• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One Year Ago
I wrote the beginning of this to work on and post at a later date, March 27th. I'm posting it now however since I feel that it's just something I need to do. With everything written in this, there's a lot left out as I either can't remember everything, or just decided it wasn't something worth putting in.

One Year Ago

Exactly one year and one day ago, on the 26th of March of 2016 was the most important event in my life if you exclude my birth. The day of March 26th as well as the 27th and the events that occurred will forever be in my thoughts and will always be there to haunt me. There is only 1 person that knows the full story of the events that took place on that weekend, and I hold that person very close to my heart. I cannot thank them enough for how much they have been there for me since we've met. This story is not about them however, it is about myself. That is because I'm going to be sharing what happened on that weekend.

The 27th is a very important day to me because exactly one year ago, the 27th of March 2016, I should not have been alive. This is because on the night of the 26th, I was going to take my own life. The combined mental toll of everything that was going on in my life combined with all the thoughts that were just always in my head became too much for me to handle. After trying to deal with all of this I just gave up, and planned to asphyxiate myself. I had purchased what I'd needed a few days prior to the incident and nobody knew. As you can see though, I am still here today, writing this. This is not because I backed out on the last second. It was because my attempt failed. I wasn't stopped by anyone else, it was a malfunction of the rig I was using. To this day I'm not sure what failed, and is still a thought that creeps into my head today. I'm also not sure  what prevented me from re-attempting on the following days, but I'm also sure it's better for me to not try to remember.

Since the incident, my mental state has swayed drastically in both directions. Over the summer it seemed to get a bit better when I got back to having a job and was just generally doing stuff. In recent months however, I've started to sway back in the other direction. In December I was close to reaching the point I was the past March, but this when I met some great people. I started talking to people on discord and met some really great friends as well as something who is very important to me. These people as well as everyone who I wasn't necessarily friends with on the server at this time helped me through this without even knowing it. I thank you all for that. I the past few weeks, namely the end of February/early March I was going through a really difficult time in my life. More memories of that event have been returning to me as well as other strong emotional feelings made it extremely difficult for me to do things. I remember a dream I had, on the last week of February, where I essentially relived the exact moment of my attempt. I awoke from my dream scared and in heavy panic just gasping for air trying  to breath, even though I was fine.

Every day for the past couple of weeks has been a struggle for me. Every day feels like it's taken a week, and I'm just wanting every day to be over before it starts. I've been going through one of the most difficult times of my life, with just so many feelings and thoughts going through my head at once. It's just been a constant mental battle for me between all of my thoughts and feelings and I just want to escape from it all. I just have a complete dislike for myself in pretty much every way. This combined with a lot of the other stuff that's been going on in my head has just compounded together. I always feel like I'm just hurting people and making their life worse, despite how much I'm told otherwise. This combines with the fact that when I have had feeling for someone, I always just subconsciously tell myself that nobody would want me in their life and just continue back onto the path of my self-disliking.

These are some of the reasons I've been acting the way I have been recently. I haven't hit the level that I reached last year, but I've definitely come close a couple times in the past couple weeks. I've just wanted to be alone a lot of the time so I'm sorry to those I've ignored. There are times when I feel like talking to people, but usually it's just to certain people. I'd like to thank everyone who's helped me through this time without even knowing it, even though I've barely talked to anyone. To the person that's been closest to me, you know who you are, I love and thank you.

I'm so sorry for everything that you've gone through. I know how it feels when you just have too much going on. The day I tried was quite close to yours actually, but that's not the point. The point is I know what it feels like, and if you ever need someone to talk to, we're all here for you <3, but remember it's also ok to be alone.

And I know I may not be much help, as you hardly know me, and I could never imagine what you're feeling, but I hope I helped at least a little bit. That was my goal here.

