• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pvp Arenas(possibly in the survival world?)
So besides from building and talking in chat, ht has nothing to do. When you get to the point where you have a home, you have so much free time. I usually spend that free time on other servers to pass the time, but I want to be here and play with other people. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way either. Which is why I want to suggest the re-implementation of pvp arenas. And you may say we already have two, but those are hard to fight in and meant for a larges amounts of players. And yes I said re-implementation. Back when I was a noob on this server(2.5+ years ago), pvp arenas were are over the survival world and you were allowed to use your own tools to fight. It was so fun, and it passed the time. What I think should be implemented is either new small pvp arenas in the survival world or in another world. But with either scenario, we are allowed to use our own weapons. Two big red flags for this would be players whining in chat over losses and players losing their stuff. Both can be avoided by creating warning signs outside the arena that force players to read them and understand the risk they make by setting foot in. And to help with vip's getting the advantage, fly/speed will be disabled. And on the bright side we have a plugin preventing players from picking each others stuff up, so theft is out of the question. Tell me what you think. I'm on my phone so I can produce a forum poll so here is a strawpoll here: http://www.strawpoll.me/12436412

Thanks for your time.
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

I would be up for designated PVP arenas. I would also like to see arena-like events where 3-10 players are boxed in against a butt-load of staff spawned mobs lol.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

I was always wanting the pvp set zones to come back, you make your own arena and ask a staff member to enable pvp within it and use it at your will, and where you make an arena aslong as it follows ht rules, staff will put a zone in!
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

(03-01-2017, 02:03 AM)Sky Wrote: I was always wanting the pvp set zones to come back, you make your own arena and ask a staff member to enable pvp within it and use it at your will, and where you make an arena aslong as it follows ht rules, staff will put a zone in!
That would be nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

(03-01-2017, 02:07 AM)Oshakai Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 02:03 AM)Sky Wrote: I was always wanting the pvp set zones to come back, you make your own arena and ask a staff member to enable pvp within it and use it at your will, and where you make an arena aslong as it follows ht rules, staff will put a zone in!
That would be nice.

maybe it can be application based to get a pvp zone.

I like this idea. I need to get better at pvp Smile

We stopped doing this because pvp flags were broken with a couple updates ago, but PvP areas were finally fixed after this post (Thank arayvek for that). Now I'm trying to get a keepinventory working for the area. Worse case scenario it'd just be the honesty system where you return the items like the old days.

(03-01-2017, 07:27 AM)frost Wrote: We stopped doing this because pvp flags were broken with a couple updates ago, but PvP areas were finally fixed after this post (Thank arayvek for that). Now I'm trying to get a keepinventory working for the area. Worse case scenario it'd just be the honesty system where you return the items like the old days.
Sounds great, thanks frost. Will the new pvp arenas be able to be player built by any chance?

Yeh, player built would be awesome, I used to love making my own arena's for my use, I could even make a fighting zone on my heli carrier! Tongue
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]