smp.hometownmc.com
Minecraft name:
Nicky_Fett
Reason for your ban:
I did grief
Who banned you:
Kat
Why should you be unbanned:
I know griefing is something that most people hate including myself I would get extremely mad if one of my builds i worked so hard on got griefed and i will would of never done something like that if i knew that it would make someone mad. I know my sibling like to cause mischief and don't know the rules of hometown and i talked to them and found out my younger sibling did it.
Why do you want to come back:
I have been on hometown for the past 2 years and i have never grieved or harmed or anyones build. Me and my friend would always build villages and have a great time and i don't want to lose that especially because we aren't able to communicate very well and hometown lets us do that.
Sorry to bother you i hope you agree be let back on have a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

As the person who was griefed, a (in my opinion) relevant piece of information is that the buttons pressed as part of the grief were part of a villager storage system I set up for cycling through villagers to find "perfect" villagers. When a villager dropped into the system, if it wasn't perfect, it could be disposed of using the button above it. At the time of the grief, the system was full of villagers, most of which were perfect or near perfect. The system has fallen into chaos due to multiple griefings which cannot be easily reversed due to the nature of NPCs and rollbacks, but the Nicky_Fett grief caused the most ruinous damage to the system. The Nicky_Fett account pushed thirty individual buttons, leading to the dumping of the villagers. Luckily, the disposal system was terrible and most of the villagers didn't die. However, several villagers did die, including some with very good trades for mending, eff, etc. If one button had been pressed, it would be an understandable mistake (even in the course of griefing, perhaps they thought it would dispense items for trade or some such) but after pressing the button, the villager would drop, showing the person what the button did. By pressing all thirty buttons, clear malicious intent is shown, not just quick thievery or curiosity. In addition to the lose of villager life (a few of the villagers lost took multiple days of afking to obtain and farm the trades for), I'll have to manually figure out how to re-introduce the villagers back into their cells without accidentally killing them. Sorry for the length of this comment, just wanted to share some background information for context.
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

Hello, your appeal is well written considering the difficult situation. You have explained why griefing isn't nice, as it can make people mad etc. You have also included that you asked your sibling/s for who did and and one gladly owned up. I suggest that you tell them a few rules, so this doesn't happen again. Considering its almost christmas, I will be unbanning you. As long as you promise here first, that you will speak to your siblings explaining the rule of grief, once that is done I will unban you.
- KatNip

Thank you so much I did explain to my siblings that griefing is bad and it makes people mad and that they should never do it especially on a server.

I will be unbanning you, welcome back to HT :3
- KatNip