• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going on hiatus
Let me pull back the curtain a bit to the man behind the name. I am a 41 year old autistic guy with back and neck injuries from an accident several years ago. Doing things that are repetitive has a calming effect on me, especially after a day of dealing with normal people. Minecraft, and especially road building, is very repetitive.

If it weren't for the various servers I've been on, I'd probably be a pain-pill dope fiend. By putting my mind elsewhere for a time, I don't notice it. It's akin to meditation.

Last night, several things kinda snowballed into a mess, half of my own making.

1. Unnamed Mod, I'm genuinely hurt and insulted that you would take the word of some damned noobling over mine. If you clicked the footings of the bridge, you'd have seen that I was there 10 hours before said noob put his wooden shack up. I have a picture I can't seem to attach. Hrm.
  2. Un-named player, I have only one word for you: Lazy. You “claimed” a chunk of plains by putting down cobblestone with no improvements to the area, no signs, and no buildings and you had two weeks to do something. As far as I knew, it was just a cobblestone marked path to the nearby large complex. When I claimed my village, I was told I had to claim it by building a fence. I made a large fence with many signs. Those were my instructions from a different unnamed mod than above.
  3. The only claims that I knowingly got too close too were players who have been gone longer than 7 days. They only had a crappy wooden or dirt house, and simply stopped. This, I will admit, was wrong.
  4. The final straw was arguing with a Mod regarding #2's claim. I was under instructions from an Admin who when I asked “How far do you want me to go?” they said to the world border. Now aforementioned Mod says in essence “Stop building roads”. I cursed and quit. With apologies, I did not mean to curse at said Mod.
I'm still angry. I don't know if I can continue with this server. I do this for relaxation purposes. To quote the old guys down the road “Dude, yer harshing my buzz”.

There's a road spur that I had started on the eastern road that might be able to get around the ocean and make it to the eastern world border. There was no claims out that way until the extreme hills area. If anyone wants to do that, go ahead.

For the claim I crossed by accident, pay someone to move it. I may or may not return.

For the violations, I hearby call for punishment. I need to be banned for not less than four weeks. If I'm still angry, I won't return.

Capt. AH Halberdson
First engineering Battalion

maybe once I finish my island ill start working on your roads myself, I truly do love them
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

I'm so sorry that things fell as they did. I hope to see you on the server again someday, and if not, I hope you find some other server that can help you cope with what's happening.
[Image: Jh4Rh61.png]  

Sorry that happened to you Halberdson. Always was a fan of your roads and you seem like a good guy, hopefully things sort themselves out, tc.
IGN: Genocore

Halberdson, if you read that, I would like to continue the northwestern traverse road (using my own resources) you started at least up to where you prepare the ground. Are you OK with it ?

(08-21-2016, 02:22 AM)miumiaou Wrote: Halberdson, if you read that, I would like to continue the northwestern traverse road (using my own resources) you started at least up to where you prepare the ground. Are you OK with it ?

Go ahead, just remember to follow the pattern. This permissions applies to anyone who wants to do it. There's several bridges that need putting in, be creative. Gawd knows that I wasn't anymore.

I'm still on self-ban for another couple of weeks. Still less than angry, but more than annoyed. Is it burnout I was feeling too?

Capt. Halberdson
1st Engineering Bttn

Yeah the massive area claiming is getting ridiculous. Tbh, we should be only able to claim 300x300 areas at the most until our builds start to signify a larger area. I've seen people claim entire mountain ranges and it pisses me off inside a little. Who are they to claim a whole mountain range? That's like saying "Hey, I want to buy the rocky mountains" in the real world. I could /rand inside there, build a bit without any builds in sight, and then get banned for "building inside property"
Otherwise known as Xelbot. Creator, engineer, thinker. Nice to meet you!

(08-26-2016, 07:07 AM)Xelbot Wrote: Yeah the massive area claiming is getting ridiculous. Tbh, we should be only able to claim 300x300 areas at the most until our builds start to signify a larger area. I've seen people claim entire mountain ranges and it pisses me off inside a little. Who are they to claim a whole mountain range? That's like saying "Hey, I want to buy the rocky mountains" in the real world. I could /rand inside there, build a bit without any builds in sight, and then get banned for "building inside property"

I agree it is ridiculous, I'm so glad I got an island, its legit my own thing, but I feel bad for everyone else, they don't have defined borders, and they must compete with people eating up all the land

We're discussing some more concise and clearly laid out land claiming rules. We want to be able to allow very large and impressive builds, but we are aware some have taken this liberty and used it to claimed excessive amounts of land that have sat untouched for a month.

(08-26-2016, 11:16 PM)Arrei Wrote: We're discussing some more concise and clearly laid out land claiming rules. We want to be able to allow very large and impressive builds, but we are aware some have taken this liberty and used it to claimed excessive amounts of land that have sat untouched for a month.

Awesome! hyped to hear about it arrie!