• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ban Appeal for X-Raying
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord):  Hometown Laidback Survival Minecraft Server

Minecraft name: Sh4dow_Fletch

Reason for your ban: Glitching to find diamonds 

Who banned you: Hiyoko & Rayvenz

Why should you be unbanned:  Firstly, I think I should be unbanned because I was unaware that glitching was considered to be X-Raying. Also, the only reason why I did it was that all my items got lost earlier and I spent hours getting them, I just used it to get my armor and weapons back and did not mine that many diamonds. I regularly have been playing on the server and made a huge mine before that took me 2 days to make and have been playing legitly. I have also been voting every day and have been considering donating.  I would have been able to retrieve my original stuff that I got without glitching if I could set a second home. I also admitted to glitching to find diamonds. 

Why do you want to come back: 

I honestly like playing on the server because I am also a Canadian and it is a Canadian server and I have friends who play on it too and its fun to play with my friends on the Minecraft server. I like the staff and am really sorry for glitching to find diamonds and understand that its not fair to other players and will give back all the stuff and start off fresh if I have too. 

Thanks guys. 

(01-01-2018, 08:41 AM)sh4dow_fletch Wrote: Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord):  Hometown Laidback Survival Minecraft Server

Minecraft name: Sh4dow_Fletch

Reason for your ban: Glitching to find diamonds 

Who banned you: Hiyoko & Rayvenz

Why should you be unbanned:  Firstly, I think I should be unbanned because I was unaware that glitching was considered to be X-Raying. Also, the only reason why I did it was that all my items got lost earlier and I spent hours getting them, I just used it to get my armor and weapons back and did not mine that many diamonds. I regularly have been playing on the server and made a huge mine before that took me 2 days to make and have been playing legitly. I have also been voting every day and have been considering donating.  I would have been able to retrieve my original stuff that I got without glitching if I could set a second home. I also admitted to glitching to find diamonds. 

Why do you want to come back: 

I honestly like playing on the server because I am also a Canadian and it is a Canadian server and I have friends who play on it too and its fun to play with my friends on the Minecraft server. I like the staff and am really sorry for glitching to find diamonds and understand that its not fair to other players and will give back all the stuff and start off fresh if I have too. 

Thanks guys. 

"the only reason why I did it was that all my items got lost earlier and I spent hours getting them, I just used it to get my armor and weapons back and did not mine that many diamonds."
This is a lie. You had bought a helicopter with the diamonds you obtained through x-ray.
On top of that you x-rayed over 100 diamond ores and to worsen the situation you gave these x-rayed diamonds out to friends.

I find it hard to believe you did not understand that x-raying was any method used to unfairly obtain diamonds.
However now that you DO know this. If you wish to be allowed back onto the server you will need to answer the following questions thoroughly. I expect a paragraph long answer to each question before you are considered to be unban.

- Why is x-raying bad?

- How does x-raying affect other players?

- How does x-raying affect the server's economy?

- What have you learnt from this ban?
[Image: IqEDa8l.png][Image: IgRwvbV.gif]

Why is x-raying bad?

X-Raying is bad because it gives the user an unfair advantage in comparison to other players which is not okay on a survival server. It defeats the purpose of playing on a survival server. It also is bad because it takes away resources that other players could get who are playing legitly. It is also really bad because other people spend a lot of time trying to find diamonds.

It makes more work for the admins and staff when a player is unfairly getting the diamonds. It also is unfair to other players who are working hard to find the diamonds when you can get them very quickly. X-raying also makes resources less findable to other players who are mining for them without the x-ray.

By unfairly allowing people to get items they have not worked hard or saved up for very easily. Also by increasing the number of items that are in shops and getting money unfairly  by selling the diamonds. It is bad and players need to respect the server and the server economy.

I learned not to glitch or do anything to gain any advantage over another player. I'm really sorry for doing it and will return all the items. I also learned that its better to be honest about it instead of trying to use excuses to cover it up.

I'm really sorry for doing it again (I have never been banned before just apologizing again).

Thank you admin.

(01-01-2018, 10:05 AM)sh4dow_fletch Wrote: Why is x-raying bad?

X-Raying is bad because it gives the user an unfair advantage in comparison to other players which is not okay on a survival server. It defeats the purpose of playing on a survival server. It also is bad because it takes away resources that other players could get who are playing legitly. It is also really bad because other people spend a lot of time trying to find diamonds.

It makes more work for the admins and staff when a player is unfairly getting the diamonds. It also is unfair to other players who are working hard to find the diamonds when you can get them very quickly. X-raying also makes resources less findable to other players who are mining for them without the x-ray.

By unfairly allowing people to get items they have not worked hard or saved up for very easily. Also by increasing the number of items that are in shops and getting money unfairly  by selling the diamonds. It is bad and players need to respect the server and the server economy.

I learned not to glitch or do anything to gain any advantage over another player. I'm really sorry for doing it and will return all the items. I also learned that its better to be honest about it instead of trying to use excuses to cover it up.

I'm really sorry for doing it again (I have never been banned before just apologizing again).

Thank you admin.

I will accept your appeal on the condition that all the diamonds,new armor/tools and helicopter are handed over to a staff member to be destroyed. Some of the diamonds have already been removed. But anything remaining must be returned.  As well as your balance being wiped completely.

You have been unbanned. 
When you sign back on please review /rules to prevent future issues. If there is to be more problems in the future you may not be unban as easily.
[Image: IqEDa8l.png][Image: IgRwvbV.gif]