• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haven't been able to connect?
Hey guys,

For the past couple of weeks, I've been less and less active due to school woes. Last Friday, I tried to get on, but my game pinged for a good while before being "Unable to connect." I thought the server was under maintenance, so I thought nothing of it. Then my work prevented me from trying again until today, where the same thing happens!

I keep pinging and pinging, and can't connect. I can connect to other servers fine, and internet and stuff hasn't changed, so this leads me to the conclusion that the server has changed IP's, or something? Has there been a recent change for the server I don't know about? The general board seems pretty normal, and nothing's new in the announcements, so the problem must be on my side. The issue is that I have had no changes on my side in regards to the game, internet/firewall stuff, or hardware. Can someone help me out?

Thanks,
Droid
Roger, Roger.

(10-06-2016, 08:13 AM)CISsuperdroid Wrote: Hey guys,

For the past couple of weeks, I've been less and less active due to school woes. Last Friday, I tried to get on, but my game pinged for a good while before being "Unable to connect." I thought the server was under maintenance, so I thought nothing of it. Then my work prevented me from trying again until today, where the same thing happens!

I keep pinging and pinging, and can't connect. I can connect to other servers fine, and internet and stuff hasn't changed, so this leads me to the conclusion that the server has changed IP's, or something? Has there been a recent change for the server I don't know about? The general board seems pretty normal, and nothing's new in the announcements, so the problem must be on my side. The issue is that I have had no changes on my side in regards to the game, internet/firewall stuff, or hardware. Can someone help me out?

Thanks,
Droid

I'm having the same issue. but I cant connect to any minecraft server except the offline single player mode. my post is titled "Connection issues."  Please someone help us I wanna play on hometown again.

I had the same issue a while back and kept uninstalling and reinstalling minecraft. It wasn't working so I left it for a while, came back and it was fixed? Maybe it's got something to do with incompatibility with updates..

Tried again today and the connection still times out- no idea why...
Roger, Roger.

Maybe your trying to play always when mojang has their 'hiccups'
(Very surprised if this is it)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's strange because I can connect to other servers just fine. Just tried again this morning after a major day-long power outage due to Hurricane Matthew- still nothing... Is my fortress ok, Hunto? I can't grief-check it anymore...
Roger, Roger.

(10-08-2016, 10:25 PM)CISsuperdroid Wrote: It's strange because I can connect to other servers just fine. Just tried again this morning after a major day-long power outage due to Hurricane Matthew- still nothing... Is my fortress ok, Hunto? I can't grief-check it anymore...

Its fine just soembody built close..

(10-08-2016, 11:43 PM)Hunto10 Wrote:
(10-08-2016, 10:25 PM)CISsuperdroid Wrote: It's strange because I can connect to other servers just fine. Just tried again this morning after a major day-long power outage due to Hurricane Matthew- still nothing... Is my fortress ok, Hunto? I can't grief-check it anymore...

Its fine just soembody built close..

Let's continue this in PM's.
Roger, Roger.

Could you try using another computer to log on? This can show if it's a problem witch your account on the server or client side

Unfortunately, I don't have a device capable of doing so in the vicinity at this moment, but I'll borrow someone's laptop and give it a go; will update in the next few days (busy with work now).
Roger, Roger.