• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ban Appeal
I feel like I have answered your question as to how I felt you were disrespectful many times now. However since you seem to not be able to comprehend it, I will answer the question one more time. These comments below, to me, were disrespectful. Not just to me but to others as well:

[17:30:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] they are trying to troll me by acting like they can do help and then not doing it -talking about Hiyoko.
[17:34:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] ok but thats not doing your job -directed at me.
[17:36:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] its about hieks {Hiyoko's} way of getting revenge, not about moving an unimportant building - talking about Hiyoko
[18:21:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> i accidently moved into a communist town -directed at Kitty after you could not get your way.
[18:25:15] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> me] also this isnt a mods ordeal -directed at me.

As I had stated when you were in jail, I feel it is disrespectful of you to tell staff what is and is not a matter for staff or to suggest that staff is not doing their job because you didn't like the answer you were given.

As far as posting all the logs of that day here, in the forum, that is not going to happen. For one, it is so long that it may not even fit within the limitations of the forum. Also there is no need to spam the forum with dialog from other players that is not relevant to the situation. Other staff members reading may request my full logs at any time and I will provide them to staff either via e-mail or Discord. You already have copies of the interactions that day as you have your own logs and you claim to have video recorded the events at hand. You can look at your own logs for confirmation of the events.

This is my last posting on this thread concerning this issue. You and I have wasted enough time running over the same piece of track. Again, I leave it in the hands of Star as to your fate and again thank Star for her time.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

I would like to establish the following. If you agree or acknowledge it then tell me which ones in your next message.

1. The mute I received and the inability to talk in private chat were not Geckorian's fault.
     2. I did not knowing break any of Kittys town rules and I am not at fault for what transpired between me and Kitty before my jail time.

I was going to suggest a third suggesting that I did not disrespect Geckorian in any way. However, I believe that until The rest of the relevant logs are added I cannot prove myself innocent, and Geckorian cannot prove me guilty. It is necessary to retrieve the other logs before making an agreement or final decision about the final reason for my ban.

If star directs me to, I will put the videos on here. But the logs are not as long as you claim, It is much easier to review in log format. Also I feel that some of the comments that others made mocking me are relevant to the situation.
     The first 3rd messages you claim are disrespectful are not. I had reason to believe, as I explained earlier in my appeal, that I was, or possibly was, being trolled. And as I stated earlier do not pertain for the reason of either being jailed, or kicked. These first three are not only within my rights, but also not relevant to the situation.
     Now the 4th message was trying to convince Kitty That putting in the basement was ok. I don't feel this message is very important because number 1, it was a while after that before you actually jailed me, and number 2, This doesn't even compare to you calling me "whiny" or to many on the server swearing and mocking me while in the jail and trying to prove my innocence. I also feel that this isn't an inherently rude statement as the server accepts all. And 4th, I believe this is after I was told I could dig the basement at bedrock whether on purpose or mistakenly it makes no difference. Those logs during the jail time must be brought to light. I will admit, this is both the most questionable and most controversial of all of my messages but I do not feel that this constitutes a ban.
     And last the 5th message was not intended to be rude. It was intended to let you know that you did not need to mediate and that we had the situation handled. This was not an attempt to challenge your authority, but simply hastily written message trying to explain that we were not in need of your help. This was also the last message I wrote before being put into the server jail and mocked.
     Also please don't forget about the message above.

I am trying to make progress here.

If you feel the videos will in some way support your case, feel free to post them. Otherwise is there something specific you would like me to be watching for in the logs when I go through all of them in their entirety? I’ll be doing so in the morning to allow you time to respond. As for Geckorian’s response, he’s presented his side, and I will be responding to you from here on out unless I am somehow unable to answer your question(s).
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

Thank you so much for being patient and helping me with this. Yeah if you see anything I say that might me classified as disrespect I would like to answer for them. Also, in general the point is more that many people were mocking me and I was only trying to prove my innocence. The important stuff that was left out was all the logs after I was jailed until I was banned. It just gives a general sense of the situation. 
      The video format is just as good as the logs. If you would prefer that then I'll put it up there. It may help give you a better sense of the timetable of what happened. I am perfectly willing to put them on if you ask.

Okay, I've reviewed logs spanning from the first time you asked Hiyoko for help that night until five minutes after you were banned, around 2.25 hours. 
To answer your questions above:
1. Geckorian did not mute you, nor were they involved in your mute.
2. You are at fault for breaking the rules of Kitty's town, as you did do so knowingly and against her explicit instructions to not do what you did. Whether or not you come to understand how what I've said is true will be a determinant in whether or not you are unbanned.

