• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: ixObscurity (formerly known as ixRaine - just in case since I have just recently changed my name)

Reason for your ban: Xraying

Who banned you: frostVincent

Why should you be unbanned: With all due respect, I did not use any types of hack, nor was I xraying. I understand why the admins or mods might think so for I have around 56 diamonds on me at the time of suspect (I do apologize for my grammar). The reason that I was told why I was being suspected of xraying was that I found diamonds under a stone. This is actually a technique I learned while watching Youtubers play on UHC or so, like Huahwi. When they find diamonds, they would dig around the area that the diamond ore block was connected to, right, left, up and under, even sideways sometimes. So, that's what I did. Having a fortune 3, efficiency 4 (I think), unbreaking 3, and mending pickaxe, I just swing it around the area where I find either emeralds, redstones, or diamond ores. That was how I found the diamond ore under the stone ore. When Frost said that I found the diamond under the stone, I was a bit confused, since I was not used to the term "stone ore" and I just gave him a "?". I'm sorry. If I was indeed lying and was really xraying, well, since I am already banned, I would come out and admitted it and beg for your forgiveness. However, since I did not use any cheats to play on this nor on any other server, I can only ask for you to read and think about my reasoning/appeal. Thank you for your time and hard work. What I have attached is a screenshot of the texture pack that I've used. I am not sure if it would help prove my innonence or anything but it's all that I have. I have the game output as well but the files are too large to upload as attachments so I've attached the first game output screenie. Please let me know where I can upload the rest if needed.

Why do you want to come back: I have met a lot of good friends on this server. This is the only place where I can actually play like in survival mode but with actual people that I can talk to and hangout with. There are other servers as well that maybe I can do this on but it just isn't the same. I sincerely do enjoy my time here on Hometowm server and hope to be back soon or anytime that the admins or moderators allow me to be so. I have not broken any rules, besides being the suspect of using an xray cheat. I have also tried helping out as many players without asking for any returns whenever I can. I really do wish to be back but I understand if Frost or anyone still think that I am using cheats and shouldn't be allowed back on the server anymore. Since it is their job to ensure that the server is without griefs and hacks, if I can't prove my innocence, then I can't actually do anything. I just want to say: Thank you for making this server. I loved it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There was much more proof than that single part. On multiple occasions you would mine directly towards a diamond vein with random curved mining patterns. On the area that you uncovered diamonds hidden beneath stone, you did not dig around other ores, you just went straight to the diamond. We don't ban for the amount of diamonds in your inventory, we ban from the evidence of the mines. I will provide screenshots of your suspicious mining patterns once I have access to my computer. Remember that honestly will get you unbanned

(07-25-2017, 09:16 AM)frost Wrote: There was much more proof than that single part. On multiple occasions you would mine directly towards a diamond vein with random curved mining patterns. On the area that you uncovered diamonds hidden beneath stone, you did not dig around other ores, you just went straight to the diamond. We don't ban for the amount of diamonds in your inventory, we ban from the evidence of the mines. I will provide screenshots of your suspicious mining patterns once I have access to my computer. Remember that honestly will get you unbanned

Yes, I know that honesty will get me unbanned. However, I am telling you the actual truth. I did NOT use any form of hacks nor xray. I do understand that you might think I did and that I can't actually prove my innocence. After all, these are just words.

I would honestly come out and admitted it if I was actually really xrayed. I really do want to be back on the server. I would apologize and beg to be back, but I didn't xrayed. So, again, thank you very much for your time but I won't apologize for something that I did not do. No matter how much I want to get unbanned.

Since I'm probably never getting unbanned, please take care of this kid for me. We don't know each other in real life or are that close but I'm worried about him. We just met and talked on the server. His user is C0reyl. He's often bullied and is suicidal. Please look after him. Thank you.

We looked back at the mines and determined that your ban was rushed and the evidence although suspicious, was not enough for a ban under the normal circumstances as luck was not fully considered. I apologize for this as it is rare that a ban was this rushed. There's been a large influx of hackers on lately and that just made me a little too over the edge with investigating X-ray. I've unbanned you and sent you a private msg about repaying you for your troubles. Again I apologize for the inconvenience