• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to all the staff?
I don't think it'll happen but here's a suggestion: How about we add Elites to the staff chat with guardians. That'd be good for two reasons I can think of. The first being when the people really need staffs on, the elites can notify the staff that someone needs to get on to fix an issue. Secondly, it will help the elites know how to respond to situations when they get promoted to enforcer.
-DrBot

We already have something of that level, it's the old Trusted chat. The players announce an issue, then when we see it we hop on and fix it if possible. I wouldn't like the schedule idea (Pingu) because of exactly what Guy said. Mercilessly correct maybe, but he really hit the nail on the head. I already spend less time on the server for that among other reasons. The staff system functions, and it's been this way for a long time, it's only more evident now.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

(08-06-2016, 03:03 AM)Penguin Wrote: Guy why do you have to be so mercilessly correct? Being staff shouldn't be a job I agree. I just can't think of any other way to make sure there's always a staff member online. It's so common to see people asking if an admin us online, of to fix grief. Also, being in the UK there are less people online in the evening when I am online, whereas at 1 or 2 am there are loads of staff and players since it is evening in America.

yepyepyepyepyepyepyepyep
FUCK YOU, IM FROM OAKLAND

Lol didn't mean to be mercilessly correct, I just know that the more like work something feels, the less likely we are to do it. Our staff are great at what they do, in part because they enjoy helping people, as stressful as people on the server can get.

We should institute a "Not-a-Staff Sunday" or something. We're able to just come online and enjoy playing the game and interacting with others. Warps and stuff can wait a day, and usually so can minor grief, or checking when blocks were placed. (Actually, non-staff members can do that last one). And if you're from Peanut Meincraf, don't even ask for OP on Sundays. I know this might sound like laziness to some people, but I've started to avoid playing on HomeTown because it's not fun anymore. Idk, I just think this might slow down burn out. Major/mass grief would still be dealt with, since it would make the game unplayable for a day for the player. Tons of flaws everywhere in this plan, I know, but a girl can dream! ;~;

(08-07-2016, 11:50 PM)Star Wrote: We should institute a "Not-a-Staff Sunday" or something.

Sounds like a weekly Purge-like scenario. xD
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

(08-07-2016, 11:52 PM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote:
(08-07-2016, 11:50 PM)Star Wrote: We should institute a "Not-a-Staff Sunday" or something.

Sounds like a weekly Purge-like scenario. xD

#DealWithItBro.

No more hiding in /vanish.... no more alts. The glorious dream!

Secretly we're all hiding away sleeping and making memes.
- KatNip

tbh I wish a hometown purge was a thing. I wanna let out my inner psychopath :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

(08-09-2016, 02:52 AM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: Secretly we're all hiding away sleeping and making memes.

More sleeping than memes for you though
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]