• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Should color spam in global chat be a punishable offense?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adding a new rule
So, after the colors in chat were recently re-added, chat has been lighting up with them; this is a problem, as it causes unnecessary spam to other players. I would like to propose an idea: in the best interest of the server, I believe that spamming colors in chat, without the purpose of ads, should be treated the same way as caps and spam. It has recently become an inconvenience to observe in chat.
I've noticed other players on the server have become aggravated with this occurence. The reasons the community themselves have provided through in-game chat are as follows:
-It is becoming increasingly hard to read global chat when people spam colors.
-People with sensory overload issues have a hard time because of it.
-It is unpleasant on the eyes.
-It is becoming a very common occurrence.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of this issue. Be sure to voice your opinion on the matter(whether you are staff or a player) below as well as voting on the poll. 
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

I think it'll die down fairly soon, and people chatted using it outside of ads quite a bit before the loss and re-implementation. I get where you're coming from- it is annoying- but it'll die down with some time. Some people just got VIP in addition to the fact that it's available to everyone else again. Chatting in color is a novelty though... it's a bit of a hassle to do all the time, so this should nip itself in the bud soon enough. In my opinion, that is.

(12-29-2016, 11:39 AM)Riavis Wrote: I think it'll die down fairly soon, and people chatted using it outside of ads quite a bit before the loss and re-implementation. I get where you're coming from- it is annoying- but it'll die down with some time. Some people just got VIP in addition to the fact that it's available to everyone else again. Chatting in color is a novelty though... it's a bit of a hassle to do all the time, so this should nip itself in the bud soon enough. In my opinion, that is.
I see where you are coming from as well, but I've been on this server for about 2 years and this is still an issue. The reason why people are noticing it now is because of the reimplementation. It comes and goes, but it always comes back. That's why I believe it should a punishable offense, because it is a persistant issue.

I agree with you Osh, and Riavis. I think hopefully after time it will die down, however recently people have been using their colours to an extent where people are getting mad and its making people feel crowded by the amount of bold and colour. Like sometimes when someone has something important to say, they can't say it in colour sometimes because everyone is using it just for general chat.
- KatNip

Well I think it will die down same as vehicles and /glow, mainly colors are used as a way to get your attention for some type of advertisement. So this means if the player uses the rules HT has on advertising they should be fine with using colors in an okay way. But outside of ads may be a bit annoying if someone is using a random color out of context. Also I have more of an issue with people bolding text.
Have a great day!  Angel

so i do agger it is qwite enoing and if it is used as spam it shud be punised but as being rather new on severs how do you do coleres in chat

ps. sorry about the speeling im not every good Tongue
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain 

I agree with only being able to use them for advertisements, etc. People have been using colours all the time and it's hurting my eyes, and keeps drawing my eyes to the chat when I'm trying to do something. (last part is kinda my own issue but whatever)
[Image: Jh4Rh61.png]  

(12-30-2016, 03:57 AM)Patty Wrote: I agree with only being able to use them for advertisements, etc. People have been using colours all the time and it's hurting my eyes, and keeps drawing my eyes to the chat when I'm trying to do something. (last part is kinda my own issue but whatever)
Nope, I have the same issue as well Pat. I have ADD so I get distracted very easily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I removed bold the other day to help reduce this without totally removing all colors. It seems to be better as some players would just talk in bold the entire time

(12-30-2016, 04:42 AM)frost Wrote: I removed bold the other day to help reduce this without totally removing all colors. It seems to be better as some players would just talk in bold the entire time

Thank You!
Have a great day!  Angel