• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned/Inactive Player Builds
Information 
During my time on HT, one common question I've seen is whether or not an old build can be removed from a player who is either banned or has been inactive for an extended period of time (not a couple months, but more like 6 or 7 months). Typically the build is smallish or not very well developed, basically no one asks to remove things like towns or large bases with multiple farms. My question is, can we have an official response to this on the forums so that players know when they can ask for a build removal? Or is it too conditional? For instance, the time limit seems to vary depending on whether the person asking has a claim to the land, if its nearish to their base, in their town, or ruining the "ambiance" of a town or large public build. I've searched through the forums for "banned" and did not see anything about old banned or inactive builds, so apologies if this has already been answered. I think it would be a useful piece of information as players could now have a general idea of when they can ask for a build to be removed instead of having to pester staff. Also, I was unsure of where to put this thread, so if it's in the wrong forum, someone let me know.
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]

I know that this is nearish the top of the list, but bump- I have similar problems, but with LARGE constructs of old buildings in the Hunter and Heaven towns on my border. I'm a veteran and have had claims to that land but because BronsonSHEN and other old players built many signs and chests, I can't completely clean up those areas. My complex needs more land, so if this can get answered soon, then it'd be much appreciated.
Roger, Roger.

My advice for you two, Is just wait a little while to see if the player gets on and plays or anything. If that does not happen then if they have been inactive more than 7 months i would contact a staff member and they should clear up the cloud with this issue.
"La vida es la felicidad Alegría y Gracia"
HT Rules
https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=13&pid=27#pid27

I have a similar problem with "Seductive_Duck", who has been offline over a year. They had a base near mine, and built a nether portal, so my nether portal links to theirs in the nether. The problem is they built a house around the portal in the nether, and put a LOCKED DOOR on it. So when I go through my portal in the overworld, I end up in Seductive_Duck's locked house in the nether and can't get out.

I don't really want to ask to have all their builds rolled back, I just want to be able to get out of the locked house in the nether without griefing.

Is there a place to request this on the forums, or do I have to ask an admin in-game?

TEO

(11-03-2017, 09:00 PM)TEO Wrote: I have a similar problem with "Seductive_Duck", who has been offline over a year. They had a base near mine, and built a nether portal, so my nether portal links to theirs in the nether. The problem is they built a house around the portal in the nether, and put a LOCKED DOOR on it. So when I go through my portal in the overworld, I end up in Seductive_Duck's locked house in the nether and can't get out.

I don't really want to ask to have all their builds rolled back, I just want to be able to get out of the locked house in the nether without griefing.

Is there a place to request this on the forums, or do I have to ask an admin in-game?

TEO
Contact any staffmember in game and you will get help with this issue, it's against the rules to lock up netherportals.
xo

The official rule as far as Im aware off is: After 3 months being banned or not logged in we can remove buildings.

(11-04-2017, 12:00 AM)shisuan Wrote: The official rule as far as Im aware off is: After 3 months being banned or not logged in we can remove buildings.

Thats only if they have built too close to someone else
- KatNip

I've been looking for an Ocean Monument/Sea Temple, and found one that has not been looted. BUT it has a sign on it indicating that another player has claimed it. That player hasn't been online recently. So how long do I have to wait before I can knock down that sign and claim the monument for myself? I'm tempted to use claim blocks on the monument, but that probably is against the rules because of the sign.

Does putting up a second sign give me any rights if the other player never comes back?

TEO

a sign is not a claim.

Then no need to wait. I am starting work on it. I've put down claim blocks, built a platform at the surface, with a caisson down to the monument, and drained the caisson. Just about ready to crack the monument and go hunting Elder Guardians.

TEO