There are multiple occasions in which you were disrespectful to staff members and players on the server, and while there was no one comment that would've led to a ban, the accumulation of comments were enough to add nails in your coffin.

First:
[15:29:45] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> waiting for yer explanation
[15:29:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> and i said sorry that i couldnt find the warp name
[15:30:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> your just getting revenge and you know it
[15:30:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Mod] EasterGecko -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] irrelivent JoesMine231. you need to talk to an admin not harras Hiyoko
[15:30:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> your attitude isn't appreciated
[15:30:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] they are trying to troll me by acting like they can do help and then not doing it
[15:30:58] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] how did such a great server get them onboard their staff i dont understand how this happens
[15:31:08] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] Hiyoko >> oi
[15:31:11] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] ohwell.
[15:31:30] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Mod] EasterGecko -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] no you are not being trolled. As mod's we have a duty to look into the situation and bump it up the chain if needed.
[15:32:40] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] also i dont think mods are supposed to turn off their msg and force you to talk in regular chat
[15:33:37] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Mod] EasterGecko -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] at this point JoesMine231, you are getting a bit whinny so I am going to ask you to end the conversation untill you can talk to an admin about it
[15:34:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] ok but thats not doing your job

[15:34:28] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Mod] EasterGecko -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] it's not by job to mollycoddle you becuase your feelings got hurt

[15:34:52] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] your not looking into any situation
[15:35:16] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] i said i would wait until more honerable mods/ admins come online to move it
[15:35:18] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Mod] EasterGecko -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] BS we looked into it and told you to talk to an admin now drop it
[15:36:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] its about hieks way of getting revenge, not about moving an unimportant building
[15:36:35] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Mod] EasterGecko -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] revenge for what?
[15:37:26] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] EasterGecko >> sort of
[15:37:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] revenge for me wasting his time by accident and telling him how to do his job.

To me, this is disrespect. While  you didn't sling it in global chat, you still badmouthed someone, implying they're poor staff (bolded line #1) and saying they're not honorable (bolded line 2).
As for the red text, that's highlighted not as something against you, but as a piece of information for the future. Staff members have the ability to appear as "offline", allowing them to investigate issues or have some time to themselves and act as players without the constant requests from people. This being said, it is fine for us to "turn off" our private messages for a bit. I literally have mine off all the time, and if someone asks to talk to me, I'll open my messages only to them.

Issue 2: Ignoring Kitty's requests and disrespecting her
[15:46:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] where can i put my build?

[15:46:35] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] idk, how big is it? i still havent fully decided. plus if u have ur own warp, why cant u put it there?
[15:47:08] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [VIP2] kitty >> ugh i need 123 claim blocks but cant vote for like an hour ughhh
[15:47:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] i like being im mulitple peoples towns

[15:47:42] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] ik, but what is it exactly and how big?
[15:47:54] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] its like a clubhouse sort of
[15:48:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] its sort of dark inside
[15:48:08] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] and it not to large
[15:48:19] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] like 4 of your houses combined
[15:48:30] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] but i can adjust the size as needed
[15:49:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] oh ya sorry i think i dont really want that in my town just bc i have plans for my town... sorry Sad - This means no
[15:49:54] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] what if its underground in my house
[15:50:31] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] idk i cant have anything exceed the outline of the house. but idk -This means no
[15:51:17] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] oh they have basements to?
[15:51:35] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] if i built one
[15:52:32] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] ill add a basement rn
[15:53:14] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] im gonna add the outline so i know u dont exceed the boundary i want. -This is her saying that SHE will build the basement
[15:53:37] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] if other houses dont have basements
[15:53:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] and if there is lots of space inbetween houses
[15:53:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] why not just say nothing exessive -This is you ignoring her, trying to force her to change her answer to get your way
[15:54:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] bc its my town and what if other houses want one? im sorry it has to be the house boundary - This means no
[15:54:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] also it can go as deep as you need
[15:54:42] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] if your worried about that i can put it deep down - This is you ignoring her again
[15:55:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] look im sorry i built this town, either make this build somewhere else or follow my boundarys - This is her saying no, again
[15:55:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] not trying to be mean
[15:55:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] there isnt any logic in this, there is 63 blocks below sea level - This is you ignoring her AGAIN
[15:55:38] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] i can make the basement at berock if need be - AND AGAIN

[15:56:11] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] ok, but why were u complaining about expanding? - This is the line you chose to listen to, and not even the whole thing. You literally must've only read the first two letters. This is not her saying "Yeah, okay, sure, go ahead and build a basement". This is her acknowledging that you've said something, and she is returning a response to what you have previously said. This is not her saying yes.

