Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: MrRonnio

Reason for your ban: Griefing

Who banned you: Rayvenz

Why should you be unbanned: Because their is no harm done back, I didn't put up any resistance. I gave everything back, plus it's not like if I didn't have it there would've been any issues, the beacon had seemed to already been restored, whether that was done by hand or any other reason is beyond me. I thought I could reuse this item, as there was no visible base near by that would have used this beacon. While I would never take from another player, I do believe the owner should have had some sort of claim set up, at the very least a sign on the beacon to signify that is was their mining location. 

Why do you want to come back: Ya'll are a great server, but I do believe that my ban is insignificant. If it's not I had given the material back, so all is well.

(08-21-2017, 05:40 AM)MrRonnio Wrote: Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Why should you be unbanned: Because their is no harm done back, I didn't put up any resistance. I gave everything back, plus it's not like if I didn't have it there would've been any issues, the beacon had seemed to already been restored, whether that was done by hand or any other reason is beyond me. I thought I could reuse this item, as there was no visible base near by that would have used this beacon. While I would never take from another player, I do believe the owner should have had some sort of claim set up, at the very least a sign on the beacon to signify that is was their mining location. 

Why do you want to come back: Ya'll are a great server, but I do believe that my ban is insignificant. If it's not I had given the material back, so all is well.

Evidence: http://imgur.com/a/jrxsO

Grief is stealing/breaking/modifying something that was built by / belongs to another player without their permission. 
This server is anti-grief, and what you did was indeed grief even if you don't believe it.
Yes you did return the beacon, and that was the right thing to do.
But you also lied to me at first about taking the beacon base and told me not to lecture you.
And even after returning what was left you refused to believe what you did was grief and blew it off as if it wasn't a big deal. You were banned and given an appeal because that is the consequence of grief. 
You are not allowed take (grief) anything that appears to be made by a player without asking them first.
Even if the build or items appear to be or are abandon.

Quote:I do believe the owner should have had some sort of claim set up, at the very least a sign on the beacon to signify that is was their mining location. 

I also don't see how or why you believed this beacon was abandon. 
There does not need to be a claim or a sign- it is still grief, it was clearly player owned. Beacons and their bases don't naturally spawn in Minecraft. 

I hope that this now makes sense to you.
Please wait for a mod+ to respond to your appeal. -Thank you~
[Image: IqEDa8l.png][Image: IgRwvbV.gif]

(08-21-2017, 06:13 AM)rayvenz Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 05:40 AM)MrRonnio Wrote: Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Evidence: http://imgur.com/a/jrxsO

Grief is stealing/breaking/modifying something that was built by / belongs to another player. 
This server is anti-grief, and what you did was indeed grief even if you don't believe it.
Yes you did return the beacon, and that was the right thing to do.
But you also lied to me at first about taking the beacon base and told me not to lecture you.
And even after returning what was left you refused to believe what you did was grief and blew it off as if it wasn't a big deal. You were banned and given an appeal because that is the consequence of grief. 
You are not allowed take (grief) anything that appears to be made by a player without that players permission.
Even if the build or items appear to be or are abandon.

Quote:I do believe the owner should have had some sort of claim set up, at the very least a sign on the beacon to signify that is was their mining location. 

I also dont see how or why you believed this beacon was abandon. 
There does not need to be a claim or a sign- it is still grief, it was clearly player owned. Beacons and their bases don't naturally spawn in Minecraft. 

I hope that this now makes sense to you.
Please wait for a mod+ to respond to your appeal. -Thank you~

I did indeed lie, that was not right of me, which is true. I do not find that alone to be eligible for a ban. As for the beacon's location, it was in a mesa biome that was in shambles, with not a base in my sight, the beacon could have easily been placed by a player who no longer attends the server or someone who just did not care for it, which is what I assumed to be the case due to the condition of the area around it. 

As you said I did return the beacon and the blocks, and they were already replaced so what harm was done, I did not feel I needed a lecture for I already knew what my issue was and I fixed it, I personally did not want to listen to the rambling of this Enforcer, even though I do respect them for their role, I apologize if it came across I did not care what you had to say, that was not the case, I merely felt you had already addressed the issue and I could understand the problem and fix it. I do believe my point still stands that It was a fair assumption, and believe I should be able to return to the server.

Quote:I did indeed lie, that was not right of me, which is true. I do not find that alone to be eligible for a ban. As for the beacon's location, it was in a mesa biome that was in shambles, with not a base in my sight, the beacon could have easily been placed by a player who no longer attends the server or someone who just did not care for it, which is what I assumed to be the case due to the condition of the area around it. 

