• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that are broken.
Is there another plugin with similar functionality to LWC out there that's more up to date? It seems that one has been causing a lot of issues lately aside from Hoppers.
[Image: tWuSvOo.gif]
Miniwoop-woop! 
Check out Warp Bshop! 

(09-06-2016, 02:41 AM)Arrei Wrote: Well, some info came to light that it could be LWC causing this lag by handling hoppers incredibly inefficiently. The problem there is, LWC has not been officially updated since 1.8's release, and although Frost installed an unofficial version of LWC, our lag issues seem to persist - just less so than before. Info suggests that it's not open hoppers that are causing our lag after all, but the InventoryMoveItemEvent that sends items through hoppers to other containers.

This suggests we may want to instead start cutting down on hopper chains where possible, replacing them with water pushing the items across ice, but could also mean hopper clocks themselves are the laggiest hopper mechanisms currently possible.

So I have slowed down the pulse of my auto sorter and I tested in 8 different pulse speeds still can not get it to sort the items. I used f3 to check the hoppers while the redstones were pulsing, I am not sure if this means anything but the hopper "Enabled" is not changing from "true" to "false" its just staying either one of the other. With that I think Arrei you are on the nailed About the Lwc being the cause of all this. 

(09-05-2016, 01:54 PM)_JELLy__ Wrote: Sorters need no fixing, just put more than 6 items in the first hopper slot in case of glitches, that was my problem. Timers can still function though less precise. For more precise timers use decay circuits in conjunction with a counting device.

So Jellie, Am not sure if your suggestion about this actually work. or I am too dumb to actually understand this XD.... Ill go with option 2 I have Hope there is a FIX! please come take a look when u get the chance please? Heart
Ign : BigAssMofo

Joined HT in 2015
MIA since 2017
Back in Action: 2024

Gilgamesh, there is a.... similar plugin called lockette, however it uses signs instead of being automatic and unobtrusive. I've been keeping an eye out for an alternative to suggest, but so far no luck, looking for a fix next.

Edit: From a thread I read from May, 2013, a similar problem occurred where InventoryMoveItemEvents were lagging servers to all high hells when using lwc, the prevailing theory was that hopper loops created an increasingly high number of protection queries (going from ~equal to number of hoppers up to 6000 in a 22 hopper loop). However, a fix was found that might possibly work where private hoppers reduced the number of checks per second massively and seemed to dodge the exponential check bug. As of this moment, that is the only solution that seems to have any sort of success, however it was from over 3 years ago, but it is a nearly identical situation outside of the minecraft version.

Edit2: Depending on where Frost got his LWC, there is a release version from march 3, 2016 (not bleeding edge stuff, but if he's using the one from bukkit, it'd be a huge change as that version is from dec, 2014). Allegedly, the version i found is "Official".
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

OMG I think I may have slow it down just right to make it work!!!!

Woot Auto sorter is a go
BIGs has been Fixed !!

Thank you for all the tips guys!
Heart Heart
Ign : BigAssMofo

Joined HT in 2015
MIA since 2017
Back in Action: 2024

Found a potential alternative but its from another server: https://www.massivecraft.com/massivelock it seems more feature rich than lwc, though it does cost $20, not sure if thats for every version or a one time payment
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

why in the hell is nobody updating plugins anymore?
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

Well that sucks.