Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
b]Server you were banned on (SMP): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: deathlyfire666

Reason for your ban: XRay

Who banned you: vilneas

Why should you be unbanned: i am very sorry, my brother was on the server with my account allowing his friend to play on my account. I was not introduced to the rules but i figured that since along with the no griefing rules that were in place, that someone had already taken the stronghold. When i was mining down into my mine, i found a couple silverfish blocks and just wanted to make sure i wasnt breaking into a stronghold inhabited by someone else. During the process of scoping, i do admit to memorizing the placement of about 30 or so illegitimate diamonds. That is my mistake and i am completely okay with them all being revoked, even the 5 or 6 i got legitimately

Why do you want to come back:  i hope to be unbanned just so i can play regularly with my friend MayBe70 and build like the rest of us wish to do on the game. 

Again, i gravely apologize for my mistake

this is my thread a relates to Kyle23232323's post

while i appreicate the fact that you are coming clean about your remembering where the placements were of non legit diamonds, what we expect from xray ban appeals is almost nothing short of an essay from the banned player. you need to improve this appeal, what we are looking for is answers to these 5 questions, no less than a paragraph for each. if you can do that i will consider your appeal.

- Why x-raying/cheating is bad by its nature?
- How does x-raying/cheating affect others?
- How does x-raying/cheating affect the server's economy?
- How will you take this moment and learn from it, and how will you apply it to playing legitimately?
- Finally, an apology after fully understanding the consequences.

as for your brother i will lift the ip ban here shortly so he can continue to play, if we catch you on his account it will be banned again.
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

If it takes a short essay on the topic in order to regain my privilege, so be it:

X-Raying/cheating is bad by its nature for more than a single reason. not only does it take away another player's ability to accomplish more as a player on a server, but it gives the user an unfair boost above all others. X-Raying can rarely ever be validly defended due to its complete hostility to a server as a whole. If a server is one constant map for a prolonged period of time it can do things such as reveal houses and secret bases on faction/pvp/grief servers and provide an unfair advantage over other players on servers with more strict rules; such as this server's anti grief. I myself am more of a faction/pvp server kind of guy but i respect all rules and hate being on the other end of such situations, hence why i am spending my time writing an essay right now. Not to necessarily make it back on the server as i have my own server i could play on, but mainly to apologize to those of whom i created a disadvantage for. On top of the fact that X-Ray is malicious in itself, it also creates a bad environment around the server. For example if one player witnesses another use X-Ray, he or she will join along in harming the economy of the server. This domino effect altogether take maybe a week to ruin a server completely. As to why i have an X-ray pack in the first place, it is not at all to damage anyone else's experience, but for a couple of more valid reasons. As previously mentioned, i have recently opened up my own server for private play between a couple of my close friends and i. It is of an earlier version and has a couple random mods to try out on it. Anyway, with the creation of a modded world, as fellow admins/owners probably know, comes those random obnoxious world holes that generate 30-40 blocks underground of which lead to an unfair death in the void of minecraft. I have the Xray pack in order to find those holes and fill/regenerate chunks in their areas. No one wants to get really far into a game with a bunch of cool modded items and then lose them all to an annoying trip to the void. am i right?
However, that it of no one else's concern, i just added it in order to show that i dont have the pack for any harmful reason. I would write and explain about how i learned from the situation but on that topic there is not much but the fact that i will not reactivate the pack again whilst on any server but my own, regardless of the motivation behind it. I think if you dont play legitimately its just overall a dirtbag-like thing to do. I know thats not exactly proper wording but i believe it is an effective term for a player who cannot play a game fairly. I completely understand the consequence and accept anything , i just really like the place i found for mine and MayBe70's house to be. Anything else, i accept for to be revoked, even if it wasnt illegitimately obtained.
No one really likes modders or cheaters in any game. I used to be a big CoD player and i, just as nearly everyone else, have said some pretty vulgar things about such cheaters. Its a completely understandable thing to do. Its things like that that can ruin an entire game for someone, or even a large group of people (Example: MW2. astonishing game. ruined by hackers). The last thing i would ever desire is to be in the same category as those annoying hackers/modders/cheaters. Never would i ever stoop to their level purposely and i feel disgusting for doing such a thing, even if on such a small scale. I apologize to all of whom were effected and hope y'all can continue to play happily on this server as you have so far, whether i am able to join you or not. y por los chicos y chicas de quein hablan espanol solo, lo siento mucho por mis acciones.
(i actually wrote this on a word document with correct indent format and such but due to the minimal quick reply functions it didn't come out as anything but one giant paragraph. I hope that doesn't effect its validity).

thank you for taking the time and doing this, you have earned an unban from me. with this there will be a few things to happen, first and formost your diamonds will be taken and if you made tools and such they will be taken as well. second is fairly simple, we do not tolerate repeat offenders and if caught breaking the rules again it will be the last time. if you can agree to this i will promptly unban you, you will need to give the diamonds to me or any staff online and tell them to burn them.

(08-27-2016, 06:21 AM)vilneas Wrote: thank you for taking the time and doing this, you have earned an unban from me. with this there will be a few things to happen, first and formost your diamonds will be taken and if you made tools and such they will be taken as well. second is fairly simple, we do not tolerate repeat offenders and if caught breaking the rules again it will be the last time. if you can agree to this i will promptly unban you, you will need to give the diamonds to me or any staff online and tell them to burn them.

that is completely okay with me as i have said. But the ban was not lifted?

I was waiting for your reply before I lifted the ban. You have been unbanned, welcome back to HomeTown.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk