• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schematica (Client side mod)
So there is this mod called schematica. It is a client side mod that does not provide any physical item, block, etc etc. Basically what it does is it lets you load .schematic files from your schematic folder and make "Ghost" versions of them, that is it makes slightly bluish semi transparent blocks that are purely visual, they do not really exist, you can walk through them, cant mine them, or interact with them in anyway. The purpose of this mod for me is to create schematics of builds i make in creative and be able to build them more easily in survival without having to /home to creative look at the build /home to survival /fly to fly again (As switching worlds gets rid of fly) and then place a few blocks only to have to do it again when i forget what the build looks like. As i said, it provides no physical benefit, i cant make diamonds out of thin air or xray with it or break other people's builds, it is just a visual mod that makes building easier for me. I was wondering if such a mod is permitted on HT and I'm posting to the threads to provide visibility in case anyone else had a similar mod question.
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

I like this idea, but if we had it i would probably not use it. Usually i know the dimensions of my builds, so i would never need this mod when building.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

Well ehm I actually used the mod already before. For just "exporting" the schematic of a creative build to a survival build. The constant switching between world's can be really annoying...
Let the STEAK rule!!!

I've never used it personally, but I do know of numerous other people who have without consequences. I'd imagine it would be allowed, but confirm with staff, I suppose.
you can't take trash out of the oven
[Image: UvdzAjN.png]

I discussed it with aray (she was the one who suggested i post to the forums), the mod iteself is completely CLIENT based so the server doesn't install anything and anyone who wants to use it would have to go download the mod themselves
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

This is fine, doesn't give you an unfair advantage over others.
[Image: sVvtyQE.jpg]

Few (else I would have been banned like every day...)

it helps for not switching world's berry good
Let the STEAK rule!!!