[15:56:41] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] i wanted to add more to it
[15:56:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] so if i go down to bedrock i can do it
[15:56:56] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] i still dont understand why you cant build this in your own warp if u want it so big
[15:57:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] its not big
[15:57:11] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] its just a little bigger than my house
[15:58:11] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] well i still dont want u exceeding the boundaries, if u want, i will build however many layers down u need
[16:04:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] this is my town. i have to have claim to all claims. i cant access youre stuff at all. if u dont like my town, leave.

[16:05:25] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] u can have money back, but if u dont like it. leave.
[16:05:48] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] im sorry ive just had enough
[16:05:56] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] im asking for reasoning
[16:06:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] bc this is my town, i have a specific outline for how i want this things. you wouldnt want someone doing whatever they want in your warp
[16:07:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] so like communism or?

That's blatant disrespect.

[16:07:29] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] idk why ur making this more complicated than it already has to be
[16:07:30] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] is reasoning to hard to give
[16:07:38] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] i just want a reason
[16:07:42] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] no, youre not getting my point
[16:07:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] im not
[16:08:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] if. you. dont. like. my. town. you. can. leave.
[16:08:14] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] there
[16:08:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] thats not reasoning
[16:08:43] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] well youre not following my rules
[16:08:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] im asking why are those specific rules in place thats all
[16:09:18] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] although me not being able to claim my own house was not a rule i agreed to
[16:09:37] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] bc its my town duh
[16:09:39] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] and my house
[16:09:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] i want to claim a house not a town
[16:09:58] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] well u didnt need to buy the house
[16:10:09] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] you didnt tell me i couldnt claim my own stuff
[16:10:19] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] i thought i was joining a capitalist community

That's some more blatant disrespect. 

[16:10:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] youre house is is claimed, i need to have access to the structure its not just u
[16:11:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] why do you need acess?
[16:11:06] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] see now your reasoning
[16:11:19] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] its the whys, not the just leaves i want to hear
[16:13:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] i told u, no building
[16:13:51] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] you said i could make a basement
[16:14:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] i said i would
[16:14:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] i never said
[16:14:26] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] that
[16:14:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] yes... you did

No, she literally said you were not allowed to build one and that she would build it for you.

[16:14:44] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] i told u i would build it
[16:15:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] pls why cant u follow my rules
[16:15:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] you then said i could do it after i said do it at bedrock
[16:15:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] why are your rules illogical?
[16:15:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] why dont you have reasoning
[16:15:29] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] for a min. there you had it
[16:15:36] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] but then you lost it
[16:16:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] last time im saying this. follow my rules or i can give u ur money back
[16:16:12] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] thats not reasoning

[16:16:12] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] bc u clearly r not
[16:16:20] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] your not answering why you have those rules in place
[16:16:30] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] i have followed every rule
[16:16:39] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] bc its my god damn town
[16:16:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] pls just respect that

[Image: Ey8Zl7s.png]
Dude what is THIS? Let's get this super straight before we move on. You are a guest in her town. She built that town. She owns that town. She makes her rules. If she so pleased, she could make it against the rules to eat muffins on Sundays, but allow cupcakes to be eaten, and I'd still help her enforce that rule, even if it's the single stupidest thing you've ever heard. Why? Because it's her town, with her rules. She doesn't need to have a reason behind each and every rule. Maybe she just doesn't like basements. That's fine. Maybe she doesn't want basements because she decided to hide diamond blocks under everyone's house and doesn't want them stolen. My point is, if you live in her town, you follow her rules. To quote her, "[[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] if. you. dont. like. my. town. you. can. leave."

[16:18:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] if i trust u again, will you build back up? and wait til i say u can

[16:18:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] or else i untrust u again
[16:18:37] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] you said i could already
[16:18:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] no! you need to listen my god
[16:18:52] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] im not modifying the house, im making a basement you said i could build at bedrock
[16:19:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] if you agree to give me reasoning yes
[16:19:25] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] ok i have to do something real quick ill decide when i get back k?