I am a simple person far, far away. And all i can do is hope that you can survive this part of your life and wish that your relatives can help you. I cannot imagine how is it like for you, but i can try to raise your spirits with this text. Like nether said, we are all here for you.
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

Nuked, I understand what you're going through and have gone through, I love you man just take it easy<3 I''m here for you if you ever need

So this is going to take a lot of courage.
Nuked, I just want you to know, you're amazing. The fact you didn't re-attempt makes me speechless, as usually people would. I want you to know, that I'm here for you always. Never give up, ever. Living is just the thing we all have to do, suffering is the thing we all have to get past. One day things can, and will get better, it may take god knows how long, but it will. You're a fantastic person and you have been a great person to include upon my life. No matter what, do not try re-attempt, please. The pain just gets passed on, and onto more people. I know it may be hard for you sometimes but there are people for you to help you. Sometimes people need to be alone, to cope with the emotions they feel at the time, so we can understand why you have been hiding chat. And finally, we all want you in our lives, because you're a really nice person to have around and we enjoy your company on the server and in discord. Thanks for being my friend. -Kat u.u

p.s Have a nice day.
- KatNip

I'm nearly crying here, reading your post. Thanks for sharing that. Takes guts. You have my thoughts & empathies (if that's even a word).
- Gaming Since The 80's

I'm sorry for what you have gone through Nuked. I hope that you get through it.

~firegene

Its Ok Nuked. You are an amazing player just buy showing how much accomplishments you have made on the server and being on and active all the time show you have dedication to this server and you and all the other staff members try you make it a better place to be on this server we all call hometown.We want you to know that life is tough and its more crap to deal with but at the end it all turns ok.  Lot of people are in a situation like this where they think ok, im pissed off at the world around me, Im going to end it all because of stress and personal problems, And if you look into your future, you can have a very amazing future. I may only be 14, but Ive been made fun of my whole life of my grades, my family, and my acedemic ability.  I had and amazing group of friends which I am friends with to this day helped me through it and we will all do the same for you know you told us and opening up about your fears. I want you you to know I will keep you in my heart and prayers , and not  just nuked, all of you reading this so none of you have to go through this either. I remember when I bought my ocean temple from nuked and he was a pretty cool dude and he made me laugh at his jokes and they were always active. Thank you for taking your time and reading this and Have a great rest of your day    -Aqua Sleepy

Into the stars
To buy candy bars
Rides a kid with
A knack for inventions
A super powered-mind
A mechanical K-9
He rescues the day
From your destruction
He's gotta save the world
And get to school on time
So many things to do
And not much time
Oh so off the ground
Up in the air
Out into the atmosphere
Who can we count on?
Jimmy Neutron
(Jimmy Neutron)
Who can we count on?
Jimmy Neutron
Who can we count on?
Jimmy Neutron
No matter where you are
You know he can't be far
Watching the world
Through X-Ray vision(dont ban me grimm)
And wherever he's around
Where adventure can be found
You know that
Jimmy Neutron's on a mission
Change all the jimmy's to nuked, you've inspired me. You are one the the best players on the server. <3

This is something that I wanted to say on the 27th, but as many of you have noticed I really haven't been the that good of a mental state for the past week. I've had my chat turned off for the majority of the time as my depression has been being triggered by a lot of simple things, apologies to those trying to communicate with me. I've only talked with a few people over the past few weeks because of this, and because talking to them just comforts me. I've been having mental breakdowns a lot over the past week as well as a severe lack of appetite from how much I've been throwing up. I've also left the servers discord channel for now, just due to me current sensitivity on certain topics. If you need to contact me you can either PM me (discord) or try to mail me in game as I occasionally do turn my chat on.

I would like to thank you all for the support, not only to those of you who commented, but also the people that wanted to keep it private. Not just to the people who responded to this, but everyone that has been there for me in some way. You are all important to me as well as the server as a whole. It's just been an amazing community to have been a part of and I've met some truly amazing and important people to my life.

I don't know how long I'm going to be in the state I am now (not really talking to anyone), but I want to assure to everyone, not just the people I've been talking to, that I'm going to be okay. I've spent most of my time these past weeks either talking with the people I trust, randomly flying around the server, or just laying in bed, mostly crying. I am improving though, however slow it seems, things are getting better. You guys are all to thank for that, thanks for having me as part of the community and thank you for all the support you've given me.

-NukedIceCream