• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Getting Elytras
If I am correct everyone on the server (except the filthy rich ones) would like for the Elytra to be a little easier way to obtain. Some of us had a couple ideas on how to do this so it's not to easy but yet obtainable for the average minecraft player. In my opinion Elytras are to rare on the server and is not fair to the average player if they are only dropped at drop parties and events.

Idea 1: Drop the Elytra when the Ender Dragon gets killed. Seeing as the end crystals are relatively hard to get becacuse of the ghast spawning sparingly in the nether.

Idea2: Have a custom villager that trades an expensive amount of items for the Elytra. (2 stacks of emeralds or a stack of diamonds.) Maybe there is a different trade that would make it more relevant.

Idea3: Have it forsale at the HomeTown shop for a set rate.

If you have any ideas please share them.

As someone who gets rich and goes bankrup easily (I run a shop and a city) this would be a good thing
iKea
Proud Owner Of KeaHomes RealEstate @ warp KeaHomes
[Image: jeicCB]

(02-05-2017, 02:52 AM)BumbleBeesBuster Wrote: Idea 1: Drop the Elytra when the Ender Dragon gets killed. Seeing as the end crystals are relatively hard to get becacuse of the ghast spawning sparingly in the nether.

We had a similiar (well actually exactly same looking) suggestion few months back. However, this would lead for the elytra being farmed like crazy. There are other problems too, such as the plugin/command blocks. Elytra prices would dramatically drop and everyone wants to gain profit from their own before the prices are too low. Elytras in my opinion are good like they are. If people dont want to wait from events to get free stuff, they can always sell everything they have and buy one. Still, that would be dumb.

(02-05-2017, 02:52 AM)BumbleBeesBuster Wrote: Idea2: Have a custom villager that trades an expensive amount of items for the Elytra. (2 stacks of emeralds or a stack of diamonds.) Maybe there is a different trade that would make it more relevant.

Seems fair to me, exept the prices should be way more higher. 

When i think about it, i would like more ways to obtain it instead of having easier ways to obtain it. We gotta have something shiny and exepensive, right? If elytras would get common the only thing left would be smelly dragon heads, and no-one wants that crap anymore these days.

-what about the dragon egg? Thats rare, too!

-quiet, you.

(02-05-2017, 02:52 AM)BumbleBeesBuster Wrote:  Idea3: Have it forsale at the HomeTown shop for a set rate.

Uuhm... seems a bit to straight for me.
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

I'd suggest making it in the hometown shop. Or in my opinion we should have an end expansion/res end so it can be reset frequently. The only issue is players who use the res end for selfish reasons like taking all the elytras/killing all the shulkers for money, before say someone without one can even start searching.
- KatNip

About the ghasts spawning being scarce thing, I go to the nether for about 5 mins every time I log on to collect quartz. While I'm there, I see 1-2 ghasts each time. Imo, they're not difficult to find.
[Image: Jh4Rh61.png]  

(02-05-2017, 03:51 AM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: I'd suggest making it in the hometown shop. Or in my opinion we should have an end expansion/res end so it can be reset frequently. The only issue is players who use the res end for selfish reasons like taking all the elytras/killing all the shulkers for money, before say someone without one can even start searching.
#resource end
#nesource rether

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

i feel like elytras are too useless to be of much value, unless you got a whole lot of fireworks.

(02-05-2017, 03:28 AM)Rasse82 Wrote: Seems fair to me, exept the prices should be way more higher. 

When i think about it, i would like more ways to obtain it instead of having easier ways to obtain it. We gotta have something shiny and exepensive, right? If elytras would get common the only thing left would be smelly dragon heads, and no-one wants that crap anymore these days.

-what about the dragon egg? Thats rare, too!

-quiet, you.

Thinking a little more about the prices they should be higher then what I mentioned. Personally I think they should be around 5 k and not rare. Elytras are a ton of fun and have a big potential for private minigames and friendly competition. So I see the Elytra as usefull and the other items as collectors as they have no other use than decor.

(02-05-2017, 03:51 AM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: I'd suggest making it in the hometown shop. Or in my opinion we should have an end expansion/res end so it can be reset frequently. The only issue is players who use the res end for selfish reasons like taking all the elytras/killing all the shulkers for money, before say someone without one can even start searching.

Having a resource end would be amazing. It would drive the people who actually want one to go out and look for it. But the downside is it would require more server resources and a little extra maintenance for staff. So have elytras and possibly even shulker boxes in the shop is the easiest solution.

i understand both points of view and believe that elytras should be obtainable in several ways, however i have no examples you think those up. overall they probably should not be in the shop though but if they are added then they should be at a high or medium price, to say exactingly what that is, i don't know. but the other ways to obtain them should be easier than buying in the shop.

(02-07-2017, 05:58 AM)JoesMine231 Wrote: i understand both points of view and believe that elytras should be obtainable in several ways, however i have no examples you think those up. overall they probably should not be in the shop though but if they are added then they should be at a high or medium price, to say exactingly what that is, i don't know. but the other ways to obtain them should be easier than buying in the shop.

I would also kinda like to see it obtainable in a couple of different ways. (But not really necessary.) If you have any ideas like that please share them.