• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infernoclaw6
(09-30-2017, 10:08 AM)Geckorian Wrote: That is not to say that Grimm is without some blame. By posting those private mails here and allowing this thread to spin as it has one could argue that Grimm has violated rule 1: be respectful.

In closing, I personally think this thread should not continue and should be closed. To Infernoclaw I would say, stay out of things that don't involve you. To Grimm, private mail and msg should stay private. Yes Admins have social spy so anything said is seen by any Admin using it, however I don't feel you should have posted them here. And my final thought for all is that this should have never been a thread on the forums. It was a private dispute between Grimm and Ifernoclaw and should have been handled by the two of them in a DC channel privately.

I'd like to start off by saying that I respect you and your opinions, an [Enforcer]'s opinion is always important and appreciated.

The wording of the rule on respecting others pertains to personal accountability in regards to insults or offensive statements.  Yes, I posted the mail I received directly from Inferno but I didn't tell people to post their replies, nor have I or anyone else have said anything in particularly disrespectful (ad hominem/generally offensive) to Inferno.  Because of that, I do not believe the rule on disrespect has been broken.

As for the publication of mails or PMs sent to a person, I will agree that we have differing yet equally valid opinions on the matter.  I believe any messages sent to any players becomes the property of both parties, which either party may do with as they see fit.  In this case, I personally believe I maintain the right to use any messages sent to me how I see fit; just as anyone else should be allowed.  By my understanding of your comment, you side with the intent of the message.  In this case, being privatized, which would warrant them to be discussed outside of public view via Discord.  That's fine too only if both parties agree to those terms.  In this regard, Inferno failed to approach me in that manner and vice versa in response.  In this regard, I can empathize with your opinion of a tactless approach being used by myself in response to-what I consider-a tactless mail, which would justify the desire to close this thread.  As Kat said earlier, "If another staff disagrees then we would tell that person."  Because you disagree with the approach I used in regards to Inferno and the results of said approach, I'll close this thread out of respect of your position as an [Enforcer] and a friend.

As for you, Inferno, I received your mail in-game and I accept your apology.  Closing thread.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook