• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to all the staff?
I remember a while ago loads of people were promoted to [Guardian] because we were short on staff. I'm not sure what happened, but where did they all go?

There are barely any Guardian/Enforcers, and Mods are virtually nonexistant. But we have an abundance of admins! Despite this, often i come on and there might be maybe one admin on and that's it.

Just something i was wondering about, i swear there were about 8 Guardians at one point...
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

ye, I have the same question, you beat me too it, Pengu C:
Let the STEAK rule!!!

(08-04-2016, 08:51 PM)Penguin Wrote: I remember a while ago loads of people were promoted to [Guardian] because we were short on staff. I'm not sure what happened, but where did they all go?

There are barely any Guardian/Enforcers, and Mods are virtually nonexistant. But we have an abundance of admins! Despite this, often i come on and there might be maybe one admin on and that's it.

Just something i was wondering about, i swear there were about 8 Guardians at one point...

You answered your own question.  We were short on staff, now we're not.  Think about it this way: don't look at the ranks separately, but look at each person as part of a team.  In the staff-chat w/ [Enforcer]s, there are 14 staff-members.  A good amount of people on the server have a staff-member's Skype, Kik, Discord, etc., so we can be called upon and respond in good time even when no staff-member is online.  [Enforcer]+ ranks are only given when we the staff-team needs help filling a timezone or a staff-member retires.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

(08-04-2016, 10:13 PM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: You answered your own question.  We were short on staff, now we're not.  Think about it this way: don't look at the ranks separately, but look at each person as part of a team.  In the staff-chat w/ [Enforcer]s, there are 14 staff-members.  A good amount of people on the server have a staff-member's Skype, Kik, Discord, etc., so we can be called upon and respond in good time even when no staff-member is online.  [Enforcer]+ ranks are only given when we the staff-team needs help filling a timezone or a staff-member retires.

Ohhhh I get it, thanks :)

They were eaten by you, Pengu. You're just posting this thread to act clueless, so that no one will suspect your staff-eating nature. I'm sorry to say this Pengoop, but you can't hide your lifestyle that easily.
"No one is born hating another person because of the colour of their skin, or their background or their religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
~Nelson Mandela

(08-05-2016, 12:24 AM)ZoBot_ Wrote: They were eaten by you, Pengu. You're just posting this thread to act clueless, so that no one will suspect your staff-eating nature. I'm sorry to say this Pengoop, but you can't hide your lifestyle that easily.

Foiled again! Good job i began my transition to fox in anticipation of this day! Noone will recognise me disguised as Foxy825!!

We may not be short on staff, but we are short on active staff. A lot of us are just too busy to be on all the time. I used to get on daily, even if just on minechat. Now I'm working full time and don't have the time to get on anymore, and that applies to a lot of other staff too, either in regards to jobs or school. Hopefully we figure something out eventually.
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]

How about a staff timetable? It would only apply to mods and above and people are given shifts. Guardians can fill in gaps, but are not constrained to come on at specific times. Just an idea.

That would be not only stressful and make playing on the server feel even more like work. It would also be hard to do considering a lot of staff members have jobs/school/life stuff that takes up most of their days.

Guy why do you have to be so mercilessly correct? Being staff shouldn't be a job I agree. I just can't think of any other way to make sure there's always a staff member online. It's so common to see people asking if an admin us online, of to fix grief. Also, being in the UK there are less people online in the evening when I am online, whereas at 1 or 2 am there are loads of staff and players since it is evening in America. Covering time zones seems to be the main issue here, however most of the staff are so involved with things that they can't be online every waking hour. I am honestly stuck for an answer and I don't like it.