Honestly, I would have stepped in twenty minutes ago, literally. If you had continued to fight with me the way you fought with her, you would have been banned instantly. There wouldn't have been a chance for the peanut gallery to throw stupid little insults.

[16:20:28] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [VIP2] kitty >> yes u can
[16:20:37] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [VIP2] kitty >> my gosh
[16:20:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> i dont want you to be able to
[16:20:57] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> no
[16:21:03] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> i accidently moved into a communist town - Disrespect
[16:21:06] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [VIP2] kitty >> he is not listening
[16:21:18] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> im waiting for reasoning behind the dont claim your house rule
[16:21:25] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [VIP2] kitty >> then u can leave! i have no access to ur chests
[16:21:33] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [VIP2] kitty >> seeeee
[16:21:36] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] EasterRed >> JoesMine231 they put the rule there so leave it
[16:21:36] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> you just made them private

And now, Geckorian steps in.

[16:21:43] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Mod] EasterGecko -> [VIP2] kitty] if he won't follow the rules of your town, you are within your rights to kick him out of it.
[16:21:46] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> you took away my acess to my own chests
[16:21:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [VIP2] kitty >> NO access
[16:21:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Mod] EasterGecko] i have tried! he wont leave!
[16:22:25] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Mod] EasterGecko -> [VIP2] kitty] you have actually told him to leave the town?
[16:22:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Mod] EasterGecko] yes in a private msg many times. i said if he doesnt like it he can leave
[16:22:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Mod] EasterGecko -> [VIP2] kitty] kk
[16:23:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Mod] EasterGecko] its so annyoing
[16:23:29] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Mod] EasterGecko -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] Kitty has the right to set rules in her town. If you can't follow them you need to leave.
[16:23:47] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> i cant msg
[16:23:58] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] EasterGecko >> try again
[16:24:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [VIP2] kitty >> msg who
[16:24:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] the problem is

[16:24:09] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] i bought a house
[16:24:19] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] and i wasnt told i couldnt even claim my own house

I warped to the town's warp, which brought me to a large wall with all the rules written on it. On that wall of rules, it discusses claims and how they work. Regardless, if she adds you to the claim, you are able to do pretty much anything you want in that claim, however, she CANNOT access your chests unless YOU allow her to do so by typing out a command: /cmodify (her name) and punching your chest. She can't just let herself in. Even still, if you didn't like the no-claim issue, she offered you your money back, she told you to leave, she even said please.

[16:24:24] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] until after the fact
[16:24:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Mod] EasterGecko -> [VIP2] kitty] did he pay money for a house?
[16:24:37] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] i was told i could add a basement, now they say i cant after the fact they said i could
[16:24:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Mod] EasterGecko] yes and i offered to give it back
[16:24:54] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] and all i ask of them, is reasoning behind the rules they make
[16:25:00] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Mod] EasterGecko -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] it's here town mate

[16:25:08] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] also this isnt a mods ordeal - Oh yes it most certainly is.

[16:25:34] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Mod] EasterGecko -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] it is if you are trespassing cuz you were asked to leave
[16:25:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] i cant be tresspassing in my own house i bought

[16:26:09] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [Mod] EasterGecko] also, were working it out, why are you being nosy
[16:26:32] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Advanced] JoesMine231 -> [VIP2] kitty] whats wrong with making a basement?

It's around now that you were jailed because you were not leaving her town after breaking her town rules.

[16:27:03] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[Mod] EasterGecko -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] alright. I have had enough of you deciding what is and is not staff buisness
[16:28:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> i didnt break any rules

[16:28:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> name a rule i broke
[16:28:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> by asking the leader of the town i am in a question
[16:28:25] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] EasterGecko >> now I am gonna afk and check dinner. cool off
[16:28:36] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> you have to answer what i did wrong first
[16:29:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> you cant jail someone for breaking no rules at all
Please note, odds are I would have banned you already , yet we continue.

