• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ban Appeal
Question 
I log out to walk my dogs and I come back to a screen that says I'm IP-banned for "xraying" by Grimm_Wolfe. I have no clue why Grimm_Wolfe has done this as I don't use any cheats.

Server you were banned on (SMP): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: josh3d2004

Reason for your ban: "X-raying"

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe

Why should you be unbanned: I don't use cheats. I've tried to contact Grimm_Wolfe on Discord and he's blocked me: http://i.imgur.com/W4U5LsX.png

Why do you want to come back: I want to get back to playing the game.
"Innocence lost is not easily regained. The designer simply cannot predict the problems people will have, the misinterpretations that will arise, and the errors that will get made." - Donald Norman

https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3

I've updated the post. It appears I've been kicked and/or banned from the Discord. What kind of community is this?

I don't know how anyone could consider this to be "harassing." If you're the owner and something silly like this happens, you have to expect a person will contact you if you're not responding in the discord. http://i.imgur.com/ZSlkuJA.png
"Innocence lost is not easily regained. The designer simply cannot predict the problems people will have, the misinterpretations that will arise, and the errors that will get made." - Donald Norman

(10-12-2016, 09:15 AM)josh3d2004 Wrote: I've updated the post. It appears I've been kicked and/or banned from the Discord. What kind of community is this?

You were kicked because you were going through the staff members asking us why you were banned, sending messages in the group to Grimm, and even after he blocked you, you continued. I didn't ban you, I just kicked you. Feel free to return if you won't message staff there because of bans that happen here.

As for your appeal, follow the link you were given and reply honestly. Grimm's shootin' 99.99% accuracy on x-ray bans. If he says you did it... yeah... I'd think twice before feigning ignorance, or worse, lying.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

It seems we have gotten off on the wrong foot. Let me try to explain the situation a little better from my perspective. I'm also willing to join voice chat on Discord and talk about this if that's a better way of talking about this.

I mentioned Grimm_Wolfe on the Discord. He didn't respond. I decided to send him a message to ask why he banned me as I was not X-raying. I know that for a fact. The burden of proof is not on me, it's on him as he's accusing me. I can't prove I wasn't doing something in the past as I wasn't streaming or recording it. He does not have any proof as I was not X-raying. If all that's required is Grimm_Wolfe's word to ban people, then I can't really tell you what to do about it as it's your server and you decide who you want to ban. However, I know for a fact he is wrong about this.

I was not X-raying. I didn't intend to harass anyone.

(10-12-2016, 09:15 AM)josh3d2004 Wrote: I've updated the post. It appears I've been kicked and/or banned from the Discord. What kind of community is this?

I don't know how anyone could consider this to be "harassing." If you're the owner and something silly like this happens, you have to expect a person will contact you if you're not responding in the discord. http://i.imgur.com/ZSlkuJA.png

(10-12-2016, 09:29 AM)josh3d2004 Wrote: It seems we have gotten off on the wrong foot. Let me try to explain the situation a little better from my perspective. I'm also willing to join voice chat on Discord and talk about this if that's a better way of talking about this.

I mentioned Grimm_Wolfe on the Discord. He didn't respond. I decided to send him a message to ask why he banned me as I was not X-raying. I know that for a fact. The burden of proof is not on me, it's on him as he's accusing me. I can't prove I wasn't doing something in the past as I wasn't streaming or recording it. He does not have any proof as I was not X-raying. If all that's required is Grimm_Wolfe's word to ban people, then I can't really tell you what to do about it as it's your server and you decide who you want to ban. However, I know for a fact he is wrong about this.

I was not X-raying. I didn't intend to harass anyone.

Before I even start, where is this question you asked me on Discord?  Apart from "Hello?", you only tell me you're not cheating and that I should unban you.  You never asked me a question about the details of your ban.  So you were harassing me on Discord.  Also, where is it stated that I have to respond to you anywhere else apart from an appeal?  I can block you from private messaging me on the forums if I felt like it, same goes for Discord, Skype, Kik, etc.

That being said, here's the evidence being held against you:
[Image: xray_1.png]
[Image: xray_2.png]

https://postimg.org/gallery/1ubzjibxy/b2915795/ - datalogs/locations for staff review

You started mining this tunnel from a mineshaft (entry tunnel), which shortly led to a vein of gold (gold 1) but that's not terribly suspicious at all; it's what you did after.  From the gold vein, you continue mining and make a sharp right turn straight to a vein of diamond (diamond 1), which is what piqued my interest and I started following you.  From the diamond, you continue along and pick up random ores along the way, including a vein of gold (gold 2).  From gold 2, you continue the tunnel shortly and–again–make another right turn straight to another diamond vein (diamond 2).  From this vein, you continue your tunnel, and make a right-turn and then a left-turn straight to another vein of diamond (diamond 3).  You then mine back to your original tunnels.  The time between the first and last diamond ore finds–and other ores in between–was 0.09hr (5min 24sec).  The time and the pattern of mining was suggestive of x-raying, so I IP-banned Josh's account.

