• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusual Injuries
What's an injury that really stood out to you? I wanna hear all about them!

Mine is that my left arm was severely hyper extended during band camp. We were playing Ships 'n' Sailors, which is kind of like Simon Says. One of the commands is to hug someone, so I hug the nearest guy I can. Well, another strong dude had the same idea and hugged the same guy! In the end, my arm was stuck between them, I was flung forward, and I almost needed surgery Big Grin
[Image: 2blFUtG.png]

[Image: IdpFhHl.png]

Well, I have multiple strange injuries?

1. I had to help set up for a swim meet, and since I was one of the first from the team there, I decided to start setting up by myself. It was going pretty well, and I was putting in the touchpads by myself (bad idea, it should take at least two people) when a darling freshman ran over to help me. She somehow pulled the wire, causing me to drop the touchpad. Now each touchpad is expENSIVE, so naturally, I wanted to catch it. So I did. With my ankle. When I showed my coach the amount of blood, he said "Go take care of it and get on the block, you're swimming first. You're not 12." (He's really nice I swear) But now I have a three inch scar on my ankle :^)

2. Small burn scar on my foot. A flaming piece of exploded  strawberry landed on it, and the boiling sugar that coated it make it uneasy to shake off.

3. I'm not sure if this qualifies as weird, but eh. I sliced open the bottom of my foot on a razor clam while surfing. Another scar to the collection.

That's all for now nerds :]
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

Oh man, pretty sure I'll win this one. Let's see, where to start...

1. Had a yellow jacket crawl into my left ear canal and die. Took 4 months of acidic eardrops to get it out.

2. I used to work at a convenience store/bait shop. Was putting out the cane pole display one morning, and a coworker accidentally crammed the tip of one into the same ear canal, rupturing the ear drum. Blood everywhere.

3. Fell asleep at the wheel during a road trip. Wound up in a ditch with a concussion so bad that I forgot the prior 2 days.

4. Was on a 20 mile ruck march with my unit. About halfway through, my chest and shoulders sagged. Turns out that I completely broke my sternum. I have so much scar tissue there that to this day I can knock on it like a door.

5. I've broken my wrists so many times that all the tiny bones are fused together, and the growth plate is completely shattered in one. I now have to have it surgically rebroken on occasion because it doesn't grow straight.

That's my top 5. I think. I'll post if I remember more, I've had 3 major and 3 minor concussions so my memory isn't the best lol.

(09-25-2016, 10:55 AM)Riavis Wrote: Oh man, pretty sure I'll win this one. Let's see, where to start...

1. Had a yellow jacket crawl into my left ear canal and die. Took 4 months of acidic eardrops to get it out.

2. I used to work at a convenience store/bait shop. Was putting out the cane pole display one morning, and a coworker accidentally crammed the tip of one into the same ear canal, rupturing the ear drum. Blood everywhere.

3. Fell asleep at the wheel during a road trip. Wound up in a ditch with a concussion so bad that I forgot the prior 2 days.

4. Was on a 20 mile ruck march with my unit. About halfway through, my chest and shoulders sagged. Turns out that I completely broke my sternum. I have so much scar tissue there that to this day I can knock on it like a door.

5. I've broken my wrists so many times that all the tiny bones are fused together, and the growth plate is completely shattered in one. I now have to have it surgically rebroken on occasion because it doesn't grow straight.

That's my top 5. I think. I'll post if I remember more, I've had 3 major and 3 minor concussions so my memory isn't the best lol.

Wow, that's an impressive list of injuries.

HOLY MOLY IT'S DR TRAN

(09-25-2016, 10:51 AM)Star Wrote: 2. Small burn scar on my foot. A flaming piece of exploded  strawberry landed on it, and the boiling sugar that coated it make it uneasy to shake off.

Why did a strawberry explode ,exactly?

Jesus, Riavis, you've seen some shit!
Are you deaf in your left ear? Did your sternum just spontaneously break? Can you use your wrists and hand alright?
You must have a lot of wild stories if those are just a few injuries!
[Image: 2blFUtG.png]

[Image: IdpFhHl.png]

Hm... lemmie think.

Well, when I was 8 I was giving my little brother (NetherGoblin) a piggy back ride, and with the layout of our house, you could run circles through the entire house, through the livingroom, into the bedroom, into my parents bedroom, through the bathroom, and then back into the living room, and again and again. 
Well whe had a large heater near my bedroom door, and the metal cover had been left down, after my dad fixed it that morning. now Since it was older, it had no safty proof, it was sharp sheet metal. and My knee hit it really hard, just right.
And I screamed in agony raising my leg, and it went so deep you could see bone. 

My dad ran out there, and offered to take me to the hospital. My dad had been through army medic training, and I knew this, so I asked my dad, if he could do it. 
So 20 minutes later he was pouring Hydrogen peroxide down my leg, and then putting a gauze on it. All better.

Not a single tear shed, but alot of cursing.

edit:

and also when I was 1 my dad got into a car accident and I slipped myself right out of my carseat (I was a lil ninja) and slid out of the backseat into the front and my leg and hip were crushed my the caved dash. when they mended my leg it was slightly out of place, so the bones overlap, and now my left leg is stronger than my right Big Grin
(no one died <3)
[Image: 74c08bcaae41e60c2ebf1b451a94a3d5.jpg]

1. I fell off my swing set and hit my head on one of those things that you swing around your leg and jump over.
2. Cut my finger on a tape measure when it retracted and I was gushing blood everywhere.
3. Burned my finger while flipping a tortilla on a grill.
4. Stapled my thumb with a stapler through the nail.
5. Choaked on a strawberry and almost passed out.
6. Ice sliped down my throat and cut the back of my throat.
7.I was eating a hot chip and sneezed and it shot in my nose and throat, I started coughing and it scraped the back of my throat.
8. I was playing wii carnival and swung my arm so hard it dislocated.
I choke on alot of food so...
Have a great day!  Angel

The one that stood out to me most was my broken arm in grade 3. A bunch of kids and I were playing catch in a playground with a 2-story slide in the middle. The slide has a safety cage on the top platform. The cage has vertical bars of iron with 4-inch gaps in between. I climbed onto the outside of the safety cage, and attempted to jump down. I would have landed safely if my sneakers weren't caught between the metal bars. I flipped backwards with my feet still stuck in the gap and landed left-arm first. The radius broke mid-way and the forward half bounced off the ground, which rotated my arm around the other bone and broke it too, also midway. Doctor's solution was twisting it back before casting it unfortunately.

choked on an orange

cut my finger with a fucking sharp ass knife

now this one isnt about me
but its pretty damn scary

so my brother, big brother
the dipshit he is
got attacked
with a fucking axe
now his knee is fucking destroyed
FUCK YOU, IM FROM OAKLAND