• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I don't really know why I was banned
Hello. I honestly don't know why I was banned. My ban message says I was banned for having a toxic attitude, but I don't know in what way I have had a toxic attitude. I actually really love HT, my town, and most of the server's members. I would really like to know exactly why I have been banned so that I can make a proper appeal.

I just wanna start off by throwing this out here (provided by Frosts ban appeal format)

"IF YOU ARE NOT BANNED:

Do not post on an appeal UNLESS:

- You are involved in the ban as either a victim, offender, staff-member, or witness providing tangible, objective evidence. If you do not fit any of these categories, you will be dealt with appropriately on the content and context of your message/s"

I feel like I sort of fit this criteria, that being said... https://imgur.com/a/UhdeE

**Also wanna throw out there you did around 280 blocks of damage to my castle**
[Image: fghXbip.png]

Alright, I know that looks bad, but as little as it's worth, I would just like to say that I was being totally sarcastic with any of my insults, (I also realize now that I shouldn't of called them a cunt), and with any of my name calling. I wasn't trying to be offensive or start any fights. I called them a latte. Unless being called a latte is triggering for them, which if so, I am sorry, I don't know how that was offensive. I also wasn't sure if Pumpkin was actually offended or if she was playing along with my nonsense.

Also, thank you Naut for showing me what I did.

I would also like to know if this thread would be sufficient as an appeal or if you want me to make another in the proper structure.

Please update your appeal to the proper format. Thank you.
https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3
[Image: IqEDa8l.png][Image: IgRwvbV.gif]

Ok, thanks.

I also just want to mention, since joining back in June, I've changed a lot as a person and worked to make myself a better player for the community. As for you, nothing has really changed considering most of your time on the server you're instigating other players, trash talking, and causing all sorts of trouble. Offensive is in your nature and I find it hard to believe that you didn't understand what you were doing, I see in you what I saw in myself, and its just not acceptable.
[Image: fghXbip.png]

I agree with what Naut has posted. Many times over the past three months - or more, I've had a number complaints and reports that you have been upsetting people and calling them offensive names, For example one of these offensive names are used to discriminate against ones sexual orientation. Very often you have caused disarray in the global chat, arguing with nearly everything even when it does not involve you. Many of these outbreaks you refused to listen to reason and continued to work up chat. 
Recently discovered, you have caused 280 blocks of grief to a single user. It is believed you did this out of anger, however that does not justify your actions whatsoever. 
 I am well aware you dislike the rules in place on the server, however just because you dislike them does not mean that you can go against them without being banned. They are in place to keep the server a fun and safe environment for the majority of the users.  
You have had many chances to follow the rules, become on better terms with the users and make friends. But it has only come back to this each time. 
[Image: IqEDa8l.png][Image: IgRwvbV.gif]

(10-18-2017, 08:58 AM)Infernoclaw6790 Wrote: Hello. I honestly don't know why I was banned. My ban message says I was banned for having a toxic attitude, but I don't know in what way I have had a toxic attitude. I actually really love HT, my town, and most of the server's members. I would really like to know exactly why I have been banned so that I can make a proper appeal.

You've got to be kidding me, right?  Ever since this fiasco, I've been cataloging every little snide comment you've made.  I warned you, "You're not the first person to go down this road and it will end poorly for you if you continue, and you do not want to be the next person with the proverbial inch-thick file on.  For your own sake-and I stress this highly-quit while that choice is still within your own volition."

Evidence being held against you, read at your own leisure, folks: https://imgur.com/a/miy6f

Just some of the highlights from your one-sided rant when Kirk wanted a town-rule, among other things:
[Image: p3zSrlH.jpg]

[Image: jGcodSc.png]

[Image: hOQjcYI.png]

[Image: o8PpnTo.png]

You seriously just complain about everything and shit-talk the staff-team when possible.  I took all of this to FrostVINCENT, too.  He and I both agree you hurt the player-base with your nonsense, libelous statements, and toxic nature in chat.  You calling a player a cunt in global chat was all that we needed to fully justify banning you.  It's not just Frost and I, you've stepped on the toes of the whole staff-team.  This is not a Grimm v. Inferno thing or even a staff v. Inferno thing like you want to believe either, this is a community v. Inferno thing.  This is what I was warning you about.  When I told chat you got banned, there was a figurative sigh of relief from multiple people who began commenting.  Literally, anyone you've offended-such as the case of Naut and Rayz-may post on this appeal and present what you've done to them or others, as they are witnesses.  You may not have a problem with most players, but a good chunk of players have a problem with you.  Think about it.  Everything you've done may be brought up here, and I simply cannot believe in good faith that you didn't know what you did wasn't toxic.  Did all my warnings to you fall upon deaf ears?

All I have to say to you in finality is this:
[Image: 4UjH547.png?1]

By the way, if you're sincere about making an appeal, we're not going to help you since our questions make us "impatient children".  You'll have to make a god-tier level appeal to account for everything you've done, said, and anything else that gets brought up.  You're not "sucking up to the staff-team" either, you're addressing and apologizing to the whole community.  Good luck.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

I too have witnessed the abuse and bad mouthing of both staff, and other players, by you through the loan of social spy, by higher staff, and via general chat on more than one instance. I feel that your current attitude is not in keeping with the harmony of the server and wish you luck on your next server.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

[Image: 0CQmL6V.jpg]

Locking thread.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook