Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.net

Minecraft name: monardoju

Reason for your ban: trespass/grief

Who banned you: Rowebot

Why should you be unbanned: To be honest I am not 100% sure why I was banned. My best guess is that I found Nether fortress and I was trying to build a Blaze farm, which by the way I was intending to make free for all. There were signs around the fortress, but the place seemed otherwise unmodified. The signs said that the place was found by somebody (can't recall the name), but since it was not /claimed I assumed that anyone could just put a sign and say it's mine. In addition, (in my opinion) I was not griefing but building public farm. In any case I apologize if I misunderstood the rules. 

Why do you want to come back: I really like the server.

You misunderstood the rules, on HomeTown, a build is a claimed area. Not /claim blocks -- /claim is extra protection for 'grief' and 'theft' magnets that staff would have to rollback often.

A single torch or a single sign is not enough to be a build, but many torches, signs, and modifications to the natural area is a build. A chest or furnace is ideal since they start locked and any player can do '/cinfo' to find out who owns them -- leave them locked, don't '/unlock' them.

Staff can tell who placed/removed a block/sign and when. We can list all changes within an area. We can selectively rollback changes in an area by person, by block type, animal killed, etc.

You took over my nether fortress which has signs every 50 blocks all over it; fire blocking every entrance way, individual glowstones placed regularly on the ceiling. I removed the 1 block short walls and paved a large rectangular area with nether brick (not natural) to have wither skeletons spawn. Lots of torches in straight lines leading through tunnels and stairs to a warp room with a sign welcoming you to the warp 'rowenether' to use but not grief. All of these changes taken together are obvious 'build's.

When I looked over the surrounding area, I found you tried to break into another player's build 100 blocks over until you hit his /claim blocks. This is considered grief as well.

To be unbanned, please give 1 or 2 word answers to these questions and we will discuss your wrong answers (#2 is tricky to get right) until I feel you know the rules and will follow them:

1) Can you add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?

2) Once you know a build exists,
2a) can you walk through the area?
2b) can you harvest trees out of sight of the build?
2c) kill roaming animals?
2d) change the landscape within 100 blocks of that build?
2e) build or extend your build closer than 100 blocks?
2f) can you build within 100 blocks if you get permission from the other owner?

3) What should you do if you start building then discover a build within 100 blocks?

4) What should you do if someone starts building within 100 blocks of your build?

5) If you are walking within 100 blocks of a build and the owner asks you to leave and never come back, must you obey?

6) Can you break through a locked building wall, look around, then leave no visible evidence by repairing the break?
/Rowebot

1) Can you add/delete/harvest anybody else's built blocks (not natural), fenced in plants or fenced in animals?
No.

2) Once you know a build exists,
    2a) can you walk through the area?  Yes
    2b) can you harvest trees out of sight of the build? Yes
    2c) kill roaming animals? Not in the vicinity of the build
    2d) change the landscape within 100 blocks of that build? No
    2e) build or extend your build closer than 100 blocks? No
    2f) can you build within 100 blocks if you get permission from the other owner? Yes

3) What should you do if you start building then discover a build within 100 blocks?
Stop building

4) What should you do if someone starts building within 100 blocks of your build?

5) If you are walking within 100 blocks of a build and the owner asks you to leave and never come back, must you obey?
Yes, if he still insists after conversation.

6) Can you break through a locked building wall, look around, then leave no visible evidence by repairing the break?
Yes, if you did not know what you were breaking

2b should be no -- you know there is a build claiming the area, trees even if replanted are part of the landscape view. Best to ask the owner if you can harvest and replant. Like harvesting and replanting crops, trees take time to regrow; if the owner comes right after you replant to harvest or look at their favorite large oak which is now a small oak -- they are right to get upset.

2c is correct. Best check if someone has griefed fences letting the animals out before killing them. If you kill soon after they are released, staff will assume you are part of a team griefing.

3 and 4 are both report to staff and let them figure out who built first. Staff also have world edit tools to move builds.

5 is correct, claim owners can restrict who can go where in their claim.

6 is no. Your qualification changes my question. I meant if you find a locked building and break through the wall. Locked buildings are a restriction by the claim owner to keep everyone out of the building -- doors can have a list of people added who can use them (/cmodify). If you are mining and break into a built area -- then yes, stop immediately and replace what you broke -- if it is glass broken without silk touch, call staff to rollback the glass.

Thanks for you patience, you do understand the rules, you are unbanned. Do /rules and read them for more detail.
/Rowebot