• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road Building Society
Hello there. I would like to tell you about the Road Building Society (RBS)

I. Creation of the RBS

Long time ago After the reset, Halberdson start three roads from the spawn point:
  • Western spawn road
  • Northern spawn road
  • Eastern spawn road
He finished the Western spawn road and stopped the others two near a jungle and a desert respectively. After that he started a fork of the Western spawn road named the Northwestern traverse road, but quit the server before finishing it.

He give me permission to continue his work, and after some time alone, some others people take attention to our work and make there own road or continue previous one.

I decide then to make a tutorial and a warehouse for road building purpose at /warp road

II. Rules

Some simple rules have been created to protect the roads while permitting build alongside:
  1. respect the server rules ;
  2. respect the schematics ;
  3. ask others if you can built near their houses, respect there choice even if they are not OK ;
  4. road builders abandon their 100 blocks right around the road, except three blocks above it and in front of an unfinished one ;
  5. be creative for the bridges and tunnels.
The first rule is a given, but better tell than not.
The second asks to respect the pattern, it's quite important to standardizing the road and make easy fork.
The third can seem to be the same than the first but it's an invitation to ask permission to build near some house.
Three things for the forth one:
  • first, abandoning the 100 blocks right gives auto permission to other to build near the road (as long as there is not somebody else already) ;
  • second, the exception of the three block above the road is so horse riders can still use the road and that no one build a stair on the road taking more than half the road (yes, it happen) while permitting to build above the road ;
  • third, the exception to the front of the unfinished one is so no one build just in front of a work in progress (yes, it also happen, two times).
The fifth one is an invitation to show your creativity by building a splendid work of art around the road when bridges and tunnels are needed.

III. Roads

So what roads did we got up till now:
  1. The Circle road around the spawn point ;
  2. From the Spawn point, the main hub:
    1. The Western spawn road starting west of the spawn point, finished near a cove ;
      • The Verte prairie road a wood fork passing through my farm ;
      • The Northwestern traverse road a fork giving access to :
        • The Candy garden road, a road passing near the candy garden giving access to:
          • The Canyon road, a road passing through a canyon that Shisuan is currently building ;
          • The Azurean road, a road passing above the ocean on a multiple arched wood bridge.
        • The Pumpkin road, a road passing in front of the Pumpkin nightclub ;
      • an unnammed fork near Circle road which nearly complete on it near Northern spawn road, doesn't respect the pattern ;
    2. The Eastern spawn road starting east of the spawn point, stopped near a desert ;
      • The Southeastern traverse road, joining the Eastern spawn road and the Northwestern well road
    3. The Northern spawn road starting north of the spawn point, still in progress above the jungle ;
  3. From the Well, a secondary hub:
    1. The Eastern well road ;
    2. The Southern well road ;
    3. The Northwestern well road.

IV. Conclusion

I advertise the RBS so more people take the tutorial before building a road or a portion of it on the Spawn road net. I hope also that more people will join our society to build the roads but also to travel it and brought to the attention of the staff any grief or house builders misconduct around the road.

I invite you to at least visit the HQ and take the tutorial. See you soon on the server.

No one joins Jelly please, I am a secluded skeleton.

I'll check it out.

I'll be checking it out.

Also, Firegene, what the hell with all that extra space

(04-19-2017, 01:28 AM)Nether_Ruler Wrote: I'll be checking it out.

Also, Firegene, what the hell with all that extra space boi

uuuuumm...

for me it just shows a whole page of blank space.

and I'd love to help with the roads sometime!

(04-19-2017, 02:53 AM)Nether_Ruler Wrote: for me it just shows a whole page of blank space.

and I'd love to help with the roads sometime!

I typed my reply, held Enter for a while and then put in a .
Tongue

(04-19-2017, 02:53 AM)Nether_Ruler Wrote: and I'd love to help with the roads sometime!

That's cool, thanks.

(04-19-2017, 03:47 AM)firegene Wrote: I typed my reply, held Enter for a while and then put in a .
Tongue

But why?  Huh

By the way, I'm recently built a bridge on the azurean road where I putting players' personnal banner on each pillar. I need three copies (two for the bridge, 1 for the memorial next to it) of each and I have 5 more position to go. Don't hesitate to had your own by yourself or give me copies of your banner so I put it myself. Until now we have Lahoura's, ThatGoodSir's, _JELLy__'s, Aaronmcpg's and mine.

(04-23-2017, 12:19 PM)Ju gatsu mikka Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 02:53 AM)Nether_Ruler Wrote: and I'd love to help with the roads sometime!

That's cool, thanks.

(04-19-2017, 03:47 AM)firegene Wrote: I typed my reply, held Enter for a while and then put in a .
Tongue

But why?  Huh

By the way, I'm recently built a bridge on the azurean road where I putting players' personnal banner on each pillar. I need three copies (two for the bridge, 1 for the memorial next to it) of each and I have 5 more position to go. Don't hesitate to had your own by yourself or give me copies of your banner so I put it myself. Until now we have Lahoura's, ThatGoodSir's, _JELLy__'s, Aaronmcpg's and mine.

Great idea folks I might even help.

Is there a South road gonna be built as well?
Come visit my base and shop at:

/WARP MESA

(04-23-2017, 07:09 PM)undormant Wrote: Is there a South road gonna be built as well?

I'm currently working on it. There will be two roads circling the South sea with a jonction on the south of the South sea.

Here are the network as of january 2018, roads worked on are bold, new roads underlined:

1. The Circle road around the spawn point ;
  2. From the Spawn point, the main hub:
    1. The Western spawn road starting west of the spawn point, finished near a cove ;
      • The Verte prairie road a wood fork passing through my farm and becoming the South sea west coast road after it ;
      • The Northwestern traverse road a fork giving access to :
        • The Candy garden road, a road passing near the candy garden giving access to:
          • The Canyon road, a road passing through a canyon that Shisuan built ;
          • The Azurean road, a road passing above the ocean on a multiple arched wood bridge and giving access to:
            • The renamed Nether road, a road passing through the nether, it currently is redecorated ;
            • An Yet unnamed road.
        • The Pumpkin road, a road passing in front of the Pumpkin nightclub, a bit prolongated ;
      • The Riverwood road which go to the Unnammed nortwest spawn road ;
    2. The Eastern spawn road starting east of the spawn point, a bride have been made to go in the desert ;
      • The Southeastern traverse road, joining the Eastern spawn road and the Northwestern well road
    3. The Northern spawn road starting north of the spawn point, passing above the jungle, then under the sea and further, currently end near Winterville ;
    4. The Unnammed northwest spawn road.
  3. From the Well, a secondary hub:
    1. The Eastern well road ;
    2. The Southern well road, givin access to the Road Building Society. From there:
      • The Road Building Society road, a road passing through the Road Building Society and joining the Eastern well road ;
      • The South sea east coast road.
    3. The Northwestern well road, had been prolongated, passing through a canyon and joining the Eastern spawn road at a second point.