• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that are broken.
That's your responsibility, not ours. We're not going to lag down the server so you can save a few stacks of stone and redstone.
Furthermore, correct me if I'm wrong, but since the change does nothing but make hoppers operate in multiples of three, could you not use the hoppers to time out ticks to the nearest multiple of three, then extend the pulse slightly using other circuitry to make up the small difference?

Only works if the desired time is close to a multiple of 1.2 seconds.

Also Arrei mind explaining why hoppers still do not put items into chest carts below them?

Are they supposed to? I never use chest carts, all I know is they're a buggy broken mess Mojang has neglected for years.

they Are suppose to put items into chest cart under them, or those that touches them by the hit box. In my single player it works just fine, server ones do not.

T..T so ya... /warp BIGs and my Auto Sorter is out of commission now due to this... sadness
Ign : BigAssMofo

Joined HT in 2015
MIA since 2017
Back in Action: 2024

(09-04-2016, 10:44 AM)Bigassmofo0204 Wrote: T..T so ya... /warp BIGs and my Auto Sorter is out of commission now due to this... sadness

I cri ;-;
Have a great day!  Angel

Will this be a temporary thing or ...(Sadness)...?
Jellie or Arrei anyone good with Redstone would you be kind enough to see or explain how I can fix my sorter so it works with this change? With this I feel like all the youtube tutorial for Red-stoning is basically out the window I am helpless here. So should i just quit trying to redstone?

Joined HT in 2015
MIA since 2017

Sorters need no fixing, just put more than 6 items in the first hopper slot in case of glitches, that was my problem. Timers can still function though less precise. For more precise timers use decay circuits in conjunction with a counting device.

that was what I was trying to mess with last night .... no luck.... Ill try again tonight. thanks for the help jellie!

Joined HT in 2015
MIA since 2017

Well, some info came to light that it could be LWC causing this lag by handling hoppers incredibly inefficiently. The problem there is, LWC has not been officially updated since 1.8's release, and although Frost installed an unofficial version of LWC, our lag issues seem to persist - just less so than before. Info suggests that it's not open hoppers that are causing our lag after all, but the InventoryMoveItemEvent that sends items through hoppers to other containers.

This suggests we may want to instead start cutting down on hopper chains where possible, replacing them with water pushing the items across ice, but could also mean hopper clocks themselves are the laggiest hopper mechanisms currently possible.