• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on: I was banned on the SMP.

Minecraft name: ItsNotSarah

Reason for your ban: X-Ray

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe

Why should you be unbanned: Okay, to start, I will %100 admit I did use the x-ray resource pack. I knew from the start that it was a bad idea, but the mistake on my part was that I did it anyway. This was a really terrible choice of mine and I wish I didn't do it, and now I learned my lesson. I never tried this texture pack and I used it for a few minutes because I was curious. Again, I'm not making excuses, I'm fully admitting my mistake. I used it to get diamonds, and I should have worked for them myself because cheating is no way to play a game where everyone should be playing on an equal level of fairness. I seem to be the kind of person who is sadly impatient and rushed which is a bad thing to be but I am that way sometimes on accident. Fairness is a big part of every server, I believe, and if fairness isn't achieved I think that you can't quite call a server a community. It is okay if a staff member does not forgive me, as I am in complete guilt, even though that changes nothing, but I can understand why someone would not forgive a cheater.
What I should have done was fairly gotten the ores like any other player would have, and worked for them. I will gladly give up the diamonds that I received, which was 17, or 18 or something. Or all of my diamonds, that's fine too. Pretty much anything to get me unbanned because this server is really dear to me, and losing it forever like I thought I would when I was banned would make my heart sink. And I hope you don't think I'm lying or making up anything, because honestly, this is probably in my top favorite servers, even if I can't be super active everyday. Cheating isn't anyway to get anything, because it wouldn't be fair to the people who work hours to get plenty of diamonds while I just did it in a matter of minutes. I don't really know what was going through my mind when I was using the texture pack, but I know I was in the middle of doing some caving when I had the quite idiotic idea of turning it on, so I did and got the diamonds, when I went to my house, then was teleported to jail, where someone (I cant recall the username) asked why I had been using x-ray, and I was typing a reply when I was then banned. All I felt after that was regret.
I completely understand, too, that x-ray is a bit more difficult to get myself unbanned with, and either way, I'm willing to try. I didn't just write this for no reason, I really care about this kind of stuff. Getting banned forever, especially on this server, would seriously make me feel down for a while. My friends in real life play on this server with me all the time and the idea of being suddenly dis-included in everything on the server wouldn't make me feel so great either. I really hope you consider this, and if you don't, that's alright, but I want you to know I put my effort into it, whether I get unbanned or not.
Why do you want to come back: Hometown SMP is such a great community and I feel so welcomed and at home on the server, even if I'm not a bought rank, and I think that's really important. I've built relationships here, made friends, and built things that I would hate to give up. Like stated before, me and my friends all play on here together and honestly it's probably the best server we go on to communicate and have fun. It's just such a nice server to sort of relax but also work on things at the same time, any I could play on here for hours, which I don't usually find on many servers I play, as I get bored of many after time, but on Hometown, I feel like there's always something new to do and this server is really close to my heart. If I were back, I would continue to help contribute to the server all that I can and even invite new players if I could. Like I said, this servers mean sooo much to me and anything to get me back on would be so great. I don't regret writing a lot for this appeal because I'll do what it takes to return to the server. Thank you so much.

I'm glad you came to this conclusion by yourself and without the staff-team asking you to think about it, it shows to me that you do care a lot about this server and put in the effort to be unbanned. I do appreciate that. You've been unbanned before this comment is even posted. Please, don't break the rules further; you may end up banned without a chance to appeal/apologize.

Welcome back to HomeTownMC SMP.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

(09-23-2017, 12:19 AM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote: I'm glad you came to this conclusion by yourself and without the staff-team asking you to think about it, it shows to me that you do care a lot about this server and put in the effort to be unbanned.  I do appreciate that.  You've been unbanned before this comment is even posted.  Please, don't break the rules further; you may end up banned without a chance to appeal/apologize.

Welcome back to HomeTownMC SMP.

Thank you so much. However I just came into the issue of trying to relog, it still says I am banned, but now it says I'm banned by Kat. I was wondering if you could help.

Oh I'm really sorry! I will unban you. Sorry for the confusion u,u
- KatNip

(09-24-2017, 11:13 PM)TheOnlyKat Wrote: Oh I'm really sorry! I will unban you. Sorry for the confusion u,u

No problem at all! Thanks again.