• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Both

Minecraft name: spartan1960

Reason for your ban: SMP: Disrespect/annoyance
                                Discord: Can't remember since it was ages ago but im pretty sure i posted something a little                                                  over the edge

Who banned you: Star/Saiyaka

Why should you be unbanned: Was actually enjoying my time until i uncontrollably just got annoyed myself and started flaming, but I assure you that will never happen again. Furthermore, I would just like to make it clear that I am NOT a racist, sexist, homophobe and all else under the sun that i was called behind my back after I got banned. Coming from someone like me, it's pretty low to start slandering me about who I am from just a few lines of text, especially when thinking that I would never find out. Yes, I did not make a good first impression for sure, and yes though i never mean to offend anyone from what I say, I would like to take the opportunity to say that i am sorry if anyone did feel offended by my joke(s). The same applies for when I told a cocky joke to Rayvenz, the staff member that reported me, it was a joke and I am sorry for not making it so clear. I also apologise for any offence caused when I had a go at another player who provoked me a little.

As for the discord ban, i vaguely remember that what I posted did not stick to the rules as such, however the picture was more so in the "grey area", I believe which I will try not to do again, sorry about that.

Why do you want to come back: Essentially, I have a build that I have been planning for the while and I have found the ideal location etc etc. Additionally, I would just like to spend my time with the few friends that I have (I know, coming from the staff that will read my ban appeal, yes somehow people like my horrid toxic behaviour) since I have known them for a long time. I promise to try and refrain from stirring up pointless arguments that will most likely offend someone. 

(08-16-2017, 04:04 AM)Admok Wrote: but I assure you that will never happen again.

This is like the billionth time that you've been warned for your behavior. Just because you don't get banned doesn't mean it isn't serious, and we've been patient with you over and over and over again. Why is it so hard for you to just be on good behavior? I don't have this issue, most other people don't have this issue. It's not that hard to think about what you say before you say it, and acting like a dick to everyone over a joke just crossed the line for me, the line which you keep on attempting to push periodically.

"[15:12:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT]
[Experienced] NubAdu >> all i hear is WAAAAA"

This for me just clearly shows your intentions, and your childish state of mind when approaching other people and being social on ht. It's just so unnecessary for this kind of behavior to exist, but nothing has changed in the years that you've been here. Why should we believe that you're suddenly a changed person now? Why should we give you the 100001st undeserved chance?
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]

(08-16-2017, 11:15 AM)Saiyaka Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 04:04 AM)Admok Wrote: but I assure you that will never happen again.

This is like the billionth time that you've been warned for your behavior. Just because you don't get banned doesn't mean it isn't serious, and we've been patient with you over and over and over again. Why is it so hard for you to just be on good behavior? I don't have this issue, most other people don't have this issue. It's not that hard to think about what you say before you say it, and acting like a dick to everyone over a joke just crossed the line for me, the line which you keep on attempting to push periodically.

"[15:12:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT]
[Experienced] NubAdu >> all i hear is WAAAAA"

This for me just clearly shows your intentions, and your childish state of mind when approaching other people and being social on ht. It's just so unnecessary for this kind of behavior to exist, but nothing has changed in the years that you've been here. Why should we believe that you're suddenly a changed person now? Why should we give you the 100001st undeserved chance?

From the last time I have been been banned I don't believe that I have actually recieved a warning. In fact I remember rarely even going online after I was unbanned. So as a matter of fact, I actually was just banned without a warning just now, though that may not be an excuse. 

Additionally, you have quoted only one part of my appeal which makes me feel that you didn't necessarily analyse the rest of it. As for that one quote from chat, you didnt seem to put any context behind and and thus made a analysis on a small bit of text in which I don't necessarily agree with. I believe the context behind that quote was that I was in an argument after the joke that I have told, which I then said to everyone else to seriously chill and that it was only a joke, but people carried on; i just said that all that is going on is that people are moaning over and over all because of a joke. Needless to say, the joke in question was a quote from a meme that I have found. It was a sexist joke. It was a joke with poor poor poor taste. I totally do not believe in that sort of ideology and that it was even wrong for me to say it. It was a joke too far. Though as that joke may be sexist and bad, the jokes that other people were telling at that time were completely transphobic, which I thought would be completely unacceptable too especially according to the philosophy this server upholds.

Also to point out that even before I got banned, I apologised several times in chat as well for the joke that I have made as it was in poor taste. I also apologised for the argument as well, but that wasn't quoted in your reply. 

"but nothing has changed in the years that you've been here. "

Here I really feel that I should point out something. How can you say that after YEARS I have just remained a dickhead and just terrorised the server like some mega troll. You haven't given me those millions of merciful warnings like you suggest. The first time I got banned was because of my constant attitude towards staff, which I have apologised accordingly and never made the same mistake again, except from the brief encounter with Rayvenz the other day. That is to say that I only had that attitude to staff, not to anyone else; with your message you seem to make it as though I just had a constant problem with everyone all the time.

Whenever i get into an argument I place my points with validation and when I get flamed in response I now stop the argument altogether, rather than before where i kept getting told to stop an argument. I guess being in an argument is a dickish action, im not sure, since there never seems to be any repercussions for the other adversary. 

It's also funny how it seems that I am the dickhead that only says truly damaging things and never contribute to anything to the server, yet all I got from this response to my ban appeal is flame, poor quoting and poor analytical skills.

If everything I say is truly just offensive and dickish, please, you can just mute me from chat whilst i continue to just do my own thing, and if I did offend anyone for whatever I have said, I am apologising once again for what I have said. I never mean anyone any harm ever.

With this reply I do not want to make it sound like I am playing the victim card and that everyone is wrong and only i am the one who is right. It is not the case. I have made a mistake in that evening where i flamed a little and made a joke in poor taste, in which I have apologised for before i got banned and during this ban appeal. I am, however, stating that I feel that this response is a rushed attempt in just trying to say "no I just don't like you as a person and you're just wasting my time". The quote you have used from my ban appeal is so cherry picked, as for the small phrase of a quote that you have quoted me from the whole conversations that ensued the evening I got banned was but a mere 5 words; definitely NOT enough to show poetically how I only want to be a childish "dick" that just wants to flame and cause everyone offense for just existing. That analysis is just a bit off especially with just that as a quote.

I know the tactic used in ban appeals is to try to roast someone to oblivion to make them feel guilty and cry and belittle them as much as possible so that if they reply to the thread, it can only be almost a beg to come back to the server. I certainly felt that last time and deservingly so too. However this time it is not so much. Maybe the next reply will show how much of a c***ish childish "dick" i am for everyone to see so that i submit, but for now, I really don't see what I can do more to make it show that I am not the person that is pictured in your head.

This just proves you learned nothing. Your head is so far shoved up your own ass that not only do you insult my integrity and intelligence by claiming that I'm cherry picking quotes and that I'm too stupid to understand how to put quotes into context, you think that your response is somehow conducive to getting unbanned. I read the entire chatlog. I read your whole ban appeal. Me picking out something that I have a specific problem with is not "cherry picking" because even WITH context it's still you being a childish dick in chat, which is what I claimed, is it not? Your response to people complaining about the joke wasn't "I'm sorry if I offended people, it was just a joke and I didn't mean any harm" it was "dont u guys kno memes stop crying WAAAAA." And you're seriously telling me it was taken out of context? As if it doesn't make you childish? Get real.

I already know your views on all of this. The sudden 180 shift in attitude that you have on your ban appeal is pretty clearly disingenuous, especially given your response. I know you don't care about making sexist jokes. Suddenly talking about how awful they are is counter to the personality you've exhibited for the last however many years you've been here. I personally don't care about the joke. I think everyone else was overreacting. What made me agree to your ban was your attitude about it afterwards. Apologizing doesn't somehow erase everything you did, and it feels more like you're covering your own ass than actually being genuine about it, because again, you say completely different things once it comes to being banned or the threat of being banned. These ban appeals don't exist to flame people or make fun of them. They also don't exist to be told what we want to hear. They exist so that we can evaluate someone so that we can see whether or not their personality fits with the server and its rules, to ensure that hometown stays a fun and welcoming environment.

Look at it from my perspective. You have a history of not really giving a shit about what you say and how you act, and you have this rebellious nature against us and our rules as if we're some kind of oppressive regime. Then you make a controversial joke, handle the situation very disrespectfully acting like a pretentious jerk to everyone, then argue with the staff member feeling completely justified in your actions. Then now suddenly you're soooo sorry about making such a bad, bad, geneva convention breaking joke, and all the feelings you hurt, what an atrocity. Think of the poor children. How believable is that to you?
[Image: tumblr_nfz4m14xkj1toipevo1_400.gif]