• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being Banned for no reason
I was banned by a mod because i gave my opinion (i didn't use vulgar language and just gave me opinion on a subject). They banned me because i said i didn't agree with being gay and how i personally felt about it and they just straight up banned me after called me a homophobic and all i did was give my opinion.(Was banned by Kat for homophobic language and have seen other people complaining about her just banning people for no reason)           Username: Derpylord

https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3

[Image: nUQJyBN.png]
In all seriousness. You weren't just sharing your opinion. You were being extremely rude while expressing your opinion and it offended other players. If its under your religion, you should just keep to your self or if you had a problem with it you should of politely asked people to stop talking about it. However you had said some awfully offensive words in chat, which is why you were banned.

Evidence:
http://imgur.com/a/Y9sBB
(Mainly shown in the last screenshot)
- KatNip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3ECU6xtp68
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

(12-21-2016, 02:37 AM)Derpylord Wrote: I was banned by a mod because i gave my opinion (i didn't use vulgar language and just gave me opinion on a subject). They banned me because i said i didn't agree with being gay and how i personally felt about it and they just straight up banned me after called me a homophobic and all i did was give my opinion.(Was banned by Kat for homophobic language and have seen other people complaining about her just banning people for no reason)           Username: Derpylord

(12-21-2016, 04:15 AM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: In all seriousness. You weren't just sharing your opinion. You were being extremely rude while expressing your opinion and it offended other players. If its under your religion, you should just keep to your self or if you had a problem with it you should of politely asked people to stop talking about it. However you had said some awfully offensive words in chat, which is why you were banned.

Evidence:
http://imgur.com/a/Y9sBB
(Mainly shown in the last screenshot)

Kat's allowing me to post a remark.

The evidence against you shows you using an offensive slur on the server, which is an offense worthy of a ban under rule 2A of our rulebook: https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=13

You're lying, and it will not get you far here and it is not appreciated.  We don't care who joins based on their religious or political beliefs, but we expect them to be civil and not cause issues in chat.  You were not civil and you caused issues in chat, so you were banned.  And now you're committing libel against one of our staff-members?  You're a real piece of work.

If you want to make a correctly formatted ban appeal, and apologize for your actions and apologize to all the people you offended by name; then you may be unbanned.  Failure to do so will result in your ban remaining permanent until further notice
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

But in return i could argue that you weren't respecting my opinion and were being disrespectful to me just because i have a different view point on it, somebody kindly asked me to stop because he didn't want an argument in chat and i did.It's not like i destroyed somebodies plot or something, instead of banning me you could of simply kicked me and then tell me that if i did it again i would be banned.(me saying "eww fag" was rude and i would've been accepting if u kicked me for that) and if u really want u can mute me perm i just want to continue playing on the server because ive played on it for years and took a break from minecraft for a little bit (6 months ago to today)

But in return I could argue that you're in no position to be making an argument with staff any further.  You completed our tutorial, did you not?

"The completion of the rule/tutorial quiz on the server or the terms of service agreement on the forums is a tacit contract that states you have fully read and will abide by all rules listed here.  Failure to do so will result in appropriate punishment of the offending person/s." - HT Rulebook

You agreed to this whether you want to admit it or not

"2: Chat Etiquette – Punishment: Lv. 0 – 3

A.     Be respectful to others at all times.  In other words, do not be disrespectful, racist, sexist, prejudiced, etc. to anyone or any social group at any time for any reason–we will not tolerate it."

You will also notice the appropriate punishment for disrespect is anything between a kick to a perma-ban based on the context and staff's discretion.  You got a ban, deal with it.

Finally, this is a privately owned server where we may censor whatever we want in the general chat, which typically falls upon all religious/political opinions.  The people on this server are here to play and have fun, not offensively talk about their opinions at the detriment to others like you.  We get onto people on both sides of the aisle here in that regard.  if you want to insult people and talk about your opinion, then join the appropriate media platform–it's not tolerated here.

Locking this thread.  You can either stop being a pigheaded nuisance and make an appeal–like I said–or you may leave.  If you want to stay, then you better leave your opinions and attitude at the login screen.  You won't last long here otherwise.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook