• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Cocoa Recipe Exchange
Lightbulb 
Since Christmas time is upon us, the people of HomeTown chat decided a hot cocoa thread was needed.  Please, share your own recipes, creations, or even others' recipes and creations below.

Here's mine:
[Image: Hot_Cocoa.jpg]
Recipe: homemade whipped cream, cocoa mix, milk, crushed up/whole candy canes, and cocoa powder dusting

(Feel the pain, Star/Kat/Maddie)

Happy holidays to HomeTown! ^-^
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

1. Heck you, Grimm

2. My recipe is kinda difficult to follow, sorry guys:
[Image: GQyam0o.jpg]
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

Y'all are so fucking white.

Champurrado: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxcQxPHEL7I
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

Honestly, I'm offended.

Most of the time I just use Swiss Miss from the Keurig, but recently I've tried this hot chocolate aND BOY.

[Image: xmaEhaS.png]
And since I'm vegetarian, I pair it with Dandies marshmallows, and I'd probably melt a chocolate bar in it too to make it sweeter
[Image: FtesYL4.png]
I have a new girlfriend now
[Image: tumblr_nwsqf8uAJM1tbo6e7o1_500.gif]

My winter assortment of nommy stuffs.  Cause I'm lazy.

[Image: 0WtZ8Sw.jpg]

But in all seriousness. I use the recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa powder and add a bit of cayenne pepper to it for homemade hot cocoa.  ^.^

Thumbs Up 
This is the best thread idea since the beginning of ever. Guys, I applaud you.

I use Recipe from the back of the cocoa powder bin. It works great for chocolate milk too!

1 heaping spoonful of Cocoa powder (1 tablespoon)
2 heaping spoonfuls sugar (2 tablespoons)
Milk to the brim (1 cup)

Put cocoa powder and sugar in a mug, add about a teaspoon of milk and stir till combined, this should form a pasty substance. Fill rest of mug with milk, stir till combined and heat in microwave to temp preference.

To make Chocolate milk, just don't heat it!
I like the cold stuff better tbh.

Heart
~AkHip

well I don't make hot cocoa aside from the mix stuff but here is my grandma's caramel recipe.
Homemade Caramel

1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup Light Karo (corn) Syrup
1 lb. Light Brown Sugar (est. 2 1/3 cup)
1/2 lb. Butter (use real salted butter, not margarine or spread)
1/8 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1/8 tsp. Salt
2 Tablespoons Vanilla (use real extract if possible, add 1/2 tablespoon if using imitation)

Combine all but the vanilla in large pot. Cook on high stirring constantly until it begins to boil then reduce to medium and continue stirring until desired consistency (use soft ball test below). Mix will scorch easily so be careful to stir whole pot. Once at desired constancy remove from heat and pour into well buttered pan. (for buttered pan you can use spread but do not use spray grease) or pour over crushed nuts.

Soft Ball Test:
Ready a small bowl with cold water. Drizzle a small amount of mixture into the cold water and allow to set. Test consistency with fingers.
I usually set a timer for 5 minutes then do a soft ball test. If it’s not ready do another 5 minutes (this is on a gas stove using a Teflon pot).

For caramel apples:
crush 3-4 cups of walnuts into medium bowl. Place sticks into apples. Dip apple into cooling caramel (roll around if needed to fully coat) then press carameled apple into nuts and place on wax paper to dry. (If you don’t want to use nuts you may want to butter the wax paper). Keep the caramel on low heat so it does not get too cool to dip apple in. Depending on size of apples it can make up to 2 dozen.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

1/8 cup swiss miss milk chocolate powdered mix, 1/2 a mug o' water, then nuke that bitch for 30seconds (Take caffeine pill as desired). Mmmm breakfast XD

(12-02-2016, 03:39 AM)Star Wrote: 1. Heck you, Grimm

My favorite Heart
So difficult to make but it's so good
[Image: image0.jpg]

(12-02-2016, 03:39 AM)Star Wrote: 1. Heck you, Grimm

We don't have those in France...

So for mine I use this:

[Image: 769277.jpg]