• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price for an Iron Farm?
Question 
Hello everyone, I had a question relating to the price of the construction of an Iron Farm similar to Jellyiron. I have no intentions of making this farm public, I would like to use it for private use due to the fact that no matter what time I show up at a public access iron farm it is always in use by someone else AFK’ing.
I recently got quite a bit of money (well quite a bit according to my standards) and I thought about investing it towards the construction of a private iron farm. I would be hiring someone else to build it for me, I’m terrible with redstone and I don’t get enough free time to go through with it.
My base is in the middle of the ocean, which makes it difficult to transport villagers. There is a small island nearby but that’s about all the land in the visible area.
The point of the matter is, under these circumstances, how much would it cost to hire someone to build an iron farm as big as Jellyiron for private use only?
[Image: untitled-111.gif]

In my opinion, you shouldn't waste your money by paying someone for this.  Just go to JellyIron, use Schematica to literally make a 3d copy of his farm, gather the supplies to make the farm, and use Schematica's "PRINT" command to build that shit.  It makes building crap 1000% faster and easier.    (I'll teach you how to use the mod, it's simple af).

https://mods.io/mods/1008-schematica (make sure you also download Lunatrius; link within the provided link).  I recommend downloading w/ Forge as it makes downloading even more mods, like Durability Display, easier in the future.  There are Youtube videos to help step-by-step.

As for the villagers, pay Hiyoko to deliver 2 librarians and a farmer to you from his business at /warp Animal and, again, use Schematica (to be a lazy-ass like me) and copy someone else's villager breeder.
[Image: uQjg3ot.jpg]
Cookie___Monster

(11-02-2016, 09:49 AM)Cookie___Monster Wrote: In my opinion, you shouldn't waste your money by paying someone for this.  Just go to JellyIron, use Schematica to literally make a 3d copy of his farm, gather the supplies to make the farm, and use Schematica's "PRINT" command to build that shit.  It makes building crap 1000% faster and easier.    (I'll teach you how to use the mod, it's simple af).

https://mods.io/mods/1008-schematica (make sure you also download Lunatrius; link within the provided link).  I recommend downloading w/ Forge as it makes downloading even more mods, like Durability Display, easier in the future.  There are Youtube videos to help step-by-step.

As for the villagers, pay Hiyoko to deliver 2 librarians and a farmer to you from his business at /warp Animal and, again, use Schematica (to be a lazy-ass like me) and copy someone else's villager breeder.

I guess my only issue then would be learning how to use the mod and transporting the villagers. I could easily harvest a shit-ton of stone/stone bricks. I may do some research on it and I'll more than likely go through with your advice.
[Image: untitled-111.gif]

Do you have the materials or?
Do we have to move the villagers in place?

(11-02-2016, 09:49 AM)Cookie___Monster Wrote: In my opinion, you shouldn't waste your money by paying someone for this.  Just go to JellyIron, use Schematica to literally make a 3d copy of his farm, gather the supplies to make the farm, and use Schematica's "PRINT" command to build that shit.  It makes building crap 1000% faster and easier.    (I'll teach you how to use the mod, it's simple af).

Cooks what is schematica? Like what else does it do?
Farewell Hometown, for now at least. It's been fun. Sorry I ruined it Sad

Best of luck to all of you,

Hopefully this isn't the end.

Sincerely,

Creep

(11-05-2016, 06:31 PM)CreeperKing309 Wrote:

Cooks what is schematica? Like what else does it do?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2701Y64SmfY&t=8s
[Image: uQjg3ot.jpg]
Cookie___Monster