• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that are broken.
All thanks to some very very uncanny decision making by some staff on the server part,
The below farms far broken due to hoppers transferring 3 items at once.... AGAIN.

Warp Jellyiron
Warp Jellyblaze/Jellyskelly/Jellyskelly2

Trying to build crushers? not gonna happen. Sorters for Any purpose? no hope. Blaze grinder? no way. 

Guess what else is broken aside from ALL timers? ALL sorters which was working just fine.
So drop all your hopes of making auto furnace, auto brewer, auto farms using timers, auto mob grinders, or Any sorters At all. 

The fact that hopper minecart is still attainable when applied is a joke to reducing lag, and who has been complaining about lag in general? Mobs are a good indicator to server lag and it has not been that bad from my experience. To me, this drastic and game-breaking measure should not stay. Please in all good heart revert the changes to hoppers. I am speaking for anyone who would want to see any sort of useful automation using hoppers (which are quite important).

Actually I have way of making a timer, but you're not gonna like it, since it involves pulsing redstone every 2 redstone ticks. Don't force me into this end please.

Brief update, Sorters sorta works but a little shady at times.

when did the change happen?
Ign : BigAssMofo

Joined HT in 2015
MIA since 2017
Back in Action: 2024

Last night due to severe hopper lag Bam

Okay, look here. First of all, lag has not been that bad? Ticks per second fell to five yesterday afternoon. FIVE. Pretty sure lag that severe was also what was causing LWC to flip its lid at the same time. And hoppers were one of the highest sources of lag on the the timings. Second, sorters and most other hopper mechanisms work fine - I built my guardian farm's sorter under the triple item setting and the only issue was getting too many drops too quickly, as is standard for a guardian farm at full capacity - the only ones that can no longer be precise are hopper clocks that needed to be exact to the second, and usually such precision can be achieved with repeaters anyway. Much more clumsy, yes, but most machinery can still work fine using some alternate design. Third, hopper carts are available chiefly because without them, some item collection systems actually become less efficient due to needing additional redstone to operate, as well as the fact that some people find themselves inclined to use stupidly huge hopper sheets instead despite the rules forbidding them, so we went with the lesser of two evils. Fourth, your attempts at a threat are very much not appreciated - should you create rapidly pulsing machinery that needs to be frequently active, that would find you in violation of server rules, which we can enforce by simply dismantling the machine in question, and further action if necessary.

We've tried our best to accommodate varied general gameplay and the needs of redstoners as much as possible. We have only arrived at the decision to reinstate the anti-lag settings after trying, in vain, for several WEEKS to remove the lag via other means.

I didn't read this fully but does that mean my autosmelter is broken?
hi i dont play minecraft very often much anymore but would love to start playing again.

The Hopper at my sugarcane farm works fine

Arrei unless you offer me a better solution to replace timers for grinders and other machinery, I will have to resort to using the only precise timer circuit I know. Hoppers transfer item every 4 redstone ticks, and a comparator pulser pulses every 2 redstone ticks. I could build dropper timers at the cost of rapidly pulsing redstone.

(09-03-2016, 02:50 AM)Hunto10 Wrote: I didn't read this fully but does that mean my autosmelter is broken?

Your autosmelter should work fine at mostly the same speed as before, but ones that rely on a chest minecart probably won't work properly since the hoppers are likely to miss the chest if they don't receive their tick while the chest is above them.

(09-03-2016, 04:10 AM)_JELLy__ Wrote: Arrei unless you offer me a better solution to replace timers for grinders and other machinery, I will have to resort to using the only precise timer circuit I know. Hoppers transfer item every 4 redstone ticks, and a comparator pulser pulses every 2 redstone ticks. I could build dropper timers at the cost of rapidly pulsing redstone.

The old standard for blaze farms used a T flip-flop and a long string of repeaters to time out 19 damage ticks to the dot, did they not? I'm sure you could MacGuyver something out of that, and switch to the tried-and-true push-button-to-grind method if necessary.

It will take a string of 24 repeators to complete 9.5 seconds. Which increases resource and space taken to do any of my farms efficiently. The only other hope are decay circuits with a counter of some sort, in which i have no idea its contribution to lags, since decays happen every 1 redstone tick.