For the next section, all comments in green will be the peanut gallery, throwing their comments in.
[16:29:08] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [VIP3] CleeHawk >> I don't think you're in a position to demand anything Joe and that might be the problem
[16:29:14] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] EasterGecko >> how about disrespect?
[16:29:22] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Guardian] AmbularD >> Rule 2D: 'Do not be annoying in chat.'
[16:29:23] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> i have not called you any names

(You were slingin' around the word communist more than once)

[16:29:27] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Mod] EasterGecko] what i miss? sorry i had to do something
[16:29:29] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> and i have recorded all conversation
[16:29:33] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] EasterRed >> good
[16:29:35] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> so i can prove it
[16:29:43] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod] EasterGecko >> no you just took it upon yourself to decide what staff should and should not do
[16:29:43] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Advanced] JoesMine231 >> i have not been in any way disrespectful

The conversation continued on for half an hour, all the while you argued. I will admit, in the end the spectators should not have been as vocal as they were, and they will be spoken to. I've also talked with Geckorian on when to shut down commenters. However, I stand behind your ban, and each reason for it. You were disrespectful, you were argumentative, and you were rude. I would like you to apologize to staff involved and Kitty for how you wronged them. If you are unbanned after this, you'll move out of Kitty's town without your money back, and you won't return to her warp.

I have answered for much of it. However I have added parts that were not said before.

1. I told you that all dealings with hioko were at a time where I felt I was being trolled and they do not pertain to this appeal anyway because they are before Geckorian got involved. Can I not tell a mod that I feel another mod is trying to troll me and then explain how I believe they are doing it?
     2. " Also I don't think mods are supposed to turn off their msg and force you to talk in regular chat"  I asked hieko on several occaisions to please turn on his msg. He would not do it, and persisted to force it into public chat. If you wont take my word for it you can look at those logs to. This is yet another reason why I felt I was being trolled by him. trying to explain to a mod that I feel I am being trolled is not wrong.
     3. "I said I would wait until more honorable mods/ admins come online to move it." this right right here does suggest that Hioko, and maybe Geckorian, are not honorable. But if you sincerely believe your being trolled by a mod,
     4. "why not just say nothing excessive" This is not Ignoring any of what she said. I simply asked why. This is not disrespectful nor is it bullying. And yes, But is there a problem with trying to explain something to someone to get your way. I'll say this, I was trying to get my way that entire time. But after the fact after being jailed, I was only trying to prove my innocence. Neither of these cases is overstepping my bounds. trying to convince people is not rude. If there were not people in this world to question why things are done then this world would be a pretty bad place. no not trying to force her into my way, but trying to make her look at her decision and think about it.
     5. "There isn't any logic in this, there is 63 blocks below sea level" yes I stated to get frustrated here, but It is still trying to convince and is not a rude comment, or ignoring her, being directed towards her. Yes, here I am pushing the issue, but trying to convince someone, or make them think about their own rules, Is not against the rules. If they did not like it when I questioned their rules then they could have just told me to leave. I know what your going to say, She told you many times after to leave her town. No, She said if I did not like it there then to leave her town. She did not blatantly say leave until I was already jailed anyway. Might I explain where my frustration comes from. You say mark where Kitty is being ignored, please mark where I am being ignored. Also I had gathered Around 10 stacks of wood for Kitty. I had helped to clear space for her town. I did this out of kindness, and because I'm honest, I also did it for a little bit of sway later because she said she might let me build my other building in her town.
     6. "I can make the basement at bedrock if need be" making a suggestion that I could make it at bedrock if she needed IS not Ignoring her. It is offering an alternative.
     7. "ok, but why were u complaining about expanding?" About this line you said "This is the line you chose to listen to, and not even the whole thing. You literally must've only read the first two letters. This is not her saying "Yeah, okay, sure, go ahead and build a basement". This is her acknowledging that you've said something, and she is returning a response to what you have previously said. This is not her saying yes." It may not be Her saying yes, But is certainly appears to me as so. She said this after I gave the alternative of building it at bedrock. No you cannot accuse me of not reading the entire thing or only paying attention to the "ok" part. I read the entire thing because in the following messages below that I explain to her "why I was complaining about expanding." Clear intent is not written. The only way to avoid most misinterpretations is to be actually speaking with them. Emotions does not travel through text the same as speech. Only I can say How I felt at the time. Others can only say how they felt, and how they speculate I felt. as for what you said,  "You are at fault for breaking the rules of Kitty's town, as you did do so knowingly and against her explicit instructions to not do what you did." This is false. As i explained. This clearly looks like She is giving me the go ahead, and "Why are you complaining about expanding," Does not suggest otherwise. Nothing suggests otherwise until later kitty claims she said no such thing after I began to do what I saw her tell me I could do. This is a misunderstanding, and you saying that I broke her rules knowing is a "blatant" falsehood.
     8. She says "well I still don't want u exceeding the boundaries, if u want, I will build however many layers down u need" after I started the basement, note that I changed very little and did NOT continue to do so after she said I  couldn't.
     9. you then say "It's around now that you were jailed because you were not leaving her town after breaking her town rules." This is so false, I did not break her town rules. I saw her say I could and it was a misunderstanding. As soon as she told me to stop building I did. I then started to discuss this with her. Also at no point did she tell me to leave, She only said "if you don't like it here then leave." Geckorian would not let me explain this misunderstanding. I will admit however, I did not understand the magnitude of the misunderstanding until after and seeing the logs for myself.
     10. Now about what I said about "communism." I was very disrespectful, that right there was on me, but, you need to understand my reasoning for this as well as the nice things I had done for this person before this incident. This I will apologize for. And as I said before, I am very honest and I will not apologize for anything I am not sorry for. And I am not sorry for anything I said Before the point where I said communism.
     11. Kitty then says, "yes in a private msg many times. I said if he doesn't like it he can leave" Really, This is not a clear statement to leave. This gives me the option to prove my point. I tried to prove my point and that is ok. Yes I know saying "communism" was very wrong. But everything else was trying to prove my point which is ok. I was not told to leave. Remember the "If he doesn't like it" That is very important, and you just ignored it.
     12. Geckorian told me, "Kitty has the right to set rules in her town. If you can't follow them you need to leave."I Stopped building as soon as she said not to do it. I was following her rules. There was a misunderstanding earlier, but that was quite a while before Geckorian tells me this. Yes, I was questioning her rules, But I was following them. I do not break Rules town owners set. But, I feel it is my right to question them. I should not have been jailed for it, I was following her rules, I added nothing after she told me not to. I even agreed to not change anything until she told me I could.
     13. I told Geckorian, "also this isn't a mods ordeal." I only meant to tell him that we had it handled, I had already stopped building and we were figuring it out. I was not challenging his authority. This is when I was jailed.
     14. I said " I cant be trespassing in my own house I bought" This is not a rude statement, why is it bolded? It is only part of my reasoning.
     15. I then said, "Also, were working it out, why are you being nosy" I should not have said the being so nosy part. While it is not as bad as calling Kittys town communist, It is still something I must apologize for.
     16. I don't understand how my two minor disrespect infractions constitute a ban or even a jailing. Also, With as polite as I tried to be throughout most of the situation, Why was it so ok at the time for the people to swear and me and saying awful things to me. I did not such thing, but many others did while I was in the jail only trying to prove myself innocent. Geckorian made no move to stop them at all, And this went on for a while. He had plenty of time to tell them not to do what they were doing. Again, I do appreciate Geckorian apologizing for calling me whinny.

