• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Using Speed 6+ (here's why)
So I've noticed that a lot of vip3's do not know about the rule of /speed. The rule is to not go above /speed 5 if you are flying. Changing your speed to 6+ while walking is okay, but flying not so much. The reason is by flying at speed 6+ you are loading in chunks at an alarming rate which can overload the server. And this is not bs either. Before I joined hometown I crashed my friend's server multiple times using speed 10 while flying to fill in a map of my area. The server got quickly overwhelmed and crashed multiple times. Granted I kept doing it because I was being stupid but you get the point. Don't use /speed 6+ because anything over 5 creates risk of overloading the server. And you might think "well 6 can't be that bad as 10," but if more than one person is using speed 6 at a time, it can leave lead to some server lag or worse crashing the server. So for y'all vip3's, don't use /speed above 5 if you are flying. 

Also this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2v0MTIlc1E
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

When ./speed was released, i overused ./speed 10 like a madman. Propably my overdose lead to the ./speed 5 max rule...

Now days, the speed ends up killing me more than saving me from creepers. Kinda ironic.
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

bump

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Plus, it generates elevated thoron emissions in the plasma field as a byproduct, threatening the formation of a subspace rift and the subsequent destablization of spacetime. So until a functioning transphasic warp plugin comes along, don't do it!!

This is true great Momoo!

(07-10-2017, 05:20 AM)AmbularD Wrote: Plus, it generates elevated thoron emissions in the plasma field as a byproduct, threatening the formation of a subspace rift and the subsequent destablization of spacetime.  So until a functioning transphasic warp plugin comes along, don't do it!!

Wat
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015!