• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
/warps & clickable signs
Question 
Two-fold question.

1) How do we go about getting permission for a /warp location? 
    (I'm not after it yet - still some work to do.)

2) I've seen /warp signs on the server wich are clickable. How do we do that?

Cheers .. Retro

Ignore question 2 - I just worked it out for myself. lol
I put the [Warp] in blue (&1) text.
- Gaming Since The 80's

(02-27-2017, 07:52 PM)RetroSteveUK Wrote: Two-fold question.

1) How do we go about getting permission for a /warp location? 
    (I'm not after it yet - still some work to do.)

2) I've seen /warp signs on the server wich are clickable. How do we do that?

Cheers .. Retro

Ignore question 2 - I just worked it out for myself. lol
I put the [Warp] in blue (&1) text.

I'm not too sure what you mean for question 1, if you're asking about getting a warp, then you'll need $500 ($400 if vip) and will have to ask any mod+ to set one up for you. I don't believe there is any rank requirement to it other than simply having the money.

As for the warp sign, you don't even need to put in the colour tag for [warp]. All you need to do is put [warp] on the first line and then a valid warp name on the second line. In order to create one you need to be experienced+ (not sure about vip ranks.)

For your first question, you ask any online mod or admin to set a warp for you when you're ready. They'll teleport over to you, ask what you want the warp to be named, and you show them the way you want them to be facing (the warp will be facing that way when they set it). They'll ask you to test it once they set it, and if it works properly and is set up how you want it, you'll do /pay (their ign) either 400 (for VIPs) or 500 (non-VIPs) and you'll be all set.

For the second question, Nuked answered it pretty well. In addition to their explanation, I believe all VIPs can create warp signs.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

Thanks for that.

I tried doing a warp sign before I VIP'd up and it didn't work. Tried it again with blue text after VIP'ing and it worked so I presumed it was the blue making the difference. Turns out it was the VIP rank that was needed.

Appreciate the help, cheers.
- Gaming Since The 80's

I don't know if this has changed recently but as of the old server, you had to be Adept, VIP, or higher rank to make a [warp] sign.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

(02-28-2017, 09:32 PM)Geckorian Wrote: I don't know if this has changed recently but as of the old server, you had to be Adept, VIP, or higher rank to make a [warp] sign.
I do believe it's experienced Geck