• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Should I create the Tutorial?
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposal for Comprehensive Redstone Tutorial
I really like this idea as well, I often find myself having to reteach myself certain redstone concepts. On top of that, seeing other versions of certain circuits seems pretty helpful.

I think this is a v good idea. n.n I know nothing about redstone and I would like to learn, but I never know where to start :')
[Image: Jh4Rh61.png]  

i am pretty good with redstone, though im not fully sure how to use comparators. my favourite redsone thing are command blocks

definitely make this tutorial

The Draft of the Plan so far.
Suggest anything that you will like to see. I have thought about the flow of the tutorial and that is unchangeable. 

1. Basics 
1.1  What is redstone? What does it do? (some examples to wet the appetite). 
1.2  Solid and transparent blocks (This is VERY important, as redstone always revolve around these blocks)
1.3  Names of the Redstone components classified into Power Sources, Power Carriers, and Action Components. 
1.4  Redstone power level (power value 0 to 15)

2. Components (this will be almost comprehensive in info of mechanics and behaviour) 
2.1 Power Sources
2.1.1 Redstone Torch 2.1.2 Lever 2.1.3 Both Buttons 2.1.4 Redstone block 2.1.5 Tripwire 2.1.6 All pressure plates 
2.1.7 Trapped chest 2.1.8 Daylight Sensor

2.2 Power Carriers
2.2.1 Redstone dust 2.2.2 Repeator 2.2.3 Comparator

2.3 Action Components
2.3.1 Doors 2.3.2 Gates 2.3.3 Trapdoors 2.3.4 Piston 2.3.5 Sticky piston 2.3.6 Dispensers 2.3.7 Dropper 2.3.8 Hopper
2.3.9 Redstone lamp 2.3.10 TNT 2.3.11 Noteblock

3. Basic circuits

3.0 Pulse Manipulation
3.0.1 Monostable Circuits 3.0.2 Edge detectors 3.0.3 Pulse extender (3.0.4 Pulse length detector?)

3.1 Transmission 
3.1.1 Horizontal transmission 3.1.2 Upward transmission 3.1.3 Downward transmission (3.1.4 Dustless transmission?)

3.2 Logic (gate names)
3.2.1 NOT 3.2.2 OR 3.2.3 AND 3.2.4 NOR 3.2.5 NAND 3.2.6 XOR 3.2.7 XNOR

3.3 Memory (this is quite and important topic)
3.3.1 Set/Reset Latch (RS latch) 3.3.2 RS-NOR Latch 3.3.3 T Flip-flop 3.3.4 Signal memory loops

3.4 Clocks
3.4.1 Torch clocks 3.4.2 Hopper clocks 3.4.3 Decay clock (my fav) 3.4.4 Rapid Pulse clocks 3.4.5 Piston clocks

4. Problem solving and Planning
This section will include tutorial on how to design redstone circuits to solve specific problems and design machines to accomplish your needs. This is more thinking based, cold and logical programming basically. It will also include tips for compacting your creations. 

I can't wait to see this!!!
hi i dont play minecraft very often much anymore but would love to start playing again.

I am Looking for someone to build the grounds for me, at least to set a theme. Anyone interested?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have just completed the text for my redstone tutorial. I will need someone to design the tutorial grounds based on the file given below. The tutorial grounds does not have to be lavish, but has to look nice. Contact me ingame if you are interested. Meanwhile, look over the file and I will take correction, suggestions and changes.

Attached Files
.pdf   MCRStut.pdf (Size: 153.85 KB / Downloads: 17)

The ever helpful Jelly strike again Smile I was wondering if you could also include a few basic auto farms so we could see how these all work together..? Maybe in the basics 1.1 (as you mentioned showing examples already) but all in all thanks! and best of luck C:

As 1.11 coming around the corner, once it comes out could you explain the obverser block? (I think I spelled that right.)
hi i dont play minecraft very often much anymore but would love to start playing again.

(09-27-2016, 02:57 AM)_JELLy__ Wrote: Ladies and Gentlemen, I have just completed the text for my redstone tutorial. I will need someone to design the tutorial grounds based on the file given below. The tutorial grounds does not have to be lavish, but has to look nice. Contact me ingame if you are interested. Meanwhile, look over the file and I will take correction, suggestions and changes.

Grounds as in where you're putting the tutorial? How big would it need to be? And will you provide the materials?
Have a great day!  Angel