As you said I did return the beacon and the blocks, and they were already replaced so what harm was done, I did not feel I needed a lecture for I already knew what my issue was and I fixed it, I personally did not want to listen to the rambling of this Enforcer, even though I do respect them for their role, I apologize if it came across I did not care what you had to say, that was not the case, I merely felt you had already addressed the issue and I could understand the problem and fix it. I do believe my point still stands that It was a fair assumption, and believe I should be able to return to the server.

Your assumption does not mean it was ok, you wouldn't have come back and returned the beacon if I or its owner hadn't noticed. The beacon was restored through roll back of the area. If you truly did understand you wouldn't have argued that what you did was 'recycling'. 
As i explained, even if something appears to be abandon you may not take it. If you understood, you wouldn't still speak as if your actions are justified. My goal is to prevent future issues.
[Image: IqEDa8l.png][Image: IgRwvbV.gif]

(08-21-2017, 06:42 AM)rayvenz Wrote:
Quote:I did indeed lie, that was not right of me, which is true. I do not find that alone to be eligible for a ban. As for the beacon's location, it was in a mesa biome that was in shambles, with not a base in my sight, the beacon could have easily been placed by a player who no longer attends the server or someone who just did not care for it, which is what I assumed to be the case due to the condition of the area around it. 

Your assumption does not mean it was ok, you wouldn't have come back and returned the beacon if I or its owner hadn't noticed. The beacon was restored through roll back of the area. If you truly did understand you wouldn't have argued that what you did was 'recycling'. 
As i explained, even if something appears to be abandon you may not take it. If you understood, you wouldn't still speak as if your actions are justified.
I speak of it as if I was in the moment, now I realize it was not right, and I still do believe I should come back. I would have indeed returned it if anybody had asked about it, for I like to think I am a nice person. I understand now it was wrong, but in the moment I did not, get me now? My actions were not justified, though that was in the moment, now that we can talk it about it I have returned the items, everything is fixed, I learned my lesson. I still do think I should be able to come back.

Hi, I'm the admin you stole the beacon and base from. General rule of thumb: Don't touch it if you didn't place it. Stealing a beacon alone is bannable, but on top of it you lied to a staff member. Your current attitude towards this ban is a little too "Yeah you caught me, 'I'm sorry' or whatever" (granted all I have are the logs provided by Rayvenz and your above post) for me to unban you. And yes, lying to a staff member is bannable, whether or not you believe it should be. And yes, a lecture was necessary, because you apparently didn't know what grief is, and when you're told it, you said "No, it's recycling". Your point of it being a fair assumption doesn't stand, as in the tutorial there are signs saying "Even if a build seems to be abandoned, do not touch it!" Before I consider unbanning you, I expect your attitude to this issue to sincerely change.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

(08-21-2017, 06:46 AM)Star Wrote: Hi, I'm the admin you stole the beacon and base from. General rule of thumb: Don't touch it if you didn't place it. Stealing a beacon alone is bannable, but on top of it you lied to a staff member. Your current attitude towards this ban is a little too "Yeah you caught me, 'I'm sorry' or whatever" (granted all I have are the logs provided by Rayvenz and your above post) for me to unban you. And yes, lying to a staff member is bannable, whether or not you believe it should be. And yes, a lecture was necessary, because you apparently didn't know what grief is, and when you're told it, you said "No, it's recycling". Your point of it being a fair assumption doesn't stand, as in the tutorial there are signs saying "Even if a build seems to be abandoned, do not touch it!" Before I consider unbanning you, I expect your attitude to this issue to sincerely change.
Hello Star, first off I'd like to apologize for breaking your beacon. This was not right of me, second I am EXTREMELY sorry if my attitude came across as it is, my speech patterns are meant to be sincere but my wording choice is not the best as Gaelic was my first language, a lot is lost in text and I feel guilty about both my tone & actions now. I also want to thank you for giving me a chance to clear this up and help fix the issue, the server is absolutely amazing and friendly to me. I'll promise to follow the rules for sure. I never meant for this to happen, again I am very sorry. I hope I got everything sounding right now, as I have asked for help writing this appeal.

Okie doke, now that that's cleared up, I'm happy to unban you. If there's any question on what you can or can't take, just ask in chat and I'm sure a player will be able to help (if a staff member isn't available). Welcome back to HomeTown.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

(08-21-2017, 10:54 AM)Star Wrote: Okie doke, now that that's cleared up, I'm happy to unban you. If there's any question on what you can or can't take, just ask in chat and I'm sure a player will be able to help (if a staff member isn't available). Welcome back to HomeTown.

I appreciate your kindness Star, evening in this trying time! Thank you very much for the time and hope there was no hard feelings, I am sorry once again!