Tell me with statements you agree, partially agree, or disagree with.
     I am planning on apologizing to Kitty for saying her town was communist, and apologizing to Geckorian for saying that he was being nosy. I know it is a mods job to help, I just felt like we had it handled and were not in need of any help.

Also, I have Answered for all of your points, and Geckorian's points. Please answer mine.

Before you get ready to type out some argumentative response to me, know that this is the last time I respond to your arguments and give you a chance to come back. This is it. The next response you'll get from me will either be me unbanning you and welcoming you back to the server, or denying your appeal and locking this thread, and keeping your ban in place. To get me to unban you, you will need to admit you were wrong. This isn't a point you can argue out of. You requested that another staff member step in and respond to the appeal, and I'm it, and this is the chance I'm giving you.

1. You may do so in a respectful manner. The way you talked about a staff member to another staff member wasn't just raising concern, but throwing insults at their image. A better way to raise concern in the future would be "Hey, I asked for help from x earlier, and they didn't respond to me in an appropriate manner, please talk to them about it." That's a far cry from "How did such a great server get them onboard their staff I don't understand how this happens." And yes, they concern this appeal because they were brought into this appeal. Don't tell me what does or does not concern why you were banned, especially when you're arguing our reasoning.

2. I see you asking Hiyoko to allow you to talk to them in private message, however, they are under no obligation to open their private messages to you. While it would have been more professional on their part, they are not required to do so. In fact, it usually helps them help you, as other staff members see what the issue is as well, whereas they may not if they don't use social spy had it been in private message. In the future if you have an issue with this, most admins and frost usually keep things to private message. If even this fails, we have a discord with private message options there, and even then, staff members put things into staff chat they deem necessary to be staff knowledge.

