• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Highland3r

Reason for your ban: I was screwing with an Enforcer by blatantly ignoring the offensive language rule

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe

Why should you be unbanned: I assumed he had a sense of humor but I will not make that assumption again (KIDDING). Seriously though, sorry for giving you a hard time Grimm, I know the rules are in place and I won't use foul language on the server again, it was perfectly reasonable to ban me but I'd appreciate another chance.

Why do you want to come back: My friend (currently under the name RamPag3 or something similar) has played on here for years and I played a ton on the old server (old.hometownmc.com now) with him. It really is a great server I was just screwing around. I'd love to come back on if you'd allow me to. I appreciate your consideration, -Connor.

(08-26-2017, 05:30 AM)Highlander Wrote: Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Reason for your ban: I was screwing with an Enforcer by blatantly ignoring the offensive language rule

Why should you be unbanned: I assumed he had a sense of humor but I will not make that assumption again (KIDDING). Seriously though, sorry for giving you a hard time Grimm, I know the rules are in place and I won't use foul language on the server again, it was perfectly reasonable to ban me but I'd appreciate another chance.

Why do you want to come back: My friend (currently under the name RamPag3 or something similar) has played on here for years and I played a ton on the old server (old.hometownmc.com now) with him. It really is a great server I was just screwing around. I'd love to come back on if you'd allow me to. I appreciate your consideration, -Connor.

Oh, that's swell, you should be able to tell me why the racial/homophobic slurs and disrespectful language you used are not allowed on the server very easily then.  I imagine two paragraphs going over that subject would be more than sufficient, feel free to type more then two though only if you feel it necessary
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

(08-26-2017, 06:33 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote:
(08-26-2017, 05:30 AM)Highlander Wrote: Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Oh, that's swell, you should be able to tell me why the racial/homophobic slurs and disrespectful language you used are not allowed on the server very easily then.  I imagine two paragraphs going over that subject would be more than sufficient, feel free to type more then two though only if you feel it necessary

Thanks! I thought it was pretty swell too. Anyways, two paragraphs? Seems pretty light-handed, you are much more forgiving than my professors. So, here goes. (I assume 3-5 sentences constitutes a paragraph, not counting this obviously.)

"Be respectful to others at all times.  General disrespect, racism, sexism, etc. towards any person, group, organization, or creed will not be tolerated." This rule is stated on the site, which as I said previously, I blatantly ignored as I found it humorous at the time. Obviously I won't be doing this again, and I understand that it offends some people, even though I don't mean what I am saying, and said it in a sarcastic connotation. (For Instance, I didn't call anyone the N-word, but I did break the rules by saying it at all, same goes for, fa**ot, so I am not arguing that there wasn't a valid reason to ban me, there absolutely was, I'm just requesting a second chance)

Other than pointing out that the rule is on the site, I understand that even though I don't personally feel bad for offending people, it is a server rule and one that must be tolerated, especially since it's the first rule listed. I understand why it's a rule, one that is prevalent on most servers, and plan to abide by it in the future if I am allowed back on. And if I did offend anybody, honestly I am sorry, I know everyone is just here to have a good time.

Also, I found the condescending tone with which you replied infuriating, yet I still fulfilled the request as I really would like to continue playing on the server. As I said previously I will not be violating any server rules again, and honestly don't plan on interacting much with the chat either way as my friend and I are normally in a discord call together.

Once again, thank you for your consideration, -Connor

(08-26-2017, 06:47 AM)Highlander Wrote: Thanks! I thought it was pretty swell too. Anyways, two paragraphs? Seems pretty light-handed, you are much more forgiving than my professors. So, here goes. (I assume 3-5 sentences constitutes a paragraph, not counting this obviously.)

"Be respectful to others at all times.  General disrespect, racism, sexism, etc. towards any person, group, organization, or creed will not be tolerated." This rule is stated on the site, which as I said previously, I blatantly ignored as I found it humorous at the time. Obviously I won't be doing this again, and I understand that it offends some people, even though I don't mean what I am saying, and said it in a sarcastic connotation. (For Instance, I didn't call anyone the N-word, but I did break the rules by saying it at all, same goes for, fa**ot, so I am not arguing that there wasn't a valid reason to ban me, there absolutely was, I'm just requesting a second chance)

Other than pointing out that the rule is on the site, I understand that even though I don't personally feel bad for offending people, it is a server rule and one that must be tolerated, especially since it's the first rule listed. I understand why it's a rule, one that is prevalent on most servers, and plan to abide by it in the future if I am allowed back on. And if I did offend anybody, honestly I am sorry, I know everyone is just here to have a good time.

Also, I found the condescending tone with which you replied infuriating, yet I still fulfilled the request as I really would like to continue playing on the server. As I said previously I will not be violating any server rules again, and honestly don't plan on interacting much with the chat either way as my friend and I are normally in a discord call together.

Once again, thank you for your consideration, -Connor

If I'm going to remain honest; I'm quite amiable with people who make a sincere appeal, heavy-handed with liars, and annoyed by people I feel waste my time.

It's clear you have a good grasp on our rules, yet I had to repeatedly kick, warn, and then ban you for chat issues.  When it comes to the rules, you either know them or you don't.  Ignorance is easier forgiven than flippancy in that regard, which is why I'm cross with you.  In any case, this isn't a hardcore ban, you've accomplished what I asked of you, and we're squared away.  Please, be aware that further breaking of HT rules may result in a permanent ban.

Welcome back to HomeTownMC, your account will be unbanned shortly after this post.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook