• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will you be banned muted or will you not? That is the question.
"A player walks in to a shop and then thinks they can take the materials so they try to mine it, then somehow the materials in the chest disappear but the admin thinks they stole it so they ban them! *Server does not coreprotect yet* "

Well since the scenario you presented says the person gets banned, then I would say ban. Mainly what I see here is a player trying to alter a structure that they did not build. That is a ban offense. Without core protect the staffer would have to go off what intel they had available to them. The intel available is that they tried to mine materials in the shop, that falls under either grief, for trying to alter a build, or theft, for trying to take the materials.

New scenario: Guest logs in for the first time, does the quiz, goes to warp faq, warp rules, and warp vote before using /rand for a while to find a location. Finds a nice spot of grassland nestled against a hills biome with a forest biome across the river. Cuts down a few trees and sets up a small hut. Finds sheep and kills them for food and to make a bed. Then decides to dig down to level 12 and start mining. Has no luck finding diamonds and says to in chat. Another player tells them they can come mine with them as the 2nd player is finding lots of diamonds. They /tp to them and watch as the 2nd player mines by making random turns, finds diamonds and lets the 1st player mine them. the Guest now has enough diamonds to make armor and tool set does /home to do so. After making his gear, he sees that chat is talking about how 2nd player just got banned for xray.

1)should the guest say anything about having mined with the 2nd player?
2)if the guest shows up on the core logs, should he get banned too?
3)should the guest say anything about his diamonds to staff?
4)If you were staff, how would you handle the situation?
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will you be banned muted or will you not? That is the question. - by Geckorian - 06-15-2018, 06:28 AM