim?  You or the other player?  If you're building on land under another player's claim (either protected or built upon prior), they may ask you to leave under the trespassing clause of miscellaneous rules section; it's also under the the server's /rules.

Was there some building agreement where this player allowed you to build on their land?  Or do you both co-own the land?

I have claimed the land. So I should just ask them to leave under the trespassing clause of miscellaneous rules section; it's also under the the server's /rules.

There was a random person who randomly messaged me today when i was offline. Telling me to move or else he get the admins to move me even though i am not breaking any rules.

Okay. Will you private message me your IGN, the IGN of the other player, and the co-ords of your home? I will investigate the claim of the other player. If you have a prior claim to the land, then you have nothing to worry about, I will talk to the player who's demanding you to leave, and inform them that they have now validity to their demands. That being said, if you are unknowingly trespassing on their property (a prior claim) under the 100-block rule, then you will have to move.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook