• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slots trickery?
So I'm at the slot machine, merrily pulling the handle and watching the prizes spin by... and suddenly all my open inventory slots are filled with cobblestone. I stopped playing and looked around, and there was cobblestone around me, and a player nearby. I suspect the other player dumped the cobblestone to fill my inventory, so the slot prize would fall to the ground and they could get it. Would that work?

TEO

Wow what a dick. Don’t think the drop won’t even fall down: once i had a full inv aswell, so the price just disappeared.
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

The prizes aren't dropped, they spawn in your inventory. By filling your inventory, they may have caused the prize to not be awarded, which is still grief, but they won't be able to take it for themself. Also why didn't they use something more interesting like water/lava/milk buckets or something? smh, trolls these days.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

(05-14-2018, 12:13 PM)TheNamesGames Wrote: Wow what a dick. Don’t think the drop won’t even fall down: once i had a full inv aswell, so the price just disappeared.

That's pretty much what I thought about the player too. Wink If they had somehow snagged the prize then it would have at least been of benefit to them. But apparently their only motive was to mess with me.

TEO

While that is unfortunate that incident has happened, it is quite difficult to prove that the nearby player was the who intentional littered with the purpose of snagging your slot prize. If a similar incident occurs again, you should immediately notify a mod or admin within the minute, and after verifying your statement to be true, your first slot token may be restored. Note, that items will not be dropped when your inventory is full, it simply disappears.

(05-15-2018, 02:37 AM)Hiyoko Wrote: While that is unfortunate that incident has happened, it is quite difficult to prove that the nearby player was the who intentional littered with the purpose of snagging your slot prize. If a similar incident occurs again, you should immediately notify a mod or admin within the minute, and after verifying your statement to be true, your first slot token may be restored. Note, that items will not be dropped when your inventory is full, it simply disappears.

Thanks, but it really didn't seem worth the trouble of reporting. More of a petty annoyance than anything else.

The reporting not only helps you, but may help other players in the future avoid this issue from the same player. It is the same as repairing only one or two blocks of grief and not reporting it. What if the player who griefed you also did that to 30 others? By reporting it, you may be helping to stop future issues.

Big Grin

J