3. You kinda left yourself hanging there... but I do believe my pointing it out as disrespect stands. Our staff aren't here to troll. Honestly, yeah, I've seen them troll people (guilty as charged, I do it too sometimes), but those players themselves are usually malicious and only here to troll others themselves. I can assure you from reading all the logs, you were not being trolled, even though you may have felt that way.

4. You're saying "JUST SAY" to her. You're telling her to change her mind. If you want to say it's not bullying, fine, I'll let it go, but you're most certainly badgering her. You're pestering her over and over to get her to change her mind. The only difference in this case, in my opinion, between this and bullying, is that you're arguably not able to use force to change her opinion, only a torrent of requests.

5. You're still not seeing the issue. You admit you're pushing the issue, when it should have been dropped; she said no to you already. At this point, you're breaking rules 1 and 2, respect and annoyance, respectively. Your requests to her do not hold equal weight. This is her town, her rules are superior to what you believe you deserve. You being ignored doesn't mean she's in the wrong. You're providing all these alternatives, but she's still saying she doesn't want you to edit your house or the area under it. Even though you helped her with building doesn't entitle you to special treatment, and going forward I'd suggest not doing favours for people if you expect something in return; you'll lead a happier life.

6. Badgering.

7. At no point in reading the logs did I perceive Kitty's statements as giving you the go-ahead to build a basement. Had she reported you for grief, I would have banned you for grief. In that appeal if you had shown me these exact logs as your support of innocence, I would still stand by my ban for you. She said no to you too many times, she continued to be against it. And you're right, I can't interpret emotions through text, but I can interpret meaning through context, and I understood her saying no, do not build a basement. She even offered as a compromise to build one for you, not that you could build one at your pleasure.

8. You still went ahead and edited the house in the first place.

9. I asked Geckorian the exact reason of your jailing, to which he replied "No he was jailed because I got fed up with his disrespect and I didn't want him to do anything to her town while I talked to him." No, you did not follow her rules, as shown when she said:
[16:15:01] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] pls why cant u follow my rules
That shows me that no, her rules were not followed. You then argue, to her, the maker of those rules, that you are following her rules. She makes the rules there, because:
[16:16:39] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [SS] [[VIP2] kitty -> [Advanced] JoesMine231] bc its my god damn town

10. Thank you for apologizing for the communism comment. However, not being sorry for anything that transpired before this is a huge red flag.

11. She's telling you to follow her rules or leave. You're not following her rules. Therefore, you need to leave. When Geckorian asked her if she asked you to leave, she said "Yes, in a private message many times. I said if he doesn't like it he can leave". That's more than clear to me. Evidently, your interpretation was incorrect, because here we are.

12. She never gave you permission in the first place.

13. My note next to it was affirming Geckorian's decision in stepping in, there was no other comment made from me about it.

14. I didn't say it was rude, I was highlighting a point of conflict. I was pointing out your reasoning is incorrect. It's her town, and while you bought the house, she has the right to evict you from that house.

15. Thank you.

16. I remarked on this in my previous post... " I will admit, in the end the spectators should not have been as vocal as they were, and they will be spoken to. I've also talked with Geckorian on when to shut down commenters."

Please, do not respond to me with an argument. I don't like keeping people banned. The server community is one of a kind, but if you can't understand where you've made your mistakes to wind up in the ban appeals on our forums, the staff team doesn't see a future for you as a part of it.

Thank you for responding to my points. I will give you the honest truth of how I feel and then you decide. I apologize for the communism and nosy comments. But being honest, unlike the majority, I feel that there was a misunderstanding about the basement thing. I only started one because I genuinely thought that Kitty had told me it was ok. She did say so, but maybe she didn't mean to say so. I feel I was wrong about the communism and nosy comments. I can only say I promise you I followed her rules to the best of my ability. If unbanned of course I'll leave that town and I never asked for any refund so I'm not worrying about that. Also please consider the effort of this ban appeal and the honesty of it in your final decision. Please don't take my honesty the wrong way. I am extremely grateful that you responded to all of my comments and that you volunteered to be that person who reads my appeal. I know it was no easy or short task.

Alright, I will unban you. Take care in the future to avoid excessive arguing with staff or players (leads to getting us involved). Welcome back to hometown, I trust you’ll make amends with those that deserve a direct apology.

yeah