• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music channel on discord
I was on discord and noticed something that ours lacks which I've seen on a number of other servers' discords. I'm not sure if most have it or just the few I've seen, but I think it would be in the server community's interest to get a music channel and discord bot to play music. In all honesty I don't know how discord works very much but I don't believe it would be too difficult to add another voice channel designated for it and a text chat for players to input the /play (song name), /pause, /skip, /list, etc. commands. It would be a good place for server players to meet each other and share music they otherwise wouldn't have ever listened to or known about.
It's a prehistoric planet Morty.
Someone has to bring a little culture,
And It Certainly Can't Be SomeOne

WHO'S ENTIRE CULTURE POWERS MY BRAKE LIGHTS

We actually have one, the difference is that only staff have access to the room, its hidden for everyone else
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King

Our bot can play in any room, but not everyone has access to use it. It’s really tricky giving everyone access and expecting to not have issues. We’ll see what we can do though!
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

I have to say that I personally hate the music plug in for Discord. We have a plug DJ channel if people want to play music for each other.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

I, personally, think that plug.dj is a far better system than most discord bots. It gives everyone who wants to a turn at being the dj and playing one of their own songs. It also lets people vote on skipping or easily add the current playing song to their playlist.

HOWEVER

It is not as easy to use. It requires people to set up an account, create a playlist, and start DJing. That's too much effort for the average person who expects something to be there ready for them. Also, it's not within discord itself and not widely used or known about.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

plug.dj is definetly a better alternative.