• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overwatch
I'm only level 109, and I typically main Junkrat, Hanzo, and Genji, though I'm a fan of Tracer as well!
Cheers love! The Cavalry's here!

I don't play over watch mostly due to the expense of it, but is it a good game and is it worth getting?

Very worth it. I'd say the only real downside to it is the amount of toxic players it's attracted, but that comes with any large game, such as League of Legends for example. That's only one downside in the face of many upsides, however.

There's no pay-to-win in the game because all unlockable items are purely cosmetic, so everyone has a fair playing field. There's nothing to separate players for each-other other than experience and skill. There's also a very wide variety of playing styles offered from the heroes you can choose. I think there's about 24 right now? So there's always something for you. You don't have to force yourself to git gud at a front-line shooting role. If you want to check out examples, there's tons of videos of gameplay for the different heroes on youtube, or you can check them out on the website. Smile

This is more a personal taste, but games are generally pretty pick-up-and-go too. One thing that kept me away from some games like League of Legends were the fact that games could stretch for about 30 minutes at a time, so you could only reasonably play a few games during weekdays. In Overwatch, however, games are usually no more than 8-16 minutes. It sounds really short, but believe me, it feels anything but. Each game feels fuller than that, and they can all be really fun. ^^) I said before that there's toxicity in the community, but in my experience, I've only scarcely ran into it myself.

There's a mode called 'Quick Play' and a mode called 'Ranked.' Ranked is for more serious coordinated gameplay, and that's where the toxicity can be. Mostly people bloated with their own ego that believe its their team's fault for them losing, and certainly not anything they could have done. :^);; I mostly play quick play because of this, and occassionally you'll get a ranked player in there trying to tell others how they should play over the microphone, but in around 6 months of play it's only happened about 3 times to me. Quick Play is a game mode that follows the same rules as ranked, but it's more casual. It's a bit more of an enjoyable experience for me personally, and you can find some in it who are really fun to play with.

Honestly, there's a lot to say about the game. If you're unsure, I would say wait for a sale and give it a try yourself. Smile The game's anniversary is coming up soon, so there's bound to be one. Hope some of that helps!
[Image: Fzsb0W0.png]