• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Discovery
Honestly, truth be told, I think I found the server when I was looking for survival servers on a voting server XD. This is why we gotta vote! (Or don't vote if you don't want more mes)
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

I used to play on a pvpserver but was getting tired of all the hackers and the staff not doing anything about it. So I was gonna take a break from and just build something instead. That is now 4 years ago roughly.

I actually found a file where it said I joined. Of course, that is on my current computer not on the one I used to use before that, So I technically know I've been on the server since 2015 in I believe august
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

I found this server while searching for servers in Canada back in March 2016. It was on the top of the list, and I tried it. I enjoy the people and the staff, so here I stay Smile

This is an interesting story, and one that will probably make some of the staff-members/friends squee.  cough Stargirl cough

My first online server died, the second I got bored of building on, and I never got around to finding a new one.  Then in late 2013, I started dating a woman who loved Minecraft but didn't have anyone to play it with.  At that time, I hadn't played Minecraft in a couple of years.  Our first date was to meet, find an online server, and play together.  Before HomeTown, we played on two different servers.  Both of them died from staff-drama.  We went searching for another server for about two weeks.  I got a text that a new server was found, I logged in, and here I am now--an [Admin] four years later.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Honestly, I was finding servers to grief and troll on and found hometown on planetminecraft. That was a few years ago and now I'm the founder!

(04-30-2018, 11:05 PM)(Honest) frost Wrote: Honestly, I was finding servers to grief and troll on and found hometown on planetminecraft. That was a few years ago and now I'm the founder!

”You either die as a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain”
Or in this case, the other way around...
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

I had been playing single player and LAN games with the daughter for about a year before I went looking for a server. I searched several sights for a vanilla non-pvp site and found this one on PlanetMinecraft. Joined on Christmas eve 2015 and been here ever since. Actually, aside from mini-game servers and now a Minecraft Realm I was invited to, I have only ever played on one other server, a Walking Dead themed one.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

I played minecraft like a month after it released for about 6 months. In that time I became a co-owner of the creative server portion of a 3 server types server. A griefing  team came on and gained the owners trust and, against the 3 Co-Owners objections, their leader became a Co -owner of all three servers at once as an anti-griefing squad. About two weeks later drama ended up getting the server files deleted by the anti-griefing Co-Owner  (the only Co -Owner who had FTP access to the server), without any backups that weren't downloaded from the server. 

After that happened I basically said FUCK IT, and because of how pissed I was at the owner who didn't listen to me,  I joined the Griefing team (they called themselves Frac/tion) and I loved it. So much so that I went ahead and made a server for them to call home (my house on there was blown up by "accident" by them. Still not sure it was an actual accident but more of a joke). I stayed with them for the rest of my time playing minecraft till they broke up (some went to college, others moved up in their job. Either way they didn't have anymore time for minecraft). I got bored of minecraft after that. 

Jump ahead to about 7 months ago after playing Shaiya, and wow. I was bored with my current mmo, and waiting for Star Citizen to be released (still am), I decided to play minecraft again. So I started looking for something interesting. After looking through a couple websites for other servers, I found hometown. I liked the idea of it, and joined. Been playing on the server since. And since then I changed my name to Rydenn1

Basically hometown is my in between game till Star Citizen comes out. After that happens, I'm gonna be moving to it. I may visit hometown some afterwards, but I plan to block off my shops, but leave the free farms and their shops open.

[Image: 7bNhSIS.png]

I think I joined in mid 2014 I believe, Not sure I might need to check my logs (probably wiped after new PC). I remember a friend of mine searching on minecraft server list websites when i found hometownmc, I took a look and then told my friend. As soon as we joined and settled into a place we were hooked, tundratown was our first project starting simple from wandering into a tundra plains and started digging. Along the way I got vip3, he got vip2, the server reset and he faded off about 6 months ago and has stopped playing on HT now. I've had a few hiatus periods but I'm back with the helicarrier as my latest project (1.2 years progress) and still working on it!
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]