• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll for Shoes! (Microdungeon roleplay)
This is a version of DnD which uses almost nothing. Don't believe me? here is the full set of rules:
(I have changed rules 5 and 7 slightly to make levelling up more natural)
  • Say what you do and roll a number of d6s.

• If the sum of your roll is higher than the opposing roll (either another player or the DM), the thing you wanted to happen, happens.

• The number of the d6s you roll is determined by the level of skill you have.

• At start, you have only one skill: Do anything 1.

• If you roll two or more sixes on your roll (one six if you are using Do Anything 1), you can get new skill one level higher than the one you used for the action. The skill must be a subset of what happened to you in the action (Say, Athletics 2 if you were climbing a wall, or Teeth of Biting 2 if you were eating a cake).

• For every roll you fail, you get 1 XP.

• XP can be used to create new skills without rolling sixes. Cost = 2 XP multiplied by the level of the skill. You must name which skill it is based on and it can only be one level above that skill. (For example, spending 6XP to create Sword Swinging 3 is illegal if you don't have a level 2 sword skill)
There is no DM in this, so if someone makes a roll to see if they can do something, anyone else can act as Dm for that turn and make a counter-roll. If you are doing this, please use [DM] at the start of your post. Also, if you wish to say anything outside of the game (e.g. say something as yourself, and not your character) simply [put your message in square brackets]. Have fun guys!

Before playing, please refer to this page to see how the game is played. If you don't have any dice, use this online dice roller (its completely free and simple to use!)

When posting to this thread, look at the previous post first. Play alternates between DM and Player. Anyone can be the DM

Player's turn

1: If not already in the scene, describe your entrance
2: Describe what you do and state an action you wish to make.
3: Say which skill you are using to perform this action.
4: Roll the appropriate number of dice for that skill

DM's turn

1: Decide how difficult the action is and state how many dice you will roll (less dice for easier tasks, sensible number please)
2: Roll dice and say the number
3: Describe what happens next (does the player fail horribly, or succeed?) depending on whether the player rolled a higher or lower value.
4: If the player failed the roll, award them 1 

Character Sheet
This is where i will store player names, abilities, and XP

Penguin: (Adventurer and general nuisance)
XP: 0
Do anything 1
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

Ok, we're in the middle of the wilderness on HomeTown. I climb a hill, and when i reach the top i see a plains biome. I try to see if there is a village somewhere in the distance.

[Using skill: Do anything 1]
[Rolls a d6]
[gets 5]

Wonder why this didn't catch on? Maybe give it time...

Landline begins to run towards the plains biome, looking for caves.

I roll a 3. (Drat) Your roll?

Need to figure out a way to validate the roll, so we're not just making up numbers. That's the nice thing about D&D, you watch the roll as it happens, so there's no trickery. I'll work on this.

simple. make our own dice roller online that logs rolls
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]

This game would be better on discord ngl

Since I rolled a 3, and nobody else rolled, that means zero, so I win --

Landline finds a cave that goes all the way down to level 11. He lights it up with torches and begins to mine for dias.

Rolled a 4.