Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord):  SMP

Minecraft name: Linxiekins

Reason for your ban: I did a x-ray ._.

Who banned you:  Deathbunny?

Why should you be unbanned: I dono, it'd be perfectly reasonable to keep me banned.

Why do you want to come back: You're all really nice and the server is set up just the way I like it. I understand if yall don't want me back though. I wouldn't try to x-ray again, it's apparently futile lol. I sorrys <3

I offer this picture of fried yummies as recompense for my crimes http://i.4cdn.org/v/1526945243634.jpg

-edit : I just noticed that sillyness and joking is not appreciated in ban appeals. I'm not trying to make little of this, X-raying is a shitty thing to do. I wasn't setting out to dominate the economy with ill gotten gains, I was just trying to get myself set up, and buy some enchanted tools. I really am sorry, I could have just asked for stuff. Unfortunately I'm stubborn and don't like asking for things. I do like you all a lot. I've also been reading the questions others have been asked to answer about why x-raying is wrong. I don't think I could say it any better than the many ways it's likely been said before. It's obviously wrong, and it obviously does effect all players. No one who does it thinks it's harmless, they're just hoping they don't get caught, and I was no different.

We take X-ray very seriously on Hometown. With that said, you did admit to the use of X-ray and the fact that you did not try to lie to me goes a long way. With the edit of the post and the apology for the attempted humor on this topic I will allow your ban appeal to continue. However, due to the original use of the humor I will require at least 5 sentences for each of the following questions.

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?

What have you learned from this ban?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

Why is X-raying bad? : X-raying is a shortcut around many hours of hard work. Hard work that other players actually commit to. It breaks the normal function of the game to give the person doing it an obscene advantage. It places more work on the people playing the game without cheating.

How does X-raying affect other players? : There are multiple ways that X-raying impacts the players not cheating. The markets can be flooded, lowering prices and imbalancing the economy. X-ray packs can also be used to infiltrate and grief other players bases if they're not protected. It also leaves less resources around for other players who might happen upon them honestly. When you cheat to get everything you need, you end up not buying items you would have playing normally, removing revenue for traders.

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy? : This is something I understand less, but I know that sudden increases in supply lower prices. Shop owners may be adjusting to people bringing in lots of ores, only to realize their prices were fine, it's just that someone is cheating. Then players going to buy the goods are having to pay more than they normally would. Also like I mentioned above, it reduces the need for the player to buy items from others. There's really a whole lot of things that could go wrong.

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray? : Asking one of the hundreds of super kind players that you all are :<  Moving forward I will just get everything I need regularly. The plan now is to farm everything en masse.  I have a decent setup started, easy to expand.

What have you learned from this ban? : A lot actually, one that I will be promptly caught should I ever try to break the rules again. But more importantly, I learned that this server matters to me, not being able to hop on has made me pretty sad, and I know I only have myself to blame. I've been searching for a place for a long while, and when I finally find a good one I go and mess it all up. Most communities would have just banned me outright and perhaps not even allowed an appeal. It's a whole lot of trouble to go through for staff, and I'd like to end with an appology to you. If you give me a second chance, I will not let you down.

Edit 2 : Ack I didn't see that you wanted five sentences each, I will update again shortly. I'm a little busy and flustered atm but I will do it soon.

Edit 3 : Okay I added more! Some of them I couldn't quite get five, I ended up repeating myself a bit. I'm no good at writing anything more than a small paragraph. If you'd like to have a chat I promise to continue being honest.

Edit 4: I also just remembered that I got some enchanted books with the cheat money. I think they're in one of my chests, I'll hand them over as well. With the XP room and my sugar cane farm, making books won't be an issue.

Also I'm sorry I disappeared while you were trying to talk to me in game, my cable got cut when a new fence was going in, comcast won't be around to fix it til wednesday. I have kept it up with electrical tape and pliers, but it keeps going down. Must be Karma Tongue

You have been unbanned. Welcome back to HomeTown. Upon your return you will have to surrender any diamond tools/armor and any other gains you made from the X-ray to an HT staff member.
[Image: keez3aZ.png]