• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
HomeTownMC Book Prices
I fail to see how your list of 3 contributors and yourself is a "community majority" on a server of 40 plus people at any given time. If it was your intention to work with the other shops or persons selling items then there should have been a full on discussion to include ALL those individuals and their thoughts and opinions... either in game or on these forums. Calling someone rude and passive aggressive for stating their own opinion on a topic is a bit rude in itself and uncalled for.

Also, stating that "those enchantments are not in high supply and demand at this time, and so we decided that we would let people price them on their own." implies that you and your contributors are the go to beings for item pricing now and possibly in the future if said items would become in high demand. I personally, do not recognize this as a fact.

I agree with Packlid in that I will price my items as I see fit until otherwise notified by Admins/Mods/Owner of this server. A competitive market makes the economy thrive. Prices will rise and fall as the players demands change.

very well written Jazz5253

I also agree with Jazz and Packlid on this matter. "A competitive market is what makes the economy thrive''
not price fixing.

I don't sell ench. books myself. But as a shop owner, I wouldn't want others to dictate item prices for me. Price fixing between a few people to setup more-or-less a monopoly on enchanting books seems best for the shop owners, not the consumer. That said, I'd like to see more talks between a majority of shop owners about certain item prices that results in a loose price range or easing/increasing supply on certain items to stabilize their prices instead of setting a strict item price.
[Image: tWuSvOo.gif]
Miniwoop-woop! 
Check out Warp Bshop! 

I will not be held to an un-capitalistic commie cartel :-)
Come visit my base and shop at:

/WARP MESA