• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
HomeTownMC Book Prices
HomeTownMC Enchantment Book Prices Guideline

After a lot of discussion, back and forth, a group of players have decided to set some hard prices on the enchantment book side of the new economy. This being said, they may lower in the future as the supply and demand calms down.
We would appreciate greatly if you do not undercut the prices beyond the set prices, as it will hurt the economy and create unnecessary debate.

Fortune III - $180
     Mending I - $180
     Lure III - $200
     Luck of the Sea III - $200
     Efficiency V - $250-300
     Unbreaking III - $300
     Silk Touch - $175
     Power V - $250
     Infinity - $150

* This is set up to be a minimum price, as undercutting these will kill the economy faster than you can say "Hometown reset again".

Remember, have fun, enjoy your time, and keep HomeTownMC's fun aspects just that; Fun!

Contributors:
Gingasaur
J011Y1ND1AN
brutegammer

Post created by:
~ Xelithorian
Otherwise known as Xelbot. Creator, engineer, thinker. Nice to meet you!

Good idea to get a price guide going. More of these would be a great idea
[Image: create.png]

Thanks thanks for centralizing this. It's visually appealing too  Smile

What about
Protection
Feather falling
Blast protection
Projectile protection
Feather falling
Fire protection
Respiration
Aqua affinity
Thorns
Depth strider
Frost Walker
Punch
Flame
Looting
Fire aspect
Knockback
Bane of arthropods
Smite
Sharpness
-DrBot

Most of those enchantments are not in high supply and demand at this time, and so we decided that we would let people price them on their own.

A little off, Mending, Fortune,, Silk, Inf books should all be the same price as Eff V or higher. Mending for sure has a low price. Mending is OP and by far more powerful than Eff V is, it's true that Eff V is harder to get (most costly in trading) but still, players are silly for not making big profits on selling it for higher prices rather than making a quick buck Smile
IGN: Genocore

(08-05-2016, 06:39 AM)Thorsassin Wrote: A little off, Mending, Fortune,, Silk, Inf books should all be the same price as Eff V or higher. Mending for sure has a low price. Mending is OP and by far more powerful than Eff V is, it's true that Eff V is harder to get (most costly in trading) but still, players are silly for not making big profits on selling it for higher prices rather than making a quick buck Smile

While I agree somewhat that mending, for example, is a more powerful enchantment than say EffV, we created these prices based on, not only their rarity and demand, but also their emerald cost. I can get silk, infinity, and mending for 5, 5, and 10 emeralds respectively, but I cant get EffV for below 20. This is why certain books are priced higher, even though they might be "as powerful" as others. As you also mentioned, effV is also very rare to get in a villager trade, so this couples with the emerald cost as to why it is priced higher.

with all due respect. I will price my wares, whether it be books or dirt, to whatever the market will pay. If i have stock of any kind that does not sell for an extended time its price WILL be reduced to meet demand.
At any rate who do you think you are telling us what to put our prices at? IRL we call that price fixing. Here in the us it's against the law. As for me? I'll have no part of it.
Co owner/Operator

/warp Packmart
/warp Packhorse
/warp Potions
/warp Pavilion

Thank you for giving us that information

(08-12-2016, 02:28 AM)Packlid Wrote: with all due respect. I will price my wares, whether it be books or dirt, to whatever the market will pay. If i have stock of any kind that does not sell for an extended time its price WILL be reduced to meet demand.
At any rate who do you think you are telling us what to put our prices at? IRL we call that price fixing. Here in the us it's against the law. As for me? I'll have no part of it.
Dear Rude Person,
     It wasn't just my decision, it was 6+ people all debating, and agreeing on it.
I respect that you want to sell things, but if we all went for selling items for super low prices just for a tiny amount of cash, economy would die <3 Besides, I made this post only because I enjoy this server and want the best for it. The least you could do, instead of being rude and passive aggressive, is to help everyone out by following prices set by the community majority.

That'll be all!
~ Xelithorian