• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slight Rule Change
Ok I know a lot of donators are going to talk trash about this, but my suggestion is an addition to the spam rule category. That addition being to include the overuse of the //L chat command to make chat bold. Using it for some of what you're saying is fine but it's looking just like spam if you use bold for everything in your sentence. It's  annoying and draws attention for no reason just like when you use caps for everything. Of course announcements by staff or console wouldn't count since it's meant to get everybody's attention and alert them to something.
It's a prehistoric planet Morty.
Someone has to bring a little culture,
And It Certainly Can't Be SomeOne

WHO'S ENTIRE CULTURE POWERS MY BRAKE LIGHTS

Yeah, May as well since its basically the same as caps lock. I agree.

(03-26-2018, 08:05 AM)I401 Wrote: Ok I know a lot of donators are going to talk trash about this, but my suggestion is an addition to the spam rule category. That addition being to include the overuse of the //L chat command to make chat bold. Using it for some of what you're saying is fine but it's looking just like spam if you use bold for everything in your sentence. It's  annoying and draws attention for no reason just like when you use caps for everything. Of course announcements by staff or console wouldn't count since it's meant to get everybody's attention and alert them to something.
It's the same as colors, they stand out. I believe the reason caps are banned to a certain extent is because they can be used to yell at people. Even if we got rid of bold people would just use bright colors, instead of bold. I honestly don't see where it's being overused, I see colors more than bold.
You can also just /ignore them. That is my opinion.
hi i dont play minecraft very often much anymore but would love to start playing again.

excessive use of colored text has been a kick-able offense in the past. So it stands to reason that over use of bold could be dealt with in the same manner. In general: if you are advertising your warp or trying to get a person's attention, it is fine to use colors or bold. Just don't use them for every chat line as that falls under the rule "Don't be annoying" and repeated offense after being warned or kicked can get you jailed, muted, or temp banned.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.