Now you may put your foot in your mouth.  Every ban of mine is backed by evidence, as every staff-member here has to do.  No ban of mine has ever been on my word alone ever, as you so skeptically stated and only goes to show an attempted attack of my character on your part.  The only times I have not had to present evidence is when people voluntarily confess to x-raying.  Not only that, but two fellow staff-members have looked at your mines.  One became suspicious of you after I started following you and left me to investigate, and the other believes you x-rayed, too.  They may come forward if they like, but I'm done on this appeal.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

The question I asked you was in the discord for the server before I was kicked and it was removed. You didn't respond to the 2 times I mentioned you.

In regards to the pattern I used to mine: You will notice I place a torch every 8  blocks because without them I can't see. I also branch off when I feel like I'm not getting any ores. I like to do 8x8 squares unless I find ores and branch off from them which can be seen in the picture. You can confirm this pattern on your own from the first entry point on the screenshot you posted. I didn't not just "make a sharp right turn." I went in all directions, not just 1. That claim is just false. I didn't find anything so I switched my direction and after going the other directions I didn't want to go back so I continued on straight. I wouldn't have to do that if I was X-Raying as I would know exactly where the ore is and there would be no wasted directions. Those 2 extra pathways at the entrance wouldn't exist. Not to mention gold is pretty useless to me on this server anyways so making any sharp turns to pick up gold has little reward.

It's also worth mentioning that I had an Efficiency IV Diamond pick. 6 diamonds in 5 minutes and 24 secs isn't suspicious when you have that information. If I was X-Raying you would think I'd have a lot more than that, correct? I'd have to be the worst X-Rayer of all time to get 1 diamond per minute roughly.

In regards to previous people saying I X-Ray, since you didn't name the time or the people I can't really comment on that other than to say check my main mining area under my house. You can see it's a basic strip-mine pattern. I can show you that as well if you'd like.

[Image: m8oPeCv.png]

So is this a permanent IP ban then? It would be really unfortunate if so as this is the first Minecraft server I've played on in more than a year. It sucks that Grimm_Wolfe has deemed me an X-Rayer based on a small segment of a mine where I got lucky and didn't show the section at the bottom left where I didn't get lucky. He did not mention that I've been on the server for many days and have thousands of blocks worth of mining that aren't suspect at all. I would assume he agrees that the branch mines aren't suspect. However, this might be the hidden suspicions by "two fellow staff-members" he hasn't displayed proof of. I would love to see which mines you're talking about. You are showing what looks to be under 100 blocks of mining while I have way more than that.

I have 2 and a half double chests full of cobblestone (3,456 cobble each chest) and a large underground stone slab/stone brick area with cobble I've smelted from mines. If we just take 2 chests full of cobble (6,912) and take your image which I'm being liberal with an estimate of 100 blocks mined, that's 1.45% of total blocks in my mines that you deem to be suspect. I doubt you've observed me mining for multiple days because you would see just how silly this "X-Ray" claim is. But if you had more proof, you would have posted it.

If you can find my island by checking for my protected zones, you should see it under the main wood house. Needless to say, overall time of gameplay and amount of stone I have collected, I haven't been very lucky with diamonds on this server and I've spent enough time branch mining to do something else. You can see those branch mines under the brick shed next to my house in my protected area.

I don't see any evidence brought forth by Grimm_Wolfe yet that explicitly proves I used any hacked clients or otherwise cheating third party programs to "X-Ray" in any way. I see a screenshot and a log of finding diamonds in an intersection pattern where you branch off every time you find ore or change direction when you hit nothing. It's only a hunch based on watching me mine in a pattern he's not familiar with (that I have explained).

I have no ill feelings towards Grimm_Wolfe and nothing I'm saying should be seen as an "attack" on his "character." I don't know him personally. He accused me of something and is simply wrong with his assumption. I'm the only person that knows for sure. I have all the information on my gameplay as no one was playing on my account at the time. It was me playing. He has a hunch. I can only give you my perspective and defend myself while hoping you believe me considering all the points I've laid out for you.

I got banned for not planting seeds back and I just went to get groceries and clean my room and came back to a banned screen I wanna know If its a warning I just joined 2 days ago

(10-13-2016, 06:49 AM)lalaz4 Wrote: I got banned for not planting seeds back and I just went to get groceries and clean my room and came back to a banned screen I wanna know If its a warning I just joined 2 days ago

You need to make